Ren'Py - The Wants of Summer [v0.24 Patreon] [GoldenGob]

1. 2.00 star(s)

zephrates

I wanted to like this game. The art style, while not to everyone's taste, is unique, and at least amusing to me. What kills the game for me, and to me shows that the developer hasn't read reviews for similar games, is the grind. I decided to just concentrate on one character (Kate), and ran her relationship up over 200. With the exception of one kiss that happened very early on, there has been exactly zero progression in scenes. The quest log just says I need to advance my relationship with her. Either the quest log is wrong, and there is a requirement that's not listed, or that's a totally stupid amount of grind.
    Once more for the devs who haven't been paying attention: Grind isn't fun, and adds nothing to your game except inflating your play time numbers.
    This one goes in the "Don't Bother" folder, and yes, I actually have a folder by that name to keep track of bad games to I don't accidently waste my time.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

xSush

I like the soundtrack, its really nice and suits the game. Character models are in my taste and the game itself has simple but nice visuals. As of now there are two animated scenes, I think? and they are good quality.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

kasrlol

Looks promising and the characters are right up my alley. I hope the developer continues to work on this game. because of the simplicity of models it has the potential to contain a lot of content in every single update. I suggest adding "optional" trans(top/bottom) content in the future updates as well.