VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Web We Weave [v0.9] [Balladiasm]

2.50 star(s) 10 Votes

Balladiasm

Aug 16, 2017
So far it is a lot of build up with little action. I recommend those interested to wait a few months before bothering.
Yeah,even i acknowledge it lol, lot of build up with little action indeed as the pacing of story is slow (in ver 0.1, many suggestion come to me that it's better to do slow pacing rather than fast-paced story), tbh, what i feel is the more i write about this story, the more it's deviate from sex stories focused it's projected at the start,i don't know, it will probably be more thriller,or drama story with sex in some occasion than Sex story in the end,probably will throw a wench or two to make it back to track when it's too much deviated

RandyPhoenix

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
I'm waiting like a month this update and you do nothing again :( Game have potencial but you wasting this potencial. Come on man you get realy bad rewiews. You need do someting, add some good contents, story and scenes this game. Or this game will be die...

Reactions: fbass

WINTEX

May 26, 2017
OK, its 0.5 already, but going through comments is telling me that there is still not much of content, so the questing is, whats up with NTR? Especially mom part?

AL.d

Sep 26, 2016
if this is another 5 minute update, im done i think, dling now

edit: sigh
I 've developed a pretty foolproof method to see if a game here is worth my time. If its updates have gametime (minus repeatable grind), that is consistently equal or lower to the DL+unzip time, then they are not worth following.

Sadly, in this age of Patreon $$, that leaves me with very few games I can follow.

trumpthatbitch

Jun 23, 2017
first of all, thanks you for all who downloading and trying,even though it is demo,and like most of Demo, it will be roasted by the community, as i also come from the community,i expected it

for all the weirdstuff like hypno boobs,it is actually plot point i need,that will be unraveled later about the identity of Dr.lili,so yeah,let the stuff moving first,in early version,i will warn you that will be many plot holes that make the stuff seems weird, it will be my challenge for my writing abilities to make the stuff finally made sense in the end.

also, for the male, i actually thorn between showing him around or PoV, well,standard Honey Select Male is well infamously ugly, and thus,testing the water whether people like him around or just PoV

well, it is my first try tho, thanks you for trying btw, hope you come back if the game already fleshed enough in the future and i already investing more good effort to the game
First thing you have to do is rewrite that synopsis. Something along the lines of:

The main character for The Web We Weave is Billy Connor, a guy who lives in a christian community named Chastity Spring. He desperately plans on how to take his relationship with his girlfriend to the next level Meanwhile, a force of darkness begins it's move to corrupt the town and it’s inhabitants. Unfortunately Billy, his family, and his girlfriend become entangled in the middle of a fight for supremacy between Light and Darkness. What secrets does this town hold? Will Billy be able to save the day and marry his sweetheart or does he lose everything in his fight against the forces of darkness? The Web We Weave will encompass two perspectives across the story. The first is Billy Connor. The second is a backstory with multiple characters that will unravel the secrets between the battle of light vs darkness within the town and which will eventually merge with the main story.

Most of us when we see a game with a poorly written synopsis get turned off and don't bother even testing the game. I see you have it posted on patron too if you can fix it with one written by an English native speaker.

Last edited:

Balladiasm

Aug 16, 2017
First thing you have to do is rewrite that synopsis. Something along the lines of:

The main character for The Web We Weave is Billy Connor, a guy who lives in a christian community named Chastity Spring. He desperately plans on how to take his relationship with his girlfriend to the next level Meanwhile, a force of darkness begins it's move to corrupt the town and it’s inhabitants. Unfortunately Billy, his family, and his girlfriend become entangled in the middle of a fight for supremacy between Light and Darkness. What secrets does this town hold? Will Billy be able to save the day and marry his sweetheart or does he lose everything in his fight against the forces of darkness? The Web We Weave will encompass two perspectives across the story. The first is Billy Connor. The second is a backstory with multiple characters that will unravel the secrets between the battle of light vs darkness within the town and which will eventually merge with the main story.

Most of us when we see a game with a poorly written synopsis get turned off and don't bother even testing the game. I see you have it posted on patron too if you can fix it with one written by an English native speaker.
Thanks you for the suggestion and help, currently not yet found any native or proficient english proofreader myself, so i only rely on dictionary and sometimes internet translator, I appreciate any help

WTF version 0.5 size 73.7 MB onlyo_O
it is crunched with Renpy Cruncher that basically cut 95% of Image size,heck the cruncher is developed by a member of this forum and have its own thread, the true size of the game without being crunched is around 1.3 gigs lol (blame it to unoptimized PNG size)

also yeah, people maybe think it is too short for ver 0.5 compared to others game,as i'm only doing 3-5 minutes content every version of the game,as it is certainly attract better attention to write it as ver 0.5 rather than ver 0.1.5

• Sad
Reactions: HansDampf788

Balladiasm

Aug 16, 2017
NTR optional?´-´
Some optional, some nope because it's related to make an impression that the town is in chaos,and everything corrupted as the dark side the town dealing is a cult, so I made it oppose christian value as theme,and to achieve this, I need to show the previous chaste women in town become opposed to their value, e.g slut, greedy, etc that related with sins thus making it inevitable to show the audience some scene where women the MC know doing it with other men (it is what slut do,right?) . Then this lead to giving the raison d'etre for MC to involve himself to the supernatural event happening below the surface of the town and either he will stop the corruption or spread the corruption even further.

granted at first I want it to make the game NTR focused, but as i write before,the more i write this story,the more it is deviate from just cuck sex/ power fantasy simulator it is projected at start to more drama-oriented, so i think i will do its in moderation,but still expect some inevitable NTR , it will save you from headache in later date

Trasher2018

Engaged Member
Aug 21, 2018
Thanks you for the suggestion and help, currently not yet found any native or proficient english proofreader myself, so i only rely on dictionary and sometimes internet translator, I appreciate any help

also yeah, people maybe think it is too short for ver 0.5 compared to others game,as i'm only doing 3-5 minutes content every version of the game,as it is certainly attract better attention to write it as ver 0.5 rather than ver 0.1.5
1. you dont say? ^^ ... I mean there are worse games out there - at least you can follow the plot to some degree.

2. maybe a 0.5 looks better, but I think it is some kind of false advertisement.

3. When I try to start a new game ...

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While processing text tag {/i} in u'I wonder how Jenna reacted yesterday when she attended her session. {/i}'.:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 73, in script
    mc "I wonder how Jenna reacted yesterday when she attended her session. {/i}"
Exception: u'/i' closes a text tag that isn't open.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 73, in script
    mc "I wonder how Jenna reacted yesterday when she attended her session. {/i}"
  File "...\TheWebWeWeave-0.5-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 678, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, interact=self.interact, *args, **kwargs)
  File "...\TheWebWeWeave-0.5-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1229, in say
    who(what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "...\TheWebWeWeave-0.5-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1031, in __call__
    self.do_display(who, what, cb_args=self.cb_args, **display_args)
  File "...\TheWebWeWeave-0.5-pc\renpy\character.py", line 823, in do_display
    **display_args)
  File "...\TheWebWeWeave-0.5-pc\renpy\character.py", line 572, in display_say
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='say', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "...\TheWebWeWeave-0.5-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 289, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "...\TheWebWeWeave-0.5-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2672, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "...\TheWebWeWeave-0.5-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3158, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "...\TheWebWeWeave-0.5-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2075, in draw_screen
    renpy.config.screen_height,
  File "render.pyx", line 487, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
  File "render.pyx", line 235, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "...\TheWebWeWeave-0.5-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
    surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
  File "render.pyx", line 147, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "...\TheWebWeWeave-0.5-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 669, in render
    child = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)
  File "...\TheWebWeWeave-0.5-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1124, in render
    st, at)
  File "...\TheWebWeWeave-0.5-pc\renpy\text\text.py", line 1899, in render
    virtual_layout = Layout(self, width, height, renders, drawable_res=False, size_only=True)
  File "...\TheWebWeWeave-0.5-pc\renpy\text\text.py", line 558, in __init__
    self.paragraphs = self.segment(text.tokens, style, renders, text)
  File "...\TheWebWeWeave-0.5-pc\renpy\text\text.py", line 907, in segment
    raise Exception("%r closes a text tag that isn't open." % text)
Exception: u'/i' closes a text tag that isn't open.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.1.3.1092
The Web We Weave 0.5
Fri Aug 09 00:05:07 2019
Edit: good. using the incest patch solved that issue ^^

My main problem with this game is, that you never feel in control. The few decisions there are only change minor things ... maybe this is intended, but I dont really like it. Why not really give us the chance to jump in the dark path and not consider to join her, but just do it? So like a white path (then maybe with more NTR and fem dom) and a dark path mit male dom and only allowed NTR?

Currently everything feels quite the same and nothing really feels distinct. you only get some a bit more explicit scenes. But maybe that is because there is not that much content or better said, not that fleshed out content. It happens a lot to be honest, but everything is rushed and quite confusing (part of the problem is the bad translation I guess).

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2019
Some optional, some nope because it's related to make an impression that the town is in chaos,and everything corrupted as the dark side the town dealing is a cult, so I made it oppose christian value as theme,and to achieve this, I need to show the previous chaste women in town become opposed to their value, e.g slut, greedy, etc that related with sins thus making it inevitable to show the audience some scene where women the MC know doing it with other men (it is what slut do,right?) . Then this lead to giving the raison d'etre for MC to involve himself to the supernatural event happening below the surface of the town and either he will stop the corruption or spread the corruption even further.

granted at first I want it to make the game NTR focused, but as i write before,the more i write this story,the more it is deviate from just cuck sex/ power fantasy simulator it is projected at start to more drama-oriented, so i think i will do its in moderation,but still expect some inevitable NTR , it will save you from headache in later date
Ty.Is it similar to "120 days of Sodom"?)

2.50 star(s) 10 Votes