Ren'Py - The Witch [v0.1-Intro] [allion_Ell]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Emperor1

This is promising

So far the story is great so are character designs, only a little rough around the edges.

Could use more frequent updates though.

There hasn't been many tg (3d) games in recent time would recommend checking this out.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

NoWay Jose

The renders are "okay," not too bad, not so great. The dev has a good eye for camera angles and pacing.

However...

Why do devs insist on using female models for male characters? It's not like we're not going to figure out what they're trying to do with a bit of hand-waving. And to top it all off, it's not even a unique model. It's the stock Genesis 9 model from Daz without any modifications. Daz gives you the option to make almost unlimited changes to a model's appearance. So, make morphs that actually look male. Instead of the hand-waving.

The dev needs to learn about depth of field and lighting techniques to avoid everything looking flat and lifeless.

One of the things I hate the most about some visual novels is when you're forced to click a hundred times on a single button to progress a story. And then, you're given "points" for the decisions that you didn't even get to make. It's just f*ching busy-work that is the opposite of interaction, and laziness on the dev's part, trying to give the appearance of "choice."

And the "story?" The dialogue is juvenile and unbelievable. The premise that is supposed to draw you into the story has the exact opposite effect. Make up your mind--is the MC an androgynous boy who has no problem putting on panties and a dress after a three-sentence conversation? Or is he a man's man who just happens to look like a girl with noticeable breasts? The sole "sex" scene is a single three-frame jerkoff animation, repeated over and over again.

And don't get me started on turning off the ability to rollback. For some crucial, individual decisions I could sort of understand it. But for the entire "game?"

I was surprised to discover that I'd played this title before, although it's listed as "new" here. (I had a save file from a previous session.) And it ended the same way--a crashing bug that doesn't allow you to continue. Jeez.