There goes the Neibourhood

Evil Dr Porkchop

Brought to you by expensive technology
Donor
May 16, 2019
MS Bought out BETH for some insane sum,So I don't give a shit about Starfield but I think ES will die ( no dirty Sexlab mod's ) thought';s ?

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
their games will still come to pc and honestly look at beth in recent years, they fucked up so many great series by milking their players to death... I'm kinda glad MS bought them cause ms owned studios usually don't do that shit.

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
Yeah, they've be bastardizing there own franchises for a while now. I'm not happy that MS is getting a monopoly, but on the other there's an actual chance at a NV sequel.

DS23G

Game Developer
Jul 24, 2019
their games will still come to pc and honestly look at beth in recent years, they fucked up so many great series by milking their players to death... I'm kinda glad MS bought them cause ms owned studios usually don't do that shit.
Pretty much this. What could Microsoft even implement that Bethesda hasn't already done? Turn the games into casual bait by making them less complex? They've been doing that since Oblivion. Try to squeeze every penny out of their customer base, even when they release a buggy mess? Been there, done that.

I'll always have somewhat of a soft spot for the company, because Morrowind (alongside Gothic) introduced me to open world RPGs and I spent countless of hours with Oblivion, but their output has been pretty lackluster since then. I mean, the best Fallout game since Bethesda got the license was made by Obsidian, that should tell you all.

fitgirlbestgirl

Jul 27, 2017
The leadership of Bethesda has run the company into the ground over the last few years, if this acquisition means someone else will be making the big decisions going forward and lighting a fire under their ass then maybe we might get some half-decent games out of them again.