Thinking about adding Ciri into my game but afraid of copyright issues.

Handyfff

Jul 19, 2021
Hi, I'm currently working on a 2dcg visual novel. No 3d movement, just still images. I have written the story and characters. Now I'm designing the models for characters and I'm facing a challenge. See, I have written a character that perfectly fits Ciri from Witcher, meaning she can travel between worlds, fight monsters etc..

I got this beautiful model from renderhub

But, It has IP restrictions. It does not allow commercial license meaning I can't use her to promote my game, or earn profit from it. At least that's what I think it means.

It's resemblance to original Ciri is uncanny. I'm facing the dilemma of, should I use it in my game? What if CDPR copystrikes this? What steps can I take to avoid the copyright meaning changing the color, shape of assets,
replacing the face or clothes.
Even then is a little resemblance enough to be problematic?

Or should I just man up and don't compromise.

Keep in mind that,
I will be posting this game only on Patreon. My country doesn't support other sites payment methods.
What is the history of Patreon in matters like this?

rk-47

Jun 27, 2020
Considering hundreds of r34 creators use blender or daz for various game characters Ciri included, i doubt youll get any copyright from cdpr

Reactions: Handyfff

Handyfff

Jul 19, 2021
Considering hundreds of r34 creators use blender or daz for various game characters Ciri included, i doubt youll get any copyright from cdpr
That is encouraging. Thanks for replying.

Also your profile pic lol. If my game doesn't get nuked, I promise you I'm gonna make Ciri and Yen (maybe Triss too) do that shit 100%

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
Whenever you use copyrighted content, you should always be prepared to receive 'love letter' from copyright monkeys one day. :whistle::coffee:

• Sad
Reactions: Handyfff