79flavors

Respected User
Jun 14, 2018
soo every update need fresh start?
Nope. Just this one.

The game's internal structure got quite a big overhaul between ch1 and ch2. Hence the warning that saves might not work.
It seems to have been one of those "I can fix it now and affect 1 chapter... or fix it later and affect lots".

You could always copy your old save files manually...
On windows, copy files from:
C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\Game-1545521833\
-to-
C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\Thirsty for my Guest\

Copying the contents of the old save folder (.\RenPy\Game-1545521833) to the new one... should work... most of the time.
But there are good reasons why some save files still won't work.
If one save file doesn't work... try another.

One aspect that will misbehave though is the sort of "fast forward through dialogue I've already seen". Practically EVERY line of code was changed, so RenPy will pretty much assume you haven't seen any of it before.

Honestly, some saves will work just fine...
But some won't. And it'll all feel a bit random.
As long as you're fine with that... just copy across your old save files and carry on... if you can.

But to remove all doubt... start over. :)
It's only 1 chapter.

Reactions: monkeyposter_7

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
One aspect that will misbehave though is the sort of "fast forward through dialogue I've already seen". Practically EVERY line of code was changed, so RenPy will pretty much assume you haven't seen any of it before.
That can be fixed easily by setting the Skip function to 'Unseen Text', in the Preferences menu. Then the game doesn't care whether you've 'seen' it or not.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
soo every update need fresh start?
Go ahead and restart this one. There are no new choices. So you can fast forward through the whole first episode in a couple of minutes. You just need to remember which choices you made before. [Or have written them down, like I always do. :geek:]

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I found this release to be very enjoyable, with several 'interesting' scenes.

I can't wait until Tammy shows up at the MC's pool.

As for Goldy, though... Let's put it this way, I won't turn down a chance to have fun with Goldy, but if I have a choice between scoring points with Audrey or with Goldy, Audrey gets my selection every time.

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
i am fully Team-Audrey...all my forum pals..keep the 18 year old tarts busy and away from me..i do not want them messing with my "adult male+adult female shindig!!! i didn't even peek at the Vulcan Princess(her eyebrows..she is DEFINITELY Vulcan)

3.50 star(s) 100 Votes