VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - Thrallworks: Orientation [v0.1] [TDL]

1. 5.00 star(s)

curiouslycruising

Playing v0.1

On the world building alone this game deserves 5-stars. But it's more than that; there's a compelling story and sense of of accomplishment that very VERY few sex games can provide.

This is a thinking mans/womans sex game. Your results will be determined by the attention to detail that you put into playing. You could play as a hammer and break the girl's mind so that she obeys. OR you can lead her along so that she wants to obey AND thinks it was her idea in the first place!

Which, as a fan of both mind-control and trainer games, I really enjoy.

The Good:
    • Unique and attractive art style
    • Fantastic amount of world building. (Simply look at the amount of detail that went into the Thrallpedia!)
    • Fresh and different take on mind-control
    • Lots of opportunity for expansion of characters and scenarios.
    The bad
    • The mechanics are challenging. Be sure to read the explanations and play the tutorial.
    Suggestions
    • At the beginning, when choosing the outfit and colours for your slave, have a proper preview, rather than a wire-frame example and a colour pallet. Since the options are available, I would like to be able to see them on the girl's body proper; before making a final choice.
    • Change the choice indicators in the beginning section. The current "light up when chosen" is not clear enough.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

means1066

Ok so this game has some amazing writing and a excellent understanding of what makes great mind-control. You aren't going in to her mind and ordering her "Obey me! Be horny!" like soo many more hypnosis games.
    You are constructing triggers for trust, desire and acceptance of odd experiences. I find that the path used being one of placing orders to shape the slave's perspective and mental habits is awesome and far more mentally stimulating than what is typically on offer in most training games.

I really appreciate the writing that makes for realistic characters who you can empathies with and in fact that empathy and reading of the character's emotions is a core game mechanic.

I chose the "Trust me we're in this together" path but there are others.

I shall end my review with a simple question which is hotter? To reshape a slave's mind as if you were using a hammer and chisel or like a drop of water falling one after another upon a block of limestone reshaping it to you own design in such a way that the slave is unaware and thinks it got to where it now is by its own free will?
  3. 4.00 star(s)

rhev

While this game strikes out at a very specific group of fetishes: trainer, mind break, latex body suits, gorean submission, etc. I found myself enraptured with what was presented.

The game seems amazingly fleshed out for a demo, that alone was pretty impressive. Furthermore the worldbuilding and lore in the game is fantastic. No long winded explanations, but more a 'drop you into this world' type of situation that makes it feel more alive and real.

It seems like a tough game and I lost in the two playthroughs I tried, but I'd consider a third if time allows, and think this will be one I'll check out at a later date for sure!

-Quick edit-
    On a third playthrough I got an A+ rating. :)