Thread ownership

Grimtown

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2020
I know that a dev can get ownership of their game's thread by opening a ticket, asking for it and having a probation period.

My question is: What exactly can or can't you do as a thread owner and what is expected of you?
I know that you can change the text of the OP, keep it up-to-date.
I think you can also add and remove tags, yes?

When you have an update for your game, is it your sole responsibility to also provide all the links to Nopy, Mega, etc.? Or - in case you don't have all those accounts for whatever reason - could you still give a mod a download link and they would upload it?

:unsure:

Reactions: Callowayaway

Grimtown

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2020
Why don't you just open up a Ticket and ask the staff?
I know they are quite busy, and I thought maybe someone else knows the answer to that too.
It's really not that important.
But I will, if I don't get an answer here. :)

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
The dev owning the thread can do basically anything (but is not expected to do anything) except breaking the rules, the most important being that this is a piracy site and that the thread really belongs to f95zone, not the dev. This means the dev is not allowed to remove things added by moderators just because the dev doesn't like it, like leaked updates.

Grimtown

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2020
The dev owning the thread can do basically anything (but is not expected to do anything) except breaking the rules, the most important being that this is a piracy site and that the thread really belongs to f95zone, not the dev. This means the dev is not allowed to remove things added by moderators just because the dev doesn't like it, like leaked updates.
Thanks. :)(y)

icesun

Be nice! Until it's time to not be nice...
Former Staff
Nov 2, 2018
Grimtown
My question is: What exactly can or can't you do as a thread owner and what is expected of you?
I know that you can change the text of the OP, keep it up-to-date.
I think you can also add and remove tags, yes?
In short (and I intentionally won't go into further detail):
1) Anything you can do with a non-game-thread as well - and nothing more
2) Exactly
3) Nope, that's team-restricted

When you have an update for your game, is it your sole responsibility to also provide all the links to Nopy, Mega, etc.? Or - in case you don't have all those accounts for whatever reason - could you still give a mod a download link and they would upload it?
While we appreciate when devs handle that themselves (less workload for us), it's not required, we help when help is needed.

Grimtown

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2020
Grimtown

2) Exactly

While we appreciate when devs handle that themselves (less workload for us), it's not required, we help when help is needed.
Perfect, thanks! :)(y)

Reactions: icesun

Grimtown

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2020
Grimtown

2) Exactly

Could a dev ask for ownership of their game thread to be transferred to another user who isn't a dev, but a beta tester for their game and also a bigger, more active part of the F95 community than they?

icesun

Be nice! Until it's time to not be nice...
Former Staff
Nov 2, 2018
Could a dev ask for ownership of their game thread to be transferred to another user who isn't a dev, but a beta tester for their game and also a bigger, more active part of the F95 community than they?
Trying wouldn't hurt, I guess...

Reactions: Grimtown