Ren'Py - Abandoned - Three Houses [v0.1.7] [JYP Games]

1. 3.00 star(s)

GH20

Made for v0.14
    I wanted to avoid reviewing "In Progress" Early Games, unless i was sure to follow them till they are finished.
    And you know what? This is one i might follow till the very end!

Gameplay so far is... "Eh".
    I mean, is another Ren´py VN, and a very linear so far, but the affection system and events are pretty creative... but could still had more things.
    Is still a very early build so being this basic is fair enough.

Graphics are nothing too special, but sligthly detalled in some aspects.
    You can´t really go wrong with Koikatsu models, and i like the effort you had for making the Interface for "Fire Emblem-y" as you said...

About Story and Characters, while i personally feel pity for myself in this scenario, is a pretty interesting story so far, and is not another "Harem Stu" MC, but a comic-relief one with (lots of) Defects and (virtually no) Virtues. (?)
    Still interesting if this will go into something bigger later on.
    The other Characters are fairly in character with their original counterparts... just a little sexually corrupted (and freaking Rhea) which as i always say, is usually necesarry for these kind of games.

Soundtrack is non existant, might wanna add some background music or sound effects eventually, but it isn´t necesarry yet.

Overall, if it was a Full Game already, it would be a 2.
    Remembering is an Early Demo, makes it a relative 3.
    But because i want to rise the score so more people support your project (while still being fair enough), i will give it a 4/5 for now.

Update for v0.1.6 and Abandon Anouncement.

Well... this is sad honestly, i really wanted this game to become something huge, but your reasons to stop it are perfectly fair.
    I kinda hope you could eventually made a silent update, but i can accept the end of this project.

Things hasn`t changed much anyway, liked the Gallery System, but other than that... it honestly doesn`t raise my 3 Scores.
    And considering this might be the last update forever, i will reduce the score to a 2/5, based on the advanced content until the abandon. (At least the public one)

Still wish you luck on your other projects. (y)

Third Re-Edit for v0.17 update

Ok, this is my final edit, i really liked this game and wished the best for it, so i clarify that my first "4/5" was kind of a prediction to how good i expected the game to be, and the later "2/5" is based on my "what if" scores, where i said i would gave a "2/5 if it was the full game" to the v0.1.4.

Just gonna add, i loved the Loading Card and Animated Title Screen from this last version.
    Also, technically now every character has a sex (or at least nude) h scene, which is great!

With that being said, i decided to ultimately leave it at 3/5, period!
  2. 4.00 star(s)

xXMagicPotatoXx

I think it's very good, but has a way to go. As it stands as off now (0.1.4), it's a bit lacking, but it is very new so no biggie! I personally dont like that it cuts off when you reach the end. All the H-scenes are good but feel a bit stutterd.

Always love medieval set VN!
  3. 3.00 star(s)

SparkCarrot

0.1.4 review

Ok, the first problem with the game persist. The firts part where you choose yout relationship with Seth-Flayn-Byleth-Seth don´t make any sense. roonmate, Landlord...roommate again. Flayn can be wharever you want her to be, Byleth is a teacher, Rhea Arkbishop. Good.

Now, this is a visual novel, don't have to have a gameplay, but having somekind of gameplay could be the best for this game, get money to buy presents, favors, finding objects, puzzles, stealing panties at night. ..etc.

Also, can undertand why Rhea is already corrupted, but could't undertand why the other girls like Hilda, Mariane, Byleth are corrupted already.

Now, scenarios did improve, would lie if a say i don´t want to see more. And the bar is set to high. good work.

Pros:
    Clean models. (boobs could be better)
    Scenarios got better.
    Best Girl Leonie has early events.

Cons:
    Dialogues don't make any sense with the lore.
    Rhea model could be more Thicc, is like the only milf in the game.
    Lack of a real progresion or corruption system.
  4. 3.00 star(s)

UselessSphinx

Based on the amount of content, I can't give more than three stars.

PROS
    Renders are clean
    Art work is good
    Story is so-so

CONS
    There's only 10 minutes of VN here.

Overall
    For the ten minutes of play here it's not bad. The story seems like it could go some where. I can't really say anything about character development because you only get introduced to three of them for about two minutes each. Good luck with future updates