ThreeJS - Your experiences

Oct 20, 2017
I am looking to make a HTML game/engine with an implementation of ThreeJS.
My reasons are that I want a high degree of character customisation reflected within the game, without having to resort to compiled binaries. That's something I see as unsafe.
I'm aware Unity can export games so they run in a browser, but 'aware' is all I know, I don't know anything specific, this might be an alternative approach. Though I already have a significant portion of an engine already written in HTML, and it's most preferential for me to continue down this route.
I've seen some HTML character customisations which look far too cartoonish for my taste.

I've done a little experimentation to try and export models out of Daz and onto a ThreeJS webpage, with mixed results.
I've managed to get an animation to play, by cleaning up an FBX file using Maya (ThreeJS doesn't like how Daz exports, but Maya can load and resave in a way that it does).
Though, this way are problems using grafts, that tend not to be part of the animation.

Due to the character customisation, I need animations that support morphs. I know there is a way to do this in Unity after watching some youtube videos explaining it.
It requires using a non-morphed animation on a morphable model. Which means I need to be able to split the animation from one FBX and use it in another.
Unity can do this, but is it possible for ThreeJS?

Is there any utility available that can separate the components of an FBX and reassemble them?
Do you know of a usable workflow from Daz to ThreeJS?
I am a complete beginner with 3D modelling, and would love to learn from your experiences.