VN Ren'Py Abandoned Tilden Hall [v0.2] [Sueet Monn]

DavidTurner

Oct 4, 2017
@SueetMonn definitely a good game. I love the pacing and the realism of the dialogue and character interactions, there isn't sex for the sake of sex. I think you're onto something. The main premise of taking down a test bank ring at first seemed over the top, but you figure it's a huge campus with 10,000+ students, I could see how that could become a big issue.

The only critiques I have so far, and I'm not sure it's mentioned yet, but with Derek's character, his hair is bald in one chunk on the back of his head; his right forearm pokes through the shirt in a small circle, and he looks older than a college student, I know it's probably hard to balance with him being bigger, and you've probably already noticed those. Otherwise I do like his character's personality

I also do realize this is an adult game, but there is the typical over-saturation of female characters; where they hold every job position, they are the teachers, you don't have a father, and, though I haven't met the dean yet, I'm assuming it is a female as well, and there are only female students aside from you and a friend.

Reactions: SueetMonn

fountain

Oct 29, 2017
That school logo looks great
I wouldn't have given the logo a second look without your comment but yeah. It is really quite good. It is a good enough college logo that I didn't think to question it.

Apparently that motto, "quaecumque sunt vera" is Northwestern University's. They translate it as "Whatsoever is True" which I think is a nice Uni motto.

SueetMonn

May 7, 2017
@SueetMonn definitely a good game. I love the pacing and the realism of the dialogue and character interactions, there isn't sex for the sake of sex. I think you're onto something. The main premise of taking down a test bank ring at first seemed over the top, but you figure it's a huge campus with 10,000+ students, I could see how that could become a big issue.

The only critiques I have so far, and I'm not sure it's mentioned yet, but with Derek's character, his hair is bald in one chunk on the back of his head; his right forearm pokes through the shirt in a small circle, and he looks older than a college student, I know it's probably hard to balance with him being bigger, and you've probably already noticed those. Otherwise I do like his character's personality

I also do realize this is an adult game, but there is the typical over-saturation of female characters; where they hold every job position, they are the teachers, you don't have a father, and, though I haven't met the dean yet, I'm assuming it is a female as well, and there are only female students aside from you and a friend.
Thanks so much for the feedback!

With regard to the main plot itself, I did want to do something a bit different from the tried and true "here are some girls - try and have sex with them" storyline. I guess what I'm trying to say is that it's important to me that sex is something that happens along the way in the story (and is obviously still an important part of the game), but isn't the entire focus of the story.

Thanks for mentioning Derek! He kind of started as an after-thought for me, but has quickly turned into one of my favorite characters :LOL: I've actually already noted (and fixed) much of the problems with Derek's character model in the next update. The original intent was for him to look a bit goofy, but I totally see how the premature balding might be a bit overkill haha. As you can see though, the clipping issue is 100% fixed in the next update:

derekMorning3.png

Reactions: DavidTurner

Naegus

Nov 30, 2017
This was actually a really good start. I did not feel like I was plodding through clicks to get it over with at any point. The story was entertaining and structured well enough that I felt good about where it stopped but look forward to the next part.

The auto text did catch me off guard but it wasn't game breaking.

I hate to sound so surprised but there have been so many abrupt starts in other games with good potential that I was already bracing for it to drop off without anything getting started. This very much felt like a good first episode.

I will definitely at least follow on patreon and be keep an eye out for more...as long as we don't cut back to the MC's mom in a room full of BBC and glazed like a Krispy Kreme donut...the MC talking about leaving his mom alone just automatically threw this image in my head like a bad omen.
Keep up the awesome!

HorizonD

Apr 25, 2018
I found the "Goodbye" -scene with Mom is a bit abrupt. I would have expected a hug at least.
I mean, she is your Mom and you are on good terms with each other or would that be too embarrassing for the MC?
Also, I like that the MC is not drooling after each pussy he sees. Normal reactions and thoughts and not creepy, nice!
What was else....? Ah, I like big boobs. :D

SueetMonn

May 7, 2017
This was actually a really good start. I did not feel like I was plodding through clicks to get it over with at any point. The story was entertaining and structured well enough that I felt good about where it stopped but look forward to the next part.

The auto text did catch me off guard but it wasn't game breaking.

I hate to sound so surprised but there have been so many abrupt starts in other games with good potential that I was already bracing for it to drop off without anything getting started. This very much felt like a good first episode.

I will definitely at least follow on patreon and be keep an eye out for more...as long as we don't cut back to the MC's mom in a room full of BBC and glazed like a Krispy Kreme donut...the MC talking about leaving his mom alone just automatically threw this image in my head like a bad omen.
Keep up the awesome!
HAHAH :ROFLMAO: Didn't even think of that. Absolutely not planning on doing anything sinister with MC's mom now that she's alone.

I appreciate the kind words as well - glad you like it so far :)

SueetMonn

May 7, 2017
I found the "Goodbye" -scene with Mom is a bit abrupt. I would have expected a hug at least.
I mean, she is your Mom and you are on good terms with each other or would that be too embarrassing for the MC?
Also, I like that the MC is not drooling after each pussy he sees. Normal reactions and thoughts and not creepy, nice!
What was else....? Ah, I like big boobs. :D
True enough - I can definitely see how that goodbye might seem a bit unnatural looking back on it. I'll keep that in mind for the next update; should be easy enough to add in.

Horst_Kevin

Apr 30, 2018
Not bad for an 0.1
I See Potential here.

Good:

- Different looking Girls
- New Environment (partially / at least for me)
- Many different Locations (with many different Possibilities?)

Bad:

- Unused Naked Images in Game Folder ;)

Neutral:

- Derek - He looks like he has Cancer!?
- Smartphone-Icon when you enter the Libary / StudyRoom?

I just hope that this Game will not have Grind!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

phreadom

Sep 2, 2017
That's also a good point regarding breast size and body proportions. I might have made a rookie mistake here by applying my own preferences to the characters as opposed to seeing what others might like, but I'm 100% open to hear what others would prefer to see moving forward.
The breast sizes so far are perfect from what I've seen. PLEASE don't make yet another game with ridiculous cartoon boobs. It's so nice to see more realistic looking attractive women in a game for a change. There are countless games with giant boobed bimbos. It's rare to see normal fit women.

Dripping

Feb 16, 2019
Grammar and spelling look very good. The developer being active here is also a good sign in my opinion.
I just wish Patreon allowed me to add priority rankings to all the developers I follow, this one looks like one I'm seriously considering pledging for. (too many developers sadly abandon their projects, suddenly disappear, etcetera. Not to mention the typical "godmode" crap I mostly see in the projects that already suffer from bad spelling)

SueetMonn

May 7, 2017
Not bad for an 0.1
I See Potential here.

Good:

- Different looking Girls
- New Environment (partially / at least for me)
- Many different Locations (with many different Possibilities?)

Bad:

- Unused Naked Images in Game Folder ;)

Neutral:

- Derek - He looks like he has Cancer!?
- Smartphone-Icon when you enter the Libary / StudyRoom?

I just hope that this Game will not have Grind!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thanks - I appreciate the feedback! You definitely have an eye for detail haha! I actually did notice that disappearing/reappearing decoration soon after I released the first build. I'm planning on fixing that in the next update, mostly because I'm not happy with how those renders came out in general looking back on it.

With regard to the smartphone icon in the back library room, that's actually a leftover asset from a much earlier version of the game. Because my initial inspiration came from a lot of other series, I found myself copying many mechanics that I'd seen in other games that I admire. This included a huge stats system, an inventory system, relationship management, time management, etc. I like how you mention grind, because that's how it started to feel to me. It started to feely really "grindy", which I thought would ultimately hurt the story. I don't want to make the player jump through hoops just to access the story - in my personal opinion that's just not fun. A lot of games pull off the resource management system really well, but that's not really a direction I wanted to take this in. You'll notice some changes in 0.2 that will reflect this.

SueetMonn

May 7, 2017
Grammar and spelling look very good. The developer being active here is also a good sign in my opinion.
I just wish Patreon allowed me to add priority rankings to all the developers I follow, this one looks like one I'm seriously considering pledging for. (too many developers sadly abandon their projects, suddenly disappear, etcetera. Not to mention the typical "godmode" crap I mostly see in the projects that already suffer from bad spelling)
I appreciate it (y) I don't think I'm familiar with the "god mode" thing you're referring to though. I've probably encountered it before, but what is it exactly? Don't want to make the same mistake others have made.

Le Pew

Game Developer
Dec 22, 2018
I appreciate it (y) I don't think I'm familiar with the "god mode" thing you're referring to though. I've probably encountered it before, but what is it exactly? Don't want to make the same mistake others have made.
I believe that "god mode" refers to the "gotta catch 'em all" style of being able to have all the girls after some time without any consequence and ignore some while you concentrate on the other without having them feel betrayed. There are some otherwise enjoyable games where it is just that: get them all and even if you don't go after them for 100 iterations they are still patiently waiting for you.

SueetMonn

May 7, 2017
I believe that "god mode" refers to the "gotta catch 'em all" style of being able to have all the girls after some time without any consequence and ignore some while you concentrate on the other without having them feel betrayed. There are some otherwise enjoyable games where it is just that: get them all and even if you don't go after them for 100 iterations they are still patiently waiting for you.
Ah, I see - definitely familiar with that mechanic. Due to the way the story will play out in this game, that won't be possible. There will be certain characters that you won't be able to romance in the same play through.

Dripping

Feb 16, 2019
Well, there's also this bit about god mode where the main character for example, meets some girls who upon meeting for the first time instantly offer sex (not the least effort from the player required) AND are supposedly instantly faithful. It's sometimes just a bit too "over the top" so to speak. If it's supposed to be a game, it has to involve some effort from the player. If it doesn't, then it's not a game, but a novel, and a bad one at that.
Effort can involve all kinds of things: grinding, fetch quests, making decisions, winning mini games. Just some thing(s) to make it somewhat believable that the object of desire is attracted to the main character AND pursuaded to follow up on that.

Snomiser

Apr 7, 2018
I really like the looks so far, I was a little thrown off by the images in the folders that didn't show in play. I thought I missed something and went through again, lol. Again I liked the story, the models looked good. I see no reason to change them and while I tend to trend the incest stories ( the Mom is hot ) ive been happily surprised by How much I enjoyed the story and characters from " Acting Lessons ".
So even if there no Mom just keep an interesting story. Ok I'm not really fooling any one I'd still like some Mom time.
Well good luck with your game.