RPGM - Completed - Tilvaryu Recollections [Golden Cat]

1. 3.00 star(s)

myjammies

On the face of it, Tilvaryu Recollections is a great corruption game. There isn't a lot of pointless ambling around, the combat isn't too onerous and the corruption mechanics are well-implemented. But there are some major drawbacks - namely the utter lack of CG variety, not knowing which NPCs to actually talk to and a poor tie-in between the gameplay and the H-Content.

I don't think anybody plays H-Games for the storyline. If someone does, I'd really like to know what goes on in their heads. Personally, all I demand from an H-Game plot is to give me some believable context for the sluttification of the MC and Tilvaryu manages just fine on that front. The MC's kid gets some horrible illness and she has to challenge some magic dungeon that grants wishes. Fair dos. My only complaint in this department is that there could be a lot more done with the setup. You could need some rare medicine which costs a lot of dough and the only way you can get it is through slutting yourself out. People take advantage of your desperation in one way or another. The game does try it with the shopkeep storyline but you never feel that you need to do it.

The gameplay is classic RPGM and I'm glad I had to think a bit more rather than just spam Z to win. The game also has a passive unlock system where exploration is rewarded by granting you medals which you can exchange for passives. I would love it if the game tempted you into exploration to find the medals and had some kinky scenes hidden behind the exploration mechanic but no such scenes existed. I also didn't enjoy the fact that there are a lot of NPCs in the game but the H-Content is limited to about 5 or 6 and some of them are hidden away behind either sidequests or in corners of the map you have no reason to visit and are difficult to get to. I quickly understood the value of having a gameplay element that points out more relevant NPCs so you don't waste your time aimlessly walking around. The dungeons are also not overly large and you only need to beat three bosses to get it done which is far shorter than most games these days.

The most important bit of any H-Game is the H-Content and while the character art and the scenes themselves are drawn nicely, there's a crippling lack of variety. All of the early scenes are the protagonist in a bed in a very similar position and without much dynamism to the scenes. There isn't any sort of movement to them. The fact that only a few NPCs actually take part in the H-Scenes is also disappointing. And there's not a lot of them. Maybe 10 or 12 with some minor variations. There are a number of endings but really, the content isn't enough. Especially since the RPG gameplay isn't overly long. Plus, there's no actual tie-in to the gameplay. H-Scenes happen when you go out searching for NPCs rather than the game making you become a slut because combat is difficult and sexing your way to the end of the dungeon is preferable. Or weapons are available but expensive. Or things have weaknesses that can be exploited if you just create a situation where ecchi is the way you can figure out those weaknesses. Plenty of ways to create a good corruption tale and not many of them implemented.

All in all, a very promising game but somewhat lacking at the end. Nonetheless, I enjoyed it and find Golden Cat as a circle to be an exciting one and would love to try out some other games of theirs. Worth a gander if you're bored and into the sort of kinks described in the tags.
  2. 3.00 star(s)

Adase

Pretty sexy MC, nice combat and good overall mechanic. I also really like how the movement control is actually tight, weird for RPGM games.

The overall story and corruption path is decent, if only there were more variant of the CG. Also personally, I like the design of the MC but the CG themselves are not very good.