Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Time For Dragons - Defiler Wings: Deranged Dragon Mod [29-07-2020] [Jman]

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
0_Title.jpg
Overview:
Personal tweaks to Time for Dragons​

Updated: 15-11-2021
Game/Creator: Time for Dragons
Modder: Jman9
Mod Version: 5-11-2020
Game Version: 1.1.1
Language: Runglish

Discontinued: 7-11-2021.

The F95 user base and moderation policies make continuing to publish the mod here no longer worth my while.

Further discussions: Jman9 asks that you take all mod-related talk, requesting help, hints, strategising, etc to the

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Features:

Installation:

Changelog:

Download: discontinued.
Please do not repost the mod here.

Dead_Dragon.jpg

Last edited:

Evil Earthworm Jim

Dec 21, 2019
As for the fairy image pack I'm happy to give it a go, that is I'm going to try my hand at editing some images as per Evangelions suggestion. It wont be triple A quality perhaps but then again what triple A game these days can be called top quality haha. Just a quick look just now, there's tons of fairy wing resources just on google image alone, I guess putting fairy wings on things is common, who would have guessed. :sneaky: I've something that needs to be done today but afterwords I'll see about sourcing materials.

Last edited:

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
As suggested before, you might also want to check out the Venus Blood game CG collections on e-/exhentai. I spotted several girls with 'temporary' wings in there.

Reactions: Evil Earthworm Jim

Nanana Dickman

Sep 19, 2018
Hey I found a bug when I grew to medium size I started getting exceptions when I started fights saying <Image'u'content/skills/fireball/fireball.png'>:

and ignoring the issue just made me instant win gaining all rewards

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
The easiest solution is to just put some .png files into 'game/content/skills/', with the same names as the .webp files. If you have 1.1.1, just use the files from there.

This also applies any time you run into a "can't find XXX.png" or "can't find ZZZ.jpg" problem. Do report the crashes, because I'm trying to eliminate any mismatches still present and make an update when I have enough new stuff actually finished.

I'm mostly done with a minion overhaul - you can now get all sorts of progeny instead of just lizardmen, from poisonous snakes and cockatrices to wyverns and demon-dragon hybrids, similar to how it was in DW proper - which comes with its own graphics upgrades, so I'm holding off on updating right now.

Evil Earthworm Jim

Dec 21, 2019
Managed to find an image pack that might give us some of what we need. There are about fifty girls in it of varying race an monster type, I've only posted the images that we are looking for but there are also sex scenes of varying degree. Due to the quality of the images and the variety, it should be easy to edit them in anyway we see fit. I'm not suggesting we take them all from this pack because we couldn't but just wanted to let you know I'm taking it seriously :) There are over 780 images. Just grabing a few more packs too, but I wont know until this evening how helpful they will be.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hermies

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Are there any pictures in that CG pack that might qualify as 'dragon sex', at least tentacles or some sort of scaly critters? Because that's the primary bottleneck here. Generic faeries are a lot easier to find.

And I don't really want to discourage you, but... That example girl is kinda 'soft', i.e. not sufficiently martial-looking to kick Architot's ass. :cautious:

Evil Earthworm Jim

Dec 21, 2019
That's fine :) not discouraged. Yeah, there are plenty of girls in that pack (fifty-sixty plus and better ones IMO :D) it's just an example of what's in there quality wise. However all of the scenes are humans though regardless of what's being screwed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hermies

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Ravager looks like a fine source of generic pictures, although I'm not feeling entirely comfortable about stepping on their toes art-wise: they're the closest thing to Defiler Wings/Time for Dragons there is, and actually commissioning these images with Patreon money.

I also prettied up the OP a little, so people can look at some of the UI/gameplay improvements before they decide to download.

Evil Earthworm Jim

Dec 21, 2019
Ah fair enough then :) although I would like to state that, I asked if you'd be okay with borrowing other games assets and you said you where amenable to it. So although I understand your point of view I was curious where the line was :) as of course, any game assets of any kind are commissions. So I'll ask again just to keep me straight, what are the rules for looking for assets :) What did you think of the four girls I put up there. You mentioned that you thought they didn't look badass enough so I tried to find some worrier looking ones. Also the dragon ones down at the bottom of the list with the smaller looking dragon are not from ravager so they should be fine for you :) Ill look at the OP too :) I've removed the offending content from my post above (ravager images). Looking sharp my friend :)

Last edited:

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
I'm entirely okay with using other games' images. If it was just for my personal use, or Ravager was abandoned, or it wasn't the closest thing to DW ever, I wouldn't have even blinked. What it comes down to is not leeching resources that can be put to good use. No commercial game/artist I know of is going to suffer or be left unmade/starving because of my mod.

Eh, I guess I'll take a look myself sometime, and if I really like them, I can just ask Ravager devs what their stance on this is.

So the current 'rules' are: no Ravager pictures. Unless another game I don't know of fits into the same niche (dragon simulator, or at least a dragon protagonist in a moderately interactive VN), everything else is fair game.

The four girls would be fine if it wasn't for their lack of wings. I only had problems with the 'peace fairy'. :p

The girl with the red dragon is very nice. Where's she from?

Sooku

Jul 6, 2017
I love the mod but it needs bugfixes badly, I've gotten errors with the battles pass a certain size, after fighting demons when they invade, with the darkshire knowledge when trying to unlock new lairs, and an error preventing me with even starting the game.

Evil Earthworm Jim

Dec 21, 2019
Ah, okay then. I can respect your point of view. Don't worry about there lack of wings, remember I'm going to try to edit the images as the need arises, try being the operative word. It's as you've said, the content we are looking for seems niche or is protected so the likely hood is we will have to edit in what we need :D I was just curious if that was closer to what you had in mind. And she is from... Roundscape? They have thousands of images although after I had a look through them these where the only ones I thought to be appropriate for our needs. I used to petron for Roundscape. Now I only petreon at the end of a games development and pay for it what I think it's worth. It's what I intend to do for ravager because I like what I see now but always wary about whats to come. Been screwed over too often to keep making the same mistake and I'm not made of money haha.

Last edited:

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Sooku: I can't fix bugs if I don't know what they are. I guess battles is the issue with webp vs png, but the rest I'd need some specific information to act on. Preferably tracebacks or savegames as well, if they're elusive.

Evil Earthworm Jim: Yeah, I figured out she was from Roundscape Adorevia. She doesn't have all that much for profile pictures, though. :(

Evil Earthworm Jim

Dec 21, 2019
Well as you mentioned on TFD thread, although it would be nice, consistency might be a little difficult and we shouldn't lose too much sleep over it although I'm certainly going to try and again (to strive for consistency) :) anything we need, we could edit from something else. Find a picture we like and turn it into what we need :) don't loose heart my friend. You made the point yourself that olhuntsmans games use inconsistent images as does TFD and there games are still amazing as does a lot of games of this type, if we can get it close enough it should be fine, I mean all she is, is a women with long black wispy hair and green eyes with a fine figure I'm sure we could muddle through with something out there :sneaky: Don't worry, I'm trying to get what you need :) I'm a compulsive people pleaser haha.

Last edited:
3.50 star(s) 8 Votes