VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - Timeless Vendetta [v0.4.0] [ABUBA]

1. 5.00 star(s)

PantsuHelm

[End of Chapter 2 review]

I quite enjoy this game. I may even say I love it. Character models are great, H-scenes are great. There are a lot of renders, high quality ones too. Something like that can easily be missed as you click through the game but I think the dev is a madman for having so many. The main story is decent, but character storylines are pretty nice. Most importantly, the game is fun. There is a sort of light heartedness that makes it rather humorous (when it's not trying to be serious), and I find the pacing great. This is also one of the few games where the MC doesn't look generic or straight up ugly, he looks like a normal, better-than-average lookin dude. He isn't too smart, he isn't too dumb, and he's good at talking out of his ass. Plot points are slowly fed to you as to not flood and bore you, something sadly lacking in a lot of these games.

The only problem I have with the game is there's only two real routes you can follow, full mind control or no mind control. I didn't find this a problem, or even know about it at first because I liked the characters a whole lot and didn't want to mess with their minds. Until Tessa. I do not like Tessa. Her reasoning for acting the way she does is terrible, doesn't justify anything, and I do not sympathize with her one bit. I wanted to mind control her and move on, except I can't. I went with the non-mind control route. When I tried to mind control her I got an arbitrary game over, and that marked the only time the game straight up annoyed me. So now I have to read about her begging for sympathy as I'm railroaded in to accepting her. Quite frustrating, but only a minor blemish so far, really.

I love this game. If I could go back in time I would tell myself to not play this game until another year or 3 since, while the current content in the game isn't lacking, I want more.

Addendum: Game was abandoned a day after this review. Lmao.
  2. 1.00 star(s)

MikesDK

Story 1/5
    Yet another mindless fuckfest game with forced fetishes, if your not into big or should say idioticly huge tits then you shouldent play this at all, it takes just a minute or two before its forced on you.
    Funny enough it talks about making a choice on first page but well you got none, atleast none that means anything.

And lets talk choices, you can might have 2 or 3 choices that all ends up with the same two choices "sex scene" or "small sex scene" and thats after picking minus points to start with....so why it even has some kind of weird relationship system when it means and does absolutly fuck all? well except forcing you to fuck all no matter if you have minus points or not.....idiotic.

Girls 2/5
    They look to much like the same girl with diffrent hair and such, as for diversity in builds theres not much mostly focused on big/huge tit fetish, there is one or two with smaller builds so not much.

Animations 3/5
    They are ok, nothing really special but good enough to watch.

Music 2/5
    Boring standard background stuff nothing special, none with lyrics.

Chooices 0/5
    Pointless relationship system where you fuck people you only have minus point with, forced sex scenes, forced LIs, forced fetishes.

People giving this high rating must be into everything so they might not notice all the forced stuff since they proberly play all games as fuck em all and ignore story altogether.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

JokEman12341

The game is still quite new, but I was actually blown away since this one checked all my boxes. Great character models and personalities, good scenes and an albeit cliché but entertaining story and a decent amount of choices. With that being said, one of the things I liked the most was the whole hypnosis power. Compared to a few other games that I won’t name, you can actually use it in most cases and don’t have any dumb reasons like extreme drawbacks or forced morality choices that make the player unable to use it (at least for now). Anyways props to the dev, I’m sure this game will continue growing and getting better with time. Keep up the amazing work.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

xbonboon

Extremely well writed. I really enjoyed all my time on the game, all characters seems vibrant in their own.
    One of the best I've played for now, I found it really funny, and really enjoy the story so far
  5. 5.00 star(s)

cumsumnida

Story revolves around a goddess helping the MC with getting revenge by having him go back in time and giving him powers of hypnosis.

The appeal of the game is making decisions with abusing the mind control powers or not to. The cast of ladies are nice and varied.

Renders are nice and the sex animations are solid.

What I really liked were the sound and music. The menu music is such a bop!
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Litvenko

0.3.0v: nice game. The model quality is much more than just dêcent. The story doesn't have much right now, but enough to get me hooked. The Character's story and personality design is great too. Overall, nice game, can be better later on. 5* for encouragement
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Zees00

Underrated new project. Really fun writing and an overall great style in terms of all elements of the VN. A few typos here and there but I really appreciate the effort put into the writing. This might be very subjective but with certain music choices some scenes could feel more powerful, nonetheless overall the music and sound effects are great!
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Revolving Mania

This one checked all my boxes, honestly. Good renders, engaging story and a decent amount of choices. Can't believe this guy is only making 30 bucks a month on Patreon, I was gutted.

Anyway, I think it's pretty much doing everything just right, but if there's anything that could make it better is to avoid the cliché plot twist in revenge stories, which is the typical "they were all good people so no revenge needed."

Unfortunately, that appears to be the case with some of the revenge targets. The game started off great by giving us lots of revenge targets, but little by little, they seemed to be dropping off the list of targets. Hopefully, this is just an attempt from the dev to make us feel something by exerting revenge. If that's the case, then I wouldn't care, just allow me the choice, I'll fuck everyone up anyway, lol.

Rarely do I ever sub to Patreon, but I can't resist a good quality game. Cheers.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

GoblinLover01

Timeless Vendetta is a not so cliche revenge story where the choices you make don't really matter most of the time probably due to time constraints, , but the "wrong" choice (missing sex scenes imo) is still there . These choices you make are supposed to cause the player to question their morality and they're essentially "will you use your power or not?" , and they do... once.

However, the game has Rei so its a 15/10. The scenes are standard Honey Select with some voice sfx and ALL of them so far have a maledom aspect which is always a pleasure (spanking, ahegao, fucked silly etc)

Oh yeah, the characters are good
  10. 5.00 star(s)

ImaginaryMe

This is for v 3.0.

I do enjoy a good revenge story. Sure it's cliche, but the writing is good, the characters are attractive and I feel like it could turn into a pretty good game.

I'm pretty sure the dev's first language is English because there weren't any types or grammatical errors that would be a distraction.
  11. 4.00 star(s)

thswherizat

I'll preface that the game is still in it's infant stages and I'm giving it an entire star based on the fact that the developer is active on F95 and taking feedback from people about their likes and issues with the game. I have generally found that to be a good sign for development.

Anyway, this is a somewhat classic revenge storyline, MC gets to go back in time with his new powers to get back at they who ruined his life. It gets straight into the meat of the story without a lot of fluffing around, and I was impressed to see the developer is actually using a few different bodytypes for the different women you encounter.

The writing was good enough that I stopped my usual skim of the game to see what was actually happening, which is always a good sign. The reason for the review at current is that the game is limited of content, as it is only a few patches in, and the plot seems to move quite quickly. Though I see there's discussion of that in the comments here. I think if the developer allows himself a bit more time for the story to develop we'll be on a good path with the game. Keep it up!