Seagal

Oct 10, 2017
Wonder how the testing is going... I'd be thrilled if we see this released at some point over the weekend, but maybe that's wishful thinking on my part. I mean, I dunno about anyone else, but I know I'm pretty hyped for this revamp update, and doing a fresh play-through with one of the best games on this site!

SoiCowboy

Modder
Jun 13, 2018
Wonder how the testing is going... I'd be thrilled if we see this released at some point over the weekend, but maybe that's wishful thinking on my part. I mean, I dunno about anyone else, but I know I'm pretty hyped for this revamp update, and doing a fresh play-through with one of the best games on this site!
Likewise. I just did a playthrough yesterday in anticipation for this update/rebuild to see if I can notice the difference between the old and new dialogue. (Yes, I did read Playboy magazine back in the day)

Reactions: Motkeyz

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
If Ive already played up to v0.5.3 is the next update big enough to start from the start?
Well its the final update for the chapter, so yes. Read up on earlier posts, a lot is changing.

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
I saw the post on the engine updates, just wasnt completely sure if animations and stuff from earlier updates are changing as well.
most are not, some are, and a bunch of new ones. Takes an insane amount of time to make animations

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
"When it's done" is always better as you're not constraining yourself to a release date which would naturally lead to a slew of bugs even possibly missing content. It's going to be magnificent.
It's really hard to set a specific date when you are a small team where its basically one person on one role and there is a lot of unexpected stuff that can happen during final testing. Better this way than making empty promises. We rather just use the status on patreon. One big issue can end up taking hours to fix, and yesterday I was also working 7 hours at the office regular job, to go home earlier and work from 5PM to 9AM straight on Timestamps, sleep for two-three hours and then up at ~11 AM again to continue. We're crunching it, we want it released just as much as you guys want to play it.

We are confident it's gonna be awesome but there is still some issues to resolve.

/A

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
"When it's done" is always better as you're not constraining yourself to a release date which would naturally lead to a slew of bugs even possibly missing content. It's going to be magnificent.
That's only true if you can resist feature creep, and realize that .

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
work from 5PM to 9AM straight
16 hours straight? o_O
Ouch. You have my sympathies. Those two/three hours you get to sleep are probably destroying you.
Wait. The day doesn't have 25/26 hours in it. (It's heading that way, though.)
7 hours in the office + 16 hours on Timestamps + 2/3 hours sleep = 25/26 hour days.
I know that in some cultures (and way back when) this was not an uncommon practice but three hours sleep is not good for you. Nobody would complain if it'd take a bit longer just so you can catch up on something your body needs. You'll develop the curse of the developer: personal health issues. Please look after yourself.

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
16 hours straight? o_O
Ouch. You have my sympathies. Those two/three hours you get to sleep are probably destroying you.
Wait. The day doesn't have 25/26 hours in it. (It's heading that way, though.)
7 hours in the office + 16 hours on Timestamps + 2/3 hours sleep = 25/26 hour days.
I know that in some cultures (and way back when) this was not an uncommon practice but three hours sleep is not good for you. Nobody would complain if it'd take a bit longer just so you can catch up on something your body needs. You'll develop the curse of the developer: personal health issues. Please look after yourself.
Well it's always intense especially during the final testing period cause things appear that you least expect. This release in particular is extremly sensitive to things breaking during testing since almost everything is changed under the hood, and in the scenes too. I dont work like 26 hours day all the time, but for sure trying to finish things up gets you crunching hard.

gr33nappleboy

Jul 18, 2019
Don't kill yourself with fatigue. Lol. We need them updates but I'm sure they'll be better if the team behind them is well rested :3

Reactions: Aesouh
4.10 star(s) 232 Votes