Tips and Help on making a VN with Koikatsu and Renpy?

Dorraken

Jan 4, 2022
I'm currently learning how to use Renpy to make a visual novel, I did make a post last night to find out what program the creators of Lewd Town Adventures and Corrupted Kingdoms use to make their characters and scenes, thanks to the two users who commented I found out it was Koikatsu and I've already gotten in and am working on learning how to use it properly and have made a few characters. I would just like to know some general tips and advice on making a visual novel combining these two programs and how to use the both of them to their fullest extent. Like how to import scenes from Koikatsu into Renpy and integrate them and such. And other programs to help make things such as maps and backgrounds although I'm sure I can find those with a little effort. Any helps or links to articles and the such that can help me get on the right track would be greatly appreciated.

Beatrix Kiddo

Donor
Aug 25, 2016
Koikatsu and most other Illusion games come with Studio Neo, an executable that isn't the game used to create your own sets and scenes. You get your renders out of there as image or video format, and use those for your Ren'py project.

You'll probably want to get an invitation to Illusion's discord to look more into that.

• Red Heart
Reactions: AnotherAnon9999

Dorraken

Jan 4, 2022
Koikatsu and most other Illusion games come with Studio Neo, an executable that isn't the game used to create your own sets and scenes. You get your renders out of there as image or video format, and use those for your Ren'py project.

You'll probably want to get an invitation to Illusion's discord to look more into that.
I got it form the Koikatsu Sunshine repack on this site and I can't find it, I also can't seem to find it on the internet. I'll keep looking but when I search for it specifically online I keep finding Honey Select, is there a way to download it without downloading Honey Select? Appreciate the response.

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
Use CharaStudio.exe (should be inside Koikatsu)

There you can create, export, import and save scenes.

So you basically have to learn how to make scenes first, after that you just use ScreenshotManager and/or VideoExport plugins to turn your scenes into screenshots and videos that can be directly used by renpy.

Feb 16, 2022
There is a "Better Repack" for Koikatsu and Koikatsu Sunshine. There was a similar post to yours as a person wanted to use Koikatsu to start making their own games. check out that thread.

https://f95zone.to/threads/questions-about-starting-a-carrer-on-game-development.113723/

If you want to learn about other peoples code and what makes their renpy game work you are free to use "Demon Pie" and other project "Game Development with Kevin and Ben".

I just hope that people who get into game development don't be a POS like most game dev's. The industry has enough of a bad rep.

Last edited: