Tips for a would-be lewd VR game solo dev?

theobscuredbanana

Nov 7, 2022
Hi guys. I'm thinking of developing a lewd VR based game using unreal engine.
It's about a Ghost (the Player) who can possess, uncloth, and 'physically interact' with girls on beach.
With a mix of paid assets and self-made ones.
I plan on releasing it for free along with having an itch.io/patreon page.

My main concern is since it's VR, there are some lines that will be crossed.
I don't want to hold back on some of the interactions the player might be expecting.
I played a lot of H-games in the past (mostly Illusion) and some crossed this line.

I won't be adding any illegal stuff though.

Other than that, if anyone has any tips, thoughts, suggestions or input that would pretty much be appreciated.

Reactions: Piedyl

6-6

Nov 7, 2022
VR might limit your audience a bit.

What genres would be focused on in your game?

theobscuredbanana

Nov 7, 2022
Yeah its true that VR will limit the audience, but some interactions can only be done on that platform.
That being said, I'm willing to put the game into a niche category.

The game will be mostly a sandbox experience, where the player will have some skills to play with.
I'm not targetting a story-mode or dating-sim, but if it might fit then I might play with the idea.

Piedyl

Sep 16, 2017
Although it's a sandbox, adding small forms of progression could be pretty fun. Imagine a changing room on the beach that you can't usually enter as a ghost but can enter while possessing a girl. After you've entered once as a girl, you can return as a ghost.

If you don't mind dabbling with small animations, making girls do a small shock animation as well as looking around in confusion does a lot in any possession work.^^