Tired of 3D

PMR

Mar 9, 2018
I'm so damn sick of 3D stuff with big titted bimbos with lips so stuffed they look like they're ready to pop, and it seems this is most if not all h-games these days.
Why is that? am i the only one?

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
Aside from the psychological fact that you are more likely to recall things you hate, there's the fact that 3D is simply faster and more accessible. I don't necessarily think it's quite as bad as you're making it out to be, but there are certainly many 3D games that do fit the picture you've painted.

u z i

lurker
Uploader
Donor
Nov 9, 2018
try 2D then, but tbh i think you are playing the wrong games. there are a lot of 3dcg VNs with females having realistic propoportions.

PMR

Mar 9, 2018
probably because most renderers are crap ;)
people dont know how to do realistic looking images
too much cartoon looking shit if you ask me.

and most of the fuckers here that create games uses old verisions of the models.
some dont have the patience to wait more than 10 minutes for a rendere before they cancel it LOL
Result: grainy piece of shit
They look like sex dolls most of the time and it's just offputting

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
I'm so damn sick of 3D stuff with big titted bimbos with lips so stuffed they look like they're ready to pop, and it seems this is most if not all h-games these days.
Funny, I don't generally like 2D games for precisely tits reason.:)

But I'm with you on the lips thing. All too common among DAZ models.

redknight00

I want to break free
Staff member
Modder
Apr 30, 2017
Trust me I have reasons to hate 3D as much as anyone else, but poor quality and unnatural anatomy are just as bad in 2D as they are in 3D. You don't have to search much to find 2D art with huge tits, bimbo aesthetics, tracing, terrible anatomy, it's just that you dislike 3D and is biased.

For the record, there are 50 pages of 2DCG games against 40 of 3DCG, so there's more 2D than 3D games in furryzone.

Abîme

Sep 27, 2018
It's the opposite that breaks my balls, too many shit with girls looking like a 14 years old.

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
I use g3 models. And I do not think of my models as looking that bad.
I agree. I've been scrounging for good looking (and underused) model assets lately, and I got good amount of G3 that passed my high standards where many G8 failed.

Reactions: HopesGaming

HopesGaming

The Godfather
Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
I agree. I've been scrounging for good looking (and underused) model assets lately, and I got good amount of G3 that passed my high standards where many G8 failed.
It has mostly to with how you use the lights in a scene.
g8 won't save bad light sources and incorrect use of those.

HopesGaming

The Godfather
Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

It may not be the top of the top and so many others have better renders, that is for sure.
But I do not think that using g3 is making my renders look that bad.

Some extra made for fun and not in-game.

Reactions: mickydoo

Tranquil Rain

Jul 8, 2018

It may not be the top of the top and so many others have better renders, that is for sure.

Looks like Wilfred called dibs on one of the packages... Don't know how I feel about it. Wilfreds Kinky side stories, future dlc.

Zachy

Spark Of Life
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 6, 2017
I believe 3D renders are suffering of the same cancer RPGM has. And that means the answer is the same:

I wouldn't blame the renders, but the people that make them; who tend to use overused assets that end up by being annoying to some people. But that doesn't mean all 3D renders are bad.

Reactions: Drak09

Sumodeine

I killed Eric
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2017
I believe 3D renders are suffering of the same cancer RPGM has. And that means the answer is the same:

I wouldn't blame the renders, but the people that make them; who tend to use overused assets that end up by being annoying to some people. But that doesn't mean all 3D renders are bad.
This. Exactly this.

There are a lot of games with bad 3D Renders. That doesn't mean all 3D Renders are bad. Unfortunately the barrier for making a 3D game is nonexistent, so there are a lot of people that try it and put out something bad. I know there are many devs that focus on realistic body types/proportions and try to incorporate unique characters in their stories. You just need to sift through the bad ones to find the good. Luckily, there is a review system on this website to help you do that! ;-)

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018

Dammit I thought my renders looked pretty good lol.

Joraell

Betrayed
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 4, 2017
Want advice? Play games where girls have normal proportions. Easy.

And as Hopes said. There is really big difference between making renders and doing renders.

PMR

Mar 9, 2018
I think it's also that, 3D stills look inherently worse then 2D drawings.

BeCe

Purveyor of Blood and Boobs
Game Developer
Jul 26, 2017
Unfortunately, I can't draw and I don't know any good artists willing to work for little more than headpats... and maybe a belly rub.
So it's 3D for me!

Reactions: freedom.call

HopesGaming

The Godfather
Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
I think it's also that, 3D stills look inherently worse then 2D drawings.
Well, then the problem is not 3d nor bimbo stuff or anything like that.
You're simply one of those that like hentai and dislike 3d.

Nothing wrong with that but that is not the fault of 3d.