To All Game Devs Another One Trying To Make Money Off Your Work

larry5168

Engaged Member
May 19, 2018

Links to this website

The games are offered for free there as well just he now has a Patreon linked to it

Spread the word Please

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.​

Agent HK47

Mar 3, 2018
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:​
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.​
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.​
So basically, by hosting your shit there, anyone who downloads your game now owns the rights to it and can do anything with it, including selling it? Thats what I got from reading that at least. Sounds..... wishful, at best.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I find it hilarious people are being charged to pirate games and they actually found people willing to pay for those pirated games.

You know how the old saying goes, a fool and his money are easily parted.

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
So basically, by hosting your shit there, anyone who downloads your game now owns the rights to it and can do anything with it, including selling it? Thats what I got from reading that at least. Sounds..... wishful, at best.
That's the MIT license "Open-Source" Included in the Ren'py VN Engine.

Open source is good for everyone. It's very rewarding knowing that starving children in Africa are able to play open-source games for free. Some of those villages are controlled by warlords who charge children to play free games. :(

_86407633_sceptical2.png.jpg

Agent HK47

Mar 3, 2018
That's the MIT license "Open-Source" Included in the Ren'py VN Engine.

Open source is good for everyone. It's very rewarding knowing that starving children in Africa are able to play open-source games for free. Some of those villages are controlled by warlords who charge children to play free games. :(

View attachment 285727
I should have waited until I was awake, before reading that TOS I think. Anywho, haven't seen the minesweeper meme before, so you will get an upvote ^^

gamersglory

Xpression Games
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 23, 2017

Links to this website

The games are offered for free there as well just he now has a Patreon linked to it

Spread the word Please

Thanks for the heads up :)

Reactions: larry5168

RanliLabz

Creating SpaceCorps XXX
Donor
Game Developer
Mar 5, 2018
This is a pretty disgusting rip off - people can waste their money on something that would otherwise be free all they like, but I don't see why AdultGamesOn should be able to sell my game as if they have some rights over it. Christ, the other pirate sites don't do that! They just get ad revs and donations and I get exposure... They don't then stick their Patreon banner under my work!

AdultGamesOn is also being actively fraudulent. In their Patreon overview they ask for money: "Because we have to pay our developers for every design or technical updates". Well, I haven't been paid a cent by AdultGamesOn, and they've posted my game up twice.

I'm going to take a stand on this one - or scam-Patreons like this will proliferate until it's impossible to make any money for equipment or assets. I'm going to report them to Patreon - and I suggest that any other dev they're ripping off should do the same!

batman666

Donor
Jun 18, 2017
Instead of paying for such a scam Patreon, we'd all be better off if those 20$ are spent on 1-2 actual Patreon sites for games we really enjoy. And maybe give another 5$ to F95 for the excellent forum that's provided to us. Like others here said, you could start a Patreon for invisible bananas and there'd still be 20 people dumb enough to put cash into it.

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
This is a pretty disgusting rip off - people can waste their money on something that would otherwise be free all they like, but I don't see why AdultGamesOn should be able to sell my game as if they have some rights over it. Christ, the other pirate sites don't do that! They just get ad revs and donations and I get exposure... They don't then stick their Patreon banner under my work!

AdultGamesOn is also being actively fraudulent. In their Patreon overview they ask for money: "Because we have to pay our developers for every design or technical updates". Well, I haven't been paid a cent by AdultGamesOn, and they've posted my game up twice.

I'm going to take a stand on this one - or scam-Patreons like this will proliferate until it's impossible to make any money for equipment or assets. I'm going to report them to Patreon - and I suggest that any other dev they're ripping off should do the same!
I just reported them too.

Reactions: RanliLabz

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
i doubt that real patrons. thoses are probably the creators of this website themself putting some fake patreon alt account into it to show peoples that its legit and all. (happened alots already)
Those are dumb... They don't seem to know how to use a search engine.

Reactions: Lucius Drake

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
i lol'ed at my game being pressent in there.

as its 100% free anyway, must be really idiot to pay for something completly free XD

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
i lol'ed at my game being pressent in there.

as its 100% free anyway, must be really idiot to pay for something completly free XD
My game is there too and you can download it for free on their site too. That's why I don't really care^^
As long as its free...