VN - Others - Completed - Tokyo Babel [Final] [Propeller]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Story: 5 / 5
    Character development : 4 / 5
    Misc ( ost, theme and other ) : 5 / 5
    PS: This game has no H-scene here even in JP, so do be warn

Story (non spoiler review)
    Tokyo Babel, one of the best vn made by propeller during its time. A dark fantasy vn that make use theme of myth, god and legend to the utmost and has a great story telling on fight scene that make u want for more. A truly lore filling and action fill VN with a touch of romance as cherry on the top.

If you like Dies Irea, the theme that this vn use is almost the same as that but with more focus on Myth and God. The overall atmosphere is, not too depressing but more to shonen dark fantasy with ton of interesting lore on the side. This game have 3 main heroine route with each route have its own True ending and all 3 of them has really great story and unique for each of them. Because of that i truly recommend you guys to finish them all if any of you decide to play it.

Misc:
    10 / 10 best Opening, Ending, Ost and Bgm throughout entire playthrough. Especially the opening and Fight scene bgm.
    GIVE PRAISE

Character:
    Overall, the cast they use is very interesting, the Mc and Lilith (which is one of the main heroine, i recommend for you guys to play her route last to avoid spoiler ) is fun and entertaining duo which you will see often in the story, as you see her guide the mc from zero to being a dark horse. The dynamic of these 2 and the development of the MC had gone through out of the journey is truly entertaining to read.
    Other than that, the overall VA (voice actor) is really good and suit the all the character personality, both MC and the antagonist feel truly alive when they talk, i have no qualm in this part.

The only complain i have with this is one of the heroine is not really my taste, but that just base on my taste.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Vakalo

It's very, very good. I remember reading this a couple years ago and still haven't really forgotten it.

I wont spoil anything, but the story itself was very interesting and just different enough to differentiate itself from the average action/drama VN.

The characters are memorable and the Protag is a badass but in a good way, that's the best way I can describe it.

The only thing people might not like is the "Forced route order", you can't get the real ending (and best girl route) without doing the previous two routes first, but it's for good reason and makes sense story wise.

Also, the OST is a banger, and I mean a real banger. It's one of the (now many) OST's that I actually went out and purchased.
    View attachment 1986993

And yes, no lewds or H-scenes, which I guess is a bit of a weird choice considering the artstyle and the innuendos through out the story, but honestly it's fine without them.

Anyway, it's very worth your time, especially if you can invest yourself into it's world, a solid 8.5/10 novel.