RPGM - Tome of Lust [v0.7b] [anoobj]

1. 5.00 star(s)

thedude001

Played a bit of version 0.7b.

Interface 5/5
    I think what's really important to call out is the comments people below me made about the RPGM engine feeling clunky in this game: In terms of adaptation of the way things are done in this engine, I think this is one of the best offerings out there. I didn't personally encounter any loud out of context sounds, and I think even though things are slightly non standard, they're easy enough to understand. I felt 0 problems discovering all the things I wanted to do.
    Sexual content 3/5
    There could certainly be more of it, Julia is sexy and I'd like to see her in more poses. Normally you pick a pose at the start of a battle, and then it's mostly a few dicks here and there that show you how Julia interacts with her opponents. Some of the interactions have short animations that toggle as a little window, and they're kinda meh, because they look like video rips from a hentai movie. I think that's OK, as long as the dev keeps updating and filling gaps (lol).

Mechanics / Gameplay 4/5
    Pretty solid, there's a doc with tips linked on the thread Original Post, and this is actually really useful info. Spoiler: Potions are your bread and butter, get lots of them, then get a lot more. The way the different poses / abilities influence the way battles play out makes it a pretty fun affair all round and I had fun exploring the options to build a slut just the way I like it. It would be good if there were more visuals going along with this, but that's likely a matter of time. Overall the current questline is pretty short, and you could do the whole thing in a few hours. Kind of expected at this stage, so again, depending on future updates. It doesn't bother me too much, because the battles and therefore the "grind" are actually fun here. (Tip: Save a lot, try different builds).

Other reviews 1/5
    Most other reviews here seem to be for older versions, or frustrated about the difficulty. Really not a problem in the latest version and after reading the tips document. This is the main reason I'm giving a 5/5 here, to offset some of the low ratings from below. Really undeserved imo.

Overall, I think I'd really like to commend the dev for their first venture, it shows that there's a lot of commitment and desire to build an awesome battlefuck game, along the lines of Karryn's Prison. I think so far nothing in the mechanics really stands out as obviously broken / wrong / counterintuitive, so hat tip for that, because that's likely a fairly complicated mess to keep in their head. I really hope this project continues going, and I hope my positive review helps with the motivation to do that.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

Fidzius

[v0.6b]

It's currently half of a game in all aspects, making it unplayable, or at the very least, not good enough to put up with to make a decision of whether anything i do its a bug, unfinished/ temporary feature, does get better or just user error (unoptimal/ poor strategy).

Presented half:
    • Visuals,
      (yes, it says it's heavy W.I.P),
      low-res gifs for ero-actions,
      art mismatches
      and others;
    • Audio,
      besides standard RPGM sounds, there are ridiculous and loud noises
    • Gameplay,
      to force me to walk through a "maze" (there's a single snake-y path, packed with unavoidable dudes) 3 times is awful and not funny.
      Areas are used once and then discarded (filled with regular common enemies)
      Had to repick starter skills (and replay the money grind) because most upgrades come with downgrades and some don't even work.
    • Balance,
      having no clear way to balance "noteriety" since its basically forced to stay around a certain value, having multiple separate functions, icons and walls of text for them and no way to reduce it (no easy access battles, quest battles only sometimes count).
      Potion system sometimes disappears (maybe or maybe not due to use limit), not sure how to use bigger potions.
    • Consistency,
      (previously mentioned aspects aside) you start fights nude form confronting them with clothing.
      You get magic tutorials before the gameplay starts, even though there's a while until you can even use them, there's no reason for 2 actions/enemy limit.
      Skills with scaling look the same as those with a single level or already unlocked.
      What will be a harassment encounter or a fight has no indication.

Its an ambitious project, but currently basically unplaybale, and, without knowing which of the heavily lacking aspects is most important will need a lot of time.

I wish it the very best
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Pertur4231

Karin's reverse prison.
    Only sex battles

+ Deep turn-based sex combat system
    + You choose your own sex posture and actions, plus abilities
    + For all it have arts

- Art in different styles and using AI.

What I would like to see:
    * I would like to spend money on some kind of management (clothes, jewelry, toys :)).
    * Mmore beautiful menu of character statistics with pictures of body parts.
    * X-ray, the degree of fullness with buffs and debuffs.

Good potential. Good luck to the author
  4. 5.00 star(s)

denil380

I see folks frustrated and give this low rating, so I give this excellent rating to help raise this game rating and let me get some tips for ya folks so you can have fun and git gud on this game:

- get telekinesis stat. You can generate coin like crazy using that skill, just make sure you good with 10 finger typing or have good hand-eye coordination
    - stock up on those potion (max stack is 99) so if you in danger of running out of stamina, you can stock up on your stamina and the enemy won't act until you finish your turn first
    - don't forget to stock up on mana potion. Once you finish the shower room quest you can gather those gems with telekinesis, without worry of upkeep of stamina and mana potion.
    - a battle victory cut 25 from your total reputation, a level up give you four point to distribute to your skill.

Verdict:
    - huge difficulty spike, but if you figure out the core mechanic, the post shower room quest a joke, Co sidering before going for the quest you can stock up on money, stamina potion, and mana potion before rush head first into the cluaterfuck
    - with said difficulty spike at the beginning, game grindy, but its is quick one that can be resolved fast.
    - game is fun and concept is great. Go ahead give this game another go after reading my review.

That's it, hope this help ya folks and if you need help, go ask me or the dev. Heck, I stumble upon this game by chance at itch.io and just yesterday got the game, so can it whatever insult you cooking in.
  5. 2.00 star(s)

Juicy Blueberry

I was first attracted by the cover picture. Well, I usually don't game a poor rating, but bro, the art style is not even consistent! The author should spend more time on the drawing, I suspect he is using AI. That's kind of suck TBH.
  6. 2.00 star(s)

Athilora

The game is unplayable. After trying to figure it out for 3 hours the only thing I could do without getting stuck of fainting out of exhaustion. 0/5. Worst gameplay in a long while.

I upped the rating a little bit because I liked the art style.

Also, game like this would be better as a Ren'py title.
  7. 3.00 star(s)

Satori6

It's in a very early stage at the time of this review.

I have mixed feelings: the premise is good, but right now the content is too repetitive, although that's understandable given that it's a very early version.

It feels grindy early on, but it gets easier as you unlock skills that let you "take care" of enemies faster.

I don't like having to collect money like that (just pressing a button in front of some rocks) - a lewd way to do it would be more fitting.
  8. 2.00 star(s)

El Presidente

[v0.1] Now it work, so i can review it
    In a word: grinding.
    The game start slow forcing in different event before starting, character progressing is slow, the only way to get money is from digging and the combat is the worst.
    Now, it's not the slow paced combat that forced to see the same animation over and over again, is the fact it never stop. A room is full of people, and when you start a combat you always against a group of 3 (or even 6). And when it almost done, here there are 3 more, because fuck you.
    The art is nice, probably most of the stuff are prompt but they do their job
  9. 1.00 star(s)

Bearcules

Experienced several soft locks in game within a few minutes of trying the game. The game seems influenced by Karryn's Prison which I enjoyed immensely. The game also contains an unusual mix of art styles which lend to the demo's lackluster impression. I do not have high expectations for this game progressing into anything greater.