Too many 2dcg games ?

CN47

Jun 27, 2021
Has anybody else noticed that compared to last year there are way too many 2dcg(cartoonish) games ? Increasing number of cucking/futa games is another topic and I am sure hundreds fight over that everyday. At this point it feels like 7 out of 10 games are now 2dcg and I am not into those as they are very cartoonish for me. Is this what the general populace wants or is it because its easier to produce/make? If its not the later case, shouldn't something be done to regulate something like this ?
I am very confused and disappointed in the continuous degradation of this website which in my opinion is happening at an unebelievably rapid rate. On one hand, if some admin looks into this, maybe there is still hope for me, on the other hand if it goes on unregulated, it'd atleast help me forget this site in the long run and maybe help with my addiction.

aura-dev

Game Developer
Mar 1, 2021
What I have noticed is an increased trend to people making "Has anyone noticed that there are too many [X] games?" threads.
Is that really how a statistically not insignificant amount of people spend their day? Watch the last 10 pages of latest updates to check for statistical anomalies? :unsure:

Nadekai

Aug 18, 2021
People complain about anything.

Too many anime games? No problem there will be less!
Not enough anime games? Sure, there will be more!
All anime games are shit?

???

RandyTyr

Game Developer
Apr 30, 2021
It doesn't make any sense to complain about "too many X-games". If you don't care about 2dcg games at all, just configure the filters for the latest updates page to not show them to you. Problem solved.

It does make sense to wish there were more Y-games on this site, of course. But complaining won't do much. If more such games exist and are just not listed here (despite complying with the rules, eg Rule 7), make a post in the "Game Request"-forum. If such games don't exist, either try and motivate someone to create one or try your hand at creating one yourself (I'm upset about the lack of incest-bestiality impregnation games...).

Reactions: Lupiscanis

Pamphlet

Aug 5, 2020
"You know, with all the choice in kinks and visual styles available I think people just aren't spending enough time thinking exactly like me. Welp, nothing for it, I'm just going to have to start a thread where I tell people how much it bothers me. I'm sure I'll get lots of validation."

n3k0d3v

Dec 5, 2017
I bet the next topic would be "Why are there so many heterosexual female protagonist games, there is not enough of gay furry pron!?". Will the $random_forum_member manage to create the thread and find out the answers he wishes for? Find out in the next episode of Dragon Balls!

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Waiting for Count Morado Math's post to show how wrong OP's statement is.
The problem is that this time Count Morado can't really do this.

There's more 2D CGs games than 3D CGs ones, and "very cartoonish for me" is clearly a totally subjective notion. It's even possible that there's really an increase in the number of 2D CGs games.

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
Waiting for Count Morado Math's post to show how wrong OP's statement is.
No need to wait, just look for yourself using the latest update, it has a date limit for sorting.

-In the last 365 days they added/updated 2221 2dcg games and 3049 non-2dcg (~2:3 ratio)
-the total number of games is 7486 2dcg, 7672 non-2dcg

With that alone we can see that if anything in the last year there has been an decrease in 2dcg games when compared with the total numbers, and for good reason because unlike what OP implies 2dcg is also harder and slower to create so it has been slowly being replaced over the years by other artstyles that are cheaper and faster to make.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Has anybody else noticed that compared to last year there are way too many 2dcg(cartoonish) games ? Increasing number of cucking/futa games is another topic and I am sure hundreds fight over that everyday. At this point it feels like 7 out of 10 games are now 2dcg and I am not into those as they are very cartoonish for me. Is this what the general populace wants or is it because its easier to produce/make? If its not the later case, shouldn't something be done to regulate something like this ?
I am very confused and disappointed in the continuous degradation of this website which in my opinion is happening at an unebelievably rapid rate. On one hand, if some admin looks into this, maybe there is still hope for me, on the other hand if it goes on unregulated, it'd atleast help me forget this site in the long run and maybe help with my addiction.
Heyo, I've been called into the thread to show you that you need to do your research before making Wild Ass Claims (WACs).

One way we can look at this, is to use the filters on the Latest Updates page to see the recency of title based upon their last date of release on F95. Now, we can't discern without digging deeper into the data whether the game is a new title or simply an updated one. However, because this is how many people on this site become introduced to titles - and their perspective is formed based upon their exposure to the sorting of these titles based upon their recency - it offers us at least a balanced look at the data.

As you can see in the chart below - not only does the data show you are mistaken about the prevalence of the 2DCG tag among all games, when compared to those tagged 3DCG - those titles are losing ground in terms of recency. The delta below is the percentage of difference that the 2DCG tag is from the 3DCG tag (if there were twice as many 2DCG tags as 3DCG tags, delta = +100$, if it were half the number -50%)

So, no. The data shows that over the course of the last year that games with an introduction to F95 or recent update - 2DCG is actually becoming less prevalent while 3DCG is becoming more prevalent.

All Titles​
2DCG​
3DCG​
Delta​
Total
15,159​
7,486​
5,763​
+30%
1 year
5,271​
2,221​
2,473​
-10%
6 months
3,719​
1,495​
1,791​
-17%
3 months
2,449​
949​
1,214​
-22%
1 month
1,144​
430​
576​
-25%
2 weeks
567​
205​
287​
-28%
1 week
272​
86​
145​
-41%

As for your claim on cartoonishness - well, cartoons and animation are traditionally based in classic character archetypes and exaggerated stereotypes, while emphasizing key features to enhance entertainment value (comedic, tragic, or for titilation). So, of course, there would be a bit of all that with hand-drawn works.

Thanks to Nadekai. Gwedelino, and - of course - anne O'nymous for the heads up.

And Hat tip to Meaning Less for doing the back of the napkin summary!