Too many cheap releases, no more good games here in nowadays!

Blue Eyes710

Oct 14, 2019
Am I alone in seeing it that way, or are there really only a few really good games left here?

There used to be really interesting games, from Corruption to Dating My Daughter, Melody, Big Brother to Ecchi Sensei, The Headmaster, Chloe or even other Dating Sims with a slowly developing story.

But, currently I have the impression that except for a few games where the creators really make an effort, a lot of junk is published. Often no story, boring characters, bad programming and that's regardless of taste. I don't like futa content because I'm 100% into females, but that's beside the point. Also graphically there is often only bad material or just Japanese stuff with cheap anime graphics.

Still, everyone always wants money for their average releases without really offering any added value. It often seems to me as if they quickly render and assemble a few images and spend more time creating a Discord or Patreon profile. That many games are not even continued, is also the order of the day, just like Netflix, where series are simply not continued despite cliffhanger.

Does anyone else feel this way here, or am I possibly alone in being too demanding?

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Does anyone else feel this way here, or am I possibly alone in being too demanding?
There's likely a couple of things happening:
1. You've entered a field that had mature games (that spent years getting there), played all of them faster than new ones can be made, and now you've run out of games, and you're frustrated.

2. You've over-filtered yourself; F95zone largely encourages devs to over-tag (if there's one MILF in the game, add the MILF tag). If you decide you hate milfs (or futas, or BDSM, or tiny tits) you'll cut out large chunks of content.

3. You're burnt out on adult games in general; one guy was saying that a game featuring hardcore gang-rape was "too vanilla". At that point it might useful to shut down the computer, go outside, touch grass and lift iron. Come back when bouncy cheerleaders sound attractive again.

Anyway, I'd recommend sorting by stars (weighted). Pretty much every game in the top 30 here worthwhile playing; they're all *good* games, even in not every one of them will have the fetishes you want. Sometimes a good game is a good game.
https://f95zone.to/sam/latest_alpha/#/cat=games/page=1/sort=rating

1690376917835.png

Blue Eyes710

Oct 14, 2019
1. You've entered a field that had mature games (that spent years getting there), played all of them faster than new ones can be made, and now you've run out of games, and you're frustrated.

2. You've over-filtered yourself; F95zone largely encourages devs to over-tag (if there's one MILF in the game, add the MILF tag). If you decide you hate milfs (or futas, or BDSM, or tiny tits) you'll cut out large chunks of content.

3. You're burnt out on adult games in general; one guy was saying that a game featuring hardcore gang-rape was "too vanilla". At that point it might useful to shut down the computer, go outside, touch grass and lift iron. Come back when bouncy cheerleaders sound attractive again.

Anyway, I'd recommend sorting by stars (weighted). Pretty much every game in the top 30 here worthwhile playing; they're all *good* games, even in not every one of them will have the fetishes you want. Sometimes a good game is a good game.
Hmm... Thanks for the assessment. I check the new uploads every day and see a lot of started games for which there is never an update. I don't think I'm bored with the games as such or have too high an expectation, but I prefer quality. Then I am happy to wait and also pay (for example for the maker of "My best Friends Daughter" and other games from him). I will look through your list and at first glance I have already discovered a game that seems interesting and I did not know yet: Pale Carnation.

Let's try it out and see what it's like.

Blue Eyes710

Oct 14, 2019
ever try to make one ?
I thought about, but because of my daytime business, it's impossible. I know, that a lot people do it as a hobby, that's okay for me. But if they want money, they should bring quality. But I know, that it need a lot of time and knowledge, if you want a good game. Just testing in Renpy is not enough to release it. If they do it for theirself, it's absolutely okay but they shouldn't release it here. "Best" worst example is "Die Insel -The Island".

Reactions: LS47
Apr 10, 2023
I thought about, but because of my daytime business, it's impossible. I know, that a lot people do it as a hobby, that's okay for me. But if they want money, they should bring quality. But I know, that it need a lot of time and knowledge, if you want a good game. Just testing in Renpy is not enough to release it. If they do it for theirself, it's absolutely okay but they shouldn't release it here. "Best" worst example is "Die Insel -The Island".
same for the majority of people making these kind of games, they also have their own "day time businesses"
I'm also trying to make my own, for about 4 months now, I have about 500 renders, more than half of those are unusable. My PC been running non stop, bought a new GPU and now it is fucked, my electricity bills quadrupled.
I'm 4 months and $600-700 in and I'm no where near to even have a proper playable version.
and I'm doing this while I dont have to maintain a 9-5 job or dealing with family and relationship breathing down my neck wondering wtf am I doing in my room. So now imagine having to deal with that...

So yeah, it IS impossible for most people, and that shitty first version release that you speed through in 4 minutes is all they can manage to shit out right before everything become unsustainable..

Reactions: Blue Eyes710
May 5, 2020
Am I alone in seeing it that way, or are there really only a few really good games left here?

There used to be really interesting games, from Corruption to Dating My Daughter, Melody, Big Brother to Ecchi Sensei, The Headmaster, Chloe or even other Dating Sims with a slowly developing story.

But, currently I have the impression that except for a few games where the creators really make an effort, a lot of junk is published. Often no story, boring characters, bad programming and that's regardless of taste. I don't like futa content because I'm 100% into females, but that's beside the point. Also graphically there is often only bad material or just Japanese stuff with cheap anime graphics.

Still, everyone always wants money for their average releases without really offering any added value. It often seems to me as if they quickly render and assemble a few images and spend more time creating a Discord or Patreon profile. That many games are not even continued, is also the order of the day, just like Netflix, where series are simply not continued despite cliffhanger.

Surely, there's a lot of trash, but there probably has always been, even before, it's just that maybe there weren't many forums, so if you found something, it was because it was famous and worth trying.

The fact is that I'm also having trouble finding enjoyable stuff to play. I've seen really ugly renderings with horrible lighting, games with a single HS and KK animation, characters without personality...

The ideal would be to wait 2-3 months to find something good, but out of fear of missing out, I end up checking the latest updates section almost every day.

If I can give you a piece of advice, if you're looking for something with a minimum of quality, you should always check the adult section on Steam. There might not be big games, and you might miss out on some forums that perhaps aren't on Steam, but you'll save to yourself a lot of trash games

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Hmm... Corruption being a good or interesting game ? Once modded perhaps :whistle:. And, Big Brother, really ?

And, to only name some that cross my mind, what about:
The DeLuca Family
Heavy Five
Futagenesis Unveiled (this one, I understand since you don't like Futa)
Space Journey X
Pale Carnation
The Intoxicating Flavor
Karlsson's Gambit
Hot Sand of Antarctica
How to Fix the Future
Shattered (This one too I understand since you still don't like Futa)
Red Lucy
Summer Scent
Desert Stalker
SpaceCorps XXX
Bad Memories
Jason, Coming of Age
Stranded in Space
Halfway House
My New Memories
Pact With a Witch
Rebirth
Sexbot
Star Periphery
Triple X
City of Broken Dreamers

Not all are necessarily high quality games, but all have their positive points and are interesting, either by their story, their quality, or by their fresh approach.

Also graphically there is often only bad material or just Japanese stuff with cheap anime graphics.
Half the games you named are basic not post processed Illusion studio screenshots, and there's also Big Brother in your list...

Blue Eyes710

Oct 14, 2019
Hmm... Corruption being a good or interesting game ? Once modded perhaps :whistle:. And, Big Brother, really ?

And, to only name some that cross my mind, what about:
The DeLuca Family
Heavy Five
Futagenesis Unveiled (this one, I understand since you don't like Futa)
Space Journey X
Pale Carnation
The Intoxicating Flavor
Karlsson's Gambit
Hot Sand of Antarctica
How to Fix the Future
Shattered (This one too I understand since you still don't like Futa)
Red Lucy
Summer Scent
Desert Stalker
SpaceCorps XXX
Bad Memories
Jason, Coming of Age
Stranded in Space
Halfway House
My New Memories
Pact With a Witch
Rebirth
Sexbot
Star Periphery
Triple X
City of Broken Dreamers

Not all are necessarily high quality games, but all have their positive points and are interesting, either by their story, their quality, or by their fresh approach.

Half the games you named are basic not post processed Illusion studio screenshots, and there's also Big Brother in your list...
I love the story of Corruption and of Big Brother - but not the slow game play at BB and the oversized tits in Corrruption. I wish Corruption would exist with normal bodies and a good 3 D graphic - okay, it's allowed to dream ... ;-)BTW - thanks for the suggestions of games.

redknight00

I want to break free
Staff member
Modder
Apr 30, 2017
There are no more good games like in the past
The good games: Big Brother, Dmd, and Chloe18

:HideThePain:

FoolsBeGone

May 21, 2023

View attachment 2801450
:cool:Constructive and useful answers like this make me remember why this site is so awesome (well that and all the awesome games)

NRFB

Hi (。・ω・)ノ゙
Game Developer
Feb 14, 2020
Sorry, I will be sure to cater exclusively to your undefined standards of quality from now on.