Too many IRAY shaders

SvenVlad

Modder
Aug 11, 2017
Some time ago, when learning about lightning, I decided to add some IRAY lightning to see how it would turn out my renders. I think that was a mistake now.

My renders are taking way too long

daz iray.png

That for a simple image like this

tj8.png

This one took 5min, but more complex images are taking 1h at least. How can I modify what IRAY shaders I'm using?

It's weird because I have cleaned the project, but is still being used. Sorry if its a stupid question.

monkeyposter_7

Thirsty for my Guest
Game Developer
Nov 23, 2018
what rig do u own? CPU, VGA, RAM...

Are u using big texture files or does her clothes have a lot of polygons?
couse your mem. consuption is very high for just a single character

also, what shaders are u using?

EDIT: nvm, this pic took 5 minutes lol
1 hour is actually good for a complex scene
But still, it depends what rig u have.

SvenVlad

Modder
Aug 11, 2017
what rig do u own? CPU, VGA, RAM...

Are u using big texture files or does her clothes have a lot of polygons?
couse your mem. consuption is very high for just a single character

also, what shaders are u using?

EDIT: nvm, this pic took 5 minutes lol
1 hour is actually good for a complex scene
But still, it depends what rig u have.
Not using any external shaders. All of them are the original that came with the scene/materials. But where can I check in case I add them?

My rig is
Ryzen 2700
GTX 1070 G1 Gaming
16gb DDR4

monkeyposter_7

Thirsty for my Guest
Game Developer
Nov 23, 2018
I only know that u can check when u click on a surface of the model, and the part. It will say IRAY bla bla shader or daz3d default etc etc
I can't check right now to tell u exactly where, but u click on a model, and on the right side where u have your items and viewpoint, and under where u have parameters, posing u will see a surface tab. click on editor (i think) and it's there.
If u didn't change the layout

BUT this is actually very good speed. I have a little slower rig then you (ryzen 2600 with 1080ti) and my character renders are taking like 30 minutes. Shower scene i did was 3 hours per image (1422x800)

All the reflections, lights and the wet shaders really slowed everything down a lot

Saki_Sliz

May 3, 2018
5 Min with Iray, one character or simple scene and a 1070 sounds about right. Using the 1080ti brings down render time only a minute or more.