Daz Too much red in eyes?

Jul 30, 2020
test.jpg
It's especially bad if the person is looking to the side, I'm not sure if it is normal or not, but even though its present in real life, it seems a bit excessive here.... any fixes? Couldn't find one in the parameters tab....

Pain

May 15, 2017
The white and red color are on the same texture (the sclera surface) so you can't easily adjust them separately.
The easiest way would be to find another sclera texture from another character that is better and replace the surface with that.

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
It might be a bit exaggerated, but I had an ex that had eyes like this, so it's not like it doesn't exist. But as far as Daz goes, the only "true" fix would be to take the base map, drop it into Photoshop, match the white/sclera as best as possible and paint away the red out in. Then drop the new versions back into the asset folder and slot it into the Base Color and Translucency Color sections.

That said, just find a model that has eyes you like and use them instead. Most likely going to fix both and far quicker than doing it manually. P3D usually makes some pretty good eyes just as a quick option, as do most of the Daz originals.

Sven2023

Nov 2, 2022
Thats eyes from an hangover
way too dark.

Take the sclera texture and increase exposure in photoshop about +1 or when you start to see highlights clipping.
or lower translucency weight from default 0.5 to 0.3 0.2
whites will be better and those reds will not be as visible.

Default and after
Realistic Eyes2.png Realistic Eyes1.png