Tool for Female character modelling

monsterman09

Jul 14, 2020
Hello

I have a Linux machine, an Ubuntu 18 machine.

I want to learn blender or some sort of tool to create some "erotic" or beautiful female characters. They may be 3D or possibly 2D or 2.5D .

This is my first time venturing into this and have never done anything like this before.

Now I have never used blender or modelling or anything of this kind before so it all new things for me to learn.

So my questions are

1) Is there a software tool that can allow me to draw or design female characters quickly and easily. A tool that is easy to learn with a small learning curve.
2) Is blender a good tool for this. Anyone know what the learning curve is to learn blender to make female characters
3) I have heard people using honey select is that possible to run on Linux and is a good candidate for this kind of work.
4) Any good tutorials or videos illustrating or providing indepth tutorial on how to do this kind of work.

Thanks and I hope to hear back soon for ideas

Icarus Media

F95 Comedian
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2019
Blender is good in that it is free and is on par with Industry standard software such as Maya, 3dsmax or mudbox etc, you can design everything from scratch, can do photo's, animations, create models, import models from other programs and have a play around and the best thing is that because it is on par with industry standard, if you take the time to learn it, you will learn almost everything you need to know for 3d modelling and animation. HOWEVER it isn't a quick, load up and slide some bars and recolour some hair. It isn't like that. You will have to stick with it for long term. The beauty of Blender however is it has a massive wide community and tutorials in the blender forums and on youtube and even books on it. I recommend The Complete Guide To Blender Graphics by John M Blain. At first you'll just be translating (moving) a 3d grey cube around, then how to stretch and maniuplate vertices (the mesh that makes a character model) etc etc.

MakeHuman a lot more easier and comes ready made with hair and clothes meshes with pre-done textures, it works on Linux AND can be imported to Blender via a plug in so you can skip making a model from scratch.

I don't really know Linux that well so can only give these two which I have used before.

monsterman09

Jul 14, 2020
Blender is good in that it is free and is on par with Industry standard software such as Maya, 3dsmax or mudbox etc, you can design everything from scratch, can do photo's, animations, create models, import models from other programs and have a play around and the best thing is that because it is on par with industry standard, if you take the time to learn it, you will learn almost everything you need to know for 3d modelling and animation. HOWEVER it isn't a quick, load up and slide some bars and recolour some hair. It isn't like that. You will have to stick with it for long term. The beauty of Blender however is it has a massive wide community and tutorials in the blender forums and on youtube and even books on it. I recommend The Complete Guide To Blender Graphics by John M Blain. At first you'll just be translating (moving) a 3d grey cube around, then how to stretch and maniuplate vertices (the mesh that makes a character model) etc etc.

MakeHuman a lot more easier and comes ready made with hair and clothes meshes with pre-done textures, it works on Linux AND can be imported to Blender via a plug in so you can skip making a model from scratch.

I don't really know Linux that well so can only give these two which I have used before.
Thanks a lot for the advice.
So it seems I have a lot of things to learn and I will have to be patient and work real hard and invest serious time in it.