Top 5 underrated and overrated devs

Always

Feb 11, 2019
Hello guys, i want to hear your opinions of the most underrated and overrated devs out here.
An overrated dev doesn't have to mean that their games are bad, it could be a case that their games are not that good compared to the support he/she receives
An underrated dev doesn't necessarily have to be one of the best devs from here, just that he/she deserves more support than they currently have

This are mine: (to be clear, this are just my opinions, so maybe an overrated dev to me is an underrated dev to someone else, so i ask for respect for all the answers here)

Underrated:
1) Ocean
A clearly top 1 imo, a very hardworking dev that is constantly trying to improve, both of his games (SG and WIAB) have a focus on the story (which is the most important aspect of a game imo), top-notch graphics and cinematics and beautiful models
2) LikesBlondes
Really good plot, writing, characters are likeable, very active in terms of updates
3) DriftyGames
Nice story telling, good characters development, well chosen music, very active dev in terms of updates and communication
4) Purple Fellas
Savior is a nice game that deserves more love, i was surprised when i saw that they have so little support compared with other games that are a lot worse and have more support. Nice renders, decent story and characters
5) Mutt & Jeff
I was surprised when i played Pale Carnations, i wasn't expecting much tbh because usually this isn't my type of game as i'm not a fan of some stuff like domination, humiliation, but the story is very unique, the characters are great and the art is high quality

Honorable mentions: Caribdis, Kthulian, STWAdev

Overrated:
1) ICSTOR
Not much to say here, i mean, people are gifting him money. No comunication at all, when the last update was uploaded tv was black and white and the game even is not good, it's just a horny douche mc fucking around
2) ttll
Yeah i know that the renders are one of the best here, but the rest of the game doesn't have the same quality, story telling, character development aren't bad, but it's not great either, just one update per year with poor comunication and lot of excuses.
3) MrDots
This may be an unpopular opinion, but his games are too linear, with no depth at all. Models are almost the same with minimum changes, facial expresions shows lazyness from the dev and no intention to improve imo. I think melody started nicely but finished boring, i never liked dmd personaly, and sunshine love to me is worse than melody, i liked the characters on melody, i can't say the same with sunshile love. At least the dev is active and updates regularly
4) Braindrop
Same as MrDots, WVM is too linear with no depth and no impact on choices, you can fuck any girl easily without even trying. Nice renders, but that's all.
5) Undergrad Steve
To be fair, he's new so he has a lot to improve, but i can't find a reason for the success he's having in terms of supporters atm, story-telling, characters, graphics all are average imo, i'm trying to find an aspect of the game that is above average but nothing comes to my mind. On the other hand, he's one of the most actives devs in terms of updating the game

LoneWaker59

May 16, 2020
UNDERRATED:

1 - EvaKiss:
She deserves to be the number 1 developer, her games have everything you expect from a VN, several paths, several choices, different art from the conventional, history that holds you...

2 - Artifixion: Their game has one of the best renders, updates are frequent and the story is good, a parody of Detroit Become Human.

3 - Basilicata: The story of the game Goss_IP is very funny, the devs deserved more prominence, I never imagined that I would laugh in a game +18 but they managed to do it.

4 - RedLolly: Same as EvaKiss, it just doesn't stay on top of the list because so far there have only been 2 updates of their first game.

5 - Tim.E.Pants Games: Best medieval game with MANY fetishes.

OVERRATED:

1 - Lust & Passion:
Almost 4 years stealing your patreons with a game that with each update is dragging the story that is already bad, for some reason this game has a lot of fanboys.

2 - Braindrop: I tried to play WVM but found it very tedious, nothing much.

3 - DecentMonkey: I love Fashion Business but i hate the gameplay mechanics, everything you need to do is something you're gonna waste so much time doing it, if someone or the dev remake the game in Visual Novel instead of Sandbox with clicks for any action you do, this would be my number 1 game.

4 - Lesson of Passion: The most boring games with more dragged gameplays that make you waste time, you need to be playing for almost 40 hours to make every ending because there is no walkthrough for most of his games, renders from 1940, if you say "hi" to the same person for 5 days, on the 6th day she will be wanting to suck you.

Reactions: GaRbS

Basilicata

Radioactive Member
Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
3 - Basilicata: The story of the game Goss_IP is very funny, the devs deserved more prominence, I never imagined that I would laugh in a game +18 but they managed to do it.
Thanks man. I appreciate it. (One dev, just me I'm afraid). Wait a couple of months and have a look at my new project. Atm is only at the beginning. You'll find it much more polished than Goss_IP.

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
I can't say who is overrated since virtually none of the currently popular games are in my wheelhouse (so I recognize almost none of the names so far). I'll just drop some names of devs who have made a good impression:

CSDev: a real trooper. Updates their game monthly, communicates with players on F95 and refuses to even take donations until they feel their work is worth charging money for.

N_Taii: Updates monthly with about 45-60 minutes worth of content, actively communicates with the fans on F95 and seems to take feedback into account for development.

aura-dev: Ditto, but with smaller weekly updates.

AdventAnyx: Friendly on F95, and every update is a banger. Also has the brass balls to introduce (avoidable) NTRish content into their maledom power-trip game.

Honorable mentions (mainly devs of games that I feel are overlooked):

Apollo Seven
Phanes Dionysos
Myscra
Pyorgara

Last edited:

duningtwo

Mar 2, 2020
under (overall quality versus exposure):
RanliLabz (SpaceCorpsXXX)
Nottravis (Heavy Five)
Droid Productions (Love Of Magic)
Kinderfeld (Now & Then)
What? Why? Games (Power Vacuum)

over (excess praise for quality of writing):
Oceanlabs (Where It All Began; Summer's Gone)
HopesGaming (DeLuca Family)
MrDots (Sunshine Love, Melody)
Studio Kuma (Milky Touch)
DarkBlue (Hillside)

this isn't definitive, merely drunken, and excludes complete crap like milfy city and midnight paradise, etc.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Droid Productions