Daz Towels and coffee machine

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
I found this asset

But i am not sure if it can have liquid in it to represent coffee.

Can someone recommend me assets that can?

Also i would need and are looking for folded towels that can be put in a closet for bathroom.
I am using the Avil series and it's quite empty. I stuffed it a little bit with everyday toiletry but towels are what is missing.

Thank you so much

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
found this asset

But i am not sure if it can have liquid in it to represent coffee.
I've used that one pretty recently, and no. There wasn't any option to insert coffee or any liquid for that matter. I just used a black glass/mirror shader to black it out. That way nobody could see what's in it. As usual, what the user can't see doesn't matter. If you need to show your character pouring it, then using something like this: with a coffee shader, or these: and .

I believe this has folded towels (plus being able to use them on figures with dforce.): . What Grap said is actually a pretty solid idea, as well. A brown cylinder with a translucent shader should work well. There's a few materials that could work for it, though a colored glass could work well here.

Reactions: coffeeaddicted

Turning Tricks

Rendering Fantasies
Game Developer
Apr 9, 2022
I just recently did something like this...

I used to make the liquid.

It has a wine glass prop with various liquid pouring and sitting models. The props come as a Group with the glass and the liquid separate. You could use the liquid part and adjust to fit the cups or carafe. You would just have to play with the shaders on the liquid to get the color you want.

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
Lol... the simplest ideas seem to work the best.

The thing is, me thinking that the scene is only brief so i prefer something that doesn't cost anything. Just to create the illusion.

For the towel, that seems to be something i should look into it.
Thanks MissFortune and thanks to everyone else Grap, Turning Tricks and mickydoo

Reactions: osanaiko

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
I've used that one pretty recently, and no. There wasn't any option to insert coffee or any liquid for that matter. I just used a black glass/mirror shader to black it out. That way nobody could see what's in it. As usual, what the user can't see doesn't matter. If you need to show your character pouring it, then using something like this: with a coffee shader, or these: and .

I believe this has folded towels (plus being able to use them on figures with dforce.): . What Grap said is actually a pretty solid idea, as well. A brown cylinder with a translucent shader should work well. There's a few materials that could work for it, though a colored glass could work well here.
The Liquid Pack seems interesting. This and the Towels are wished by me.
There are some other scenes where i could use that.
Oh boy, the list is getting longer and longer. I had reduced my assets quite considerably.

For the Avil Masterbedroom i found myself with the problem that the bed was static. So i used the . Just the pillows are static but the blanket works super and easy.

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
Here are the two scenes.
1) pouring milk
2) bathroom (cabinet background towels)
3) bedroom with dforce bed.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Haven't found an HDRI that i really like but the Ostery (i think that's what they are called) work ok since their is different time of days.

MissFortune

Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Here are the two scenes.
1) pouring milk
2) bathroom (cabinet background towels)
3) bedroom with dforce bed.
The "Dirty Dishes Food and Drink Expansion" linked above has one specifically for pouring milk that might work. The SY towel asset should be more than adequate for what you need. The Ultimate dForce bed is a good buy, honestly. I've got both sets, and a ton of customization makes both sets heavily reusable.

Haven't found an HDRI that i really like but the Ostery (i think that's what they are called) work ok since their is different time of days.
If you don't need them for a main background and just lighting, is another set I'd look at. Some of the most diverse HDRIs I've used.

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
The "Dirty Dishes Food and Drink Expansion" linked above has one specifically for pouring milk that might work. The SY towel asset should be more than adequate for what you need. The Ultimate dForce bed is a good buy, honestly. I've got both sets, and a ton of customization makes both sets heavily reusable.

If you don't need them for a main background and just lighting, is another set I'd look at. Some of the most diverse HDRIs I've used.

Yes, i agree. Though i haven't bought them yet. I just found them. So they are wishlisted as well. Boy, this goes in the money. That's why i really limited what i use. Even poses as they are plenty.

Well, for the background.
So this supposed to be flat and as such high. Ideally i would have some house front. But sky is ok. The window isn't the main action really but it appears of course.
Future Park has no night set i think and i like to show the day times. I could or course just use a black background and have my sphere lend the light. This were i am not really settled.
Also, i downloaded the everyday props which seems great. Just to clutter stuff around and have not a too stale room. But i really need to have a sale on these items.

Just to the figure (Edie) this is a huge expense. Though i only use the base not the HD. Is HD even worth it? I just like this figure.

Reactions: MissFortune

MissFortune

Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Boy, this goes in the money. That's why i really limited what i use. Even poses as they are plenty.
No kidding. I think most players/users would have a stroke if they were aware of how much money non-pirating devs spend on these, at least in the long-term. There's no need to put yourself in the red (or debt, for those who aren't sure that means) over this. Nobody can get angry (player-wise) if you're making use of what you can afford.

Though i only use the base not the HD. Is HD even worth it? I just like this figure.
HD really only matters if you're looking for the small details, and you'll only see them get noticeable in closeup portraits (for the most part.). It's often controlled by SubD (SubD is for the viewport, Render SubD is for renders.), and HD needs at least 4 to really show up well, iirc. Looking at your renders, though, I'd HD isn't really necessary at all.

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
No kidding. I think most players/users would have a stroke if they were aware of how much money non-pirating devs spend on these, at least in the long-term. There's no need to put yourself in the red (or debt, for those who aren't sure that means) over this. Nobody can get angry (player-wise) if you're making use of what you can afford.

HD really only matters if you're looking for the small details, and you'll only see them get noticeable in closeup portraits (for the most part.). It's often controlled by SubD (SubD is for the viewport, Render SubD is for renders.), and HD needs at least 4 to really show up well, iirc. Looking at your renders, though, I'd HD isn't really necessary at all.
Well, i usually look for things that are on sale.
The easiest and possibly cheapest is the figure i think.
But the props, boy, one can not have enough. Then the Avil rooms. I just like them the most.
Well, i am not going in the red for it but there are certain things i can afford easily.
I just bought last time the Side Layered Messy Hair because it was on sale and i am using it. Great hair really. Works really great, i think.

I just like the give what should be right. I can't do them on my own and don't have the tools to do it or the gift the create it.
I tossed most clothings because it was just too much. So i just have what i really use. More importantly, i am trying to make real use of what DAZ offers. That's why i am using lots of primitives. Works fine, though when there is a reflecting surface.... sometimes i miss that. lol

Good to know. HD can be really expensive.
My impression was, HD probably will be good if you have 4K renders. But i render in 2K max to be downgraded to HD.
So this will be ok for base, like you said.
I discovered that if you download a lot, you gave a lot of stuff you eventually don't even use. And the library gets bigger and bigger. This was especially true for poses. So at the moment i have some free poses from Renderocity and some IV poses as i like them more than ZED. But i want to make them myself if i can. So each render takes more time to make. But in my case that is ok. I have time.

The last figure i bought because of the skin was . I just think she looks fantastic. Especially with the imperfections.
Males are so much harder to find. Most don't appeal to me.
Not to forget . Just loved the skin and the figure.

And, i am doing it as a pet project at the moment. Slowly creating and maybe it will be a VN one day.

Thanks for the response.

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
I may be out of date but I always found "HD morphs" to be quite underwhelming for the most part (no talking about say nipples graft but like whole body morphs). Nothing you couldn't get out of well baked map, mostly good bump/normal or displacements (rather rare and also quite a pain in ass to bake for DS). Feel like it's more often than not it's a waste time while slowing your viewport to crap. Ofc there must be exceptions but well.

MissFortune

Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
I may be out of date but I always found "HD morphs" to be quite underwhelming for the most part (no talking about say nipples graft but like whole body morphs). Nothing you couldn't get out of well baked map, mostly good bump/normal or displacements (rather rare and also quite a pain in ass to bake for DS). Feel like it's more often than not it's a waste time while slowing your viewport to crap. Ofc there must be exceptions but well.
You are correct. The only time you really see a noticeable difference is closeups on the Daz Original figures SubD 4 or 5. But as you said, they just slow your viewport to a crawl. It's basically made for the PAs/Vendors to make their promos with, iirc.

Not really worth the premium Daz effectively charges for them at all, imo.

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
You are correct. The only time you really see a noticeable difference is closeups on the Daz Original figures SubD 4 or 5. But as you said, they just slow your viewport to a crawl. It's basically made for the PAs/Vendors to make their promos with, iirc.

Not really worth the premium Daz effectively charges for them at all, imo.
I guess it's less true the older a figure get, where you may want to have more subtle wrinkles and creases. But even then I don't remember any subD4+ morphs particulary spectacular in that case (I may have missed them tho).

MissFortune

Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
But even then I don't remember any subD4+ morphs particulary spectacular in that case
They aren't spectacular by any stretch, I just meant they were a bit more noticeable at that point. It may very well just be a placebo, though.