RPGM Tower of Trample [v1.18.0.4 + Standalone 9F] [Bo Wei/Koda]

4.40 star(s) 52 Votes

Kiokami

Jul 24, 2018
In the interest of lightening the mood, I saw the talk of translating the game and the complications involved with it, and I might have an answer to that. Dargoth, the guy translating MGQ Paradox, is also working with RPG Maker and he had a guy make a program which extracts and un-extracts the scripts for translation. It can also be used to add to the game or fix bugs, but the point is for translating. I've used the exact same program files to make modifications to ToT for my own entertainment, so it assuredly works regardless of the game. It would be possible to write a simplistic GUI-based program that operates on those files and has a cached translation map which would invalidate sections if Koda changes dialogue later. The more I explain this the more confusing it'll get so I'll leave that at that. In a few weeks I might make something like that if there come to be people interested in translating it. I say "might" because I've got a deadly allergy to commitment unless money gets thrown at me (edit: Even then, good odds), but we'll see what happens.

That a great thing ! Like i said few post before, i'm interested in translation. I would like to translate this part of the game and suggest it for french-speaker.

Reactions: GearlessJoe and c-+

Sylph Phoenix

Sep 24, 2018
Seems like there's interest in it. I've got commissions booked for the next couple weeks, but after that I'll see what I can do. Worst case scenario I just show you guys how to use Ytinasni's tool for translating the files and diff tools to spot differences between versions, which is basically how Dargoth does his translating right now. Or how he was, since he hasn't done anything in a couple months, lol. It has constraints, but they aren't too onerous if all you're setting out to do is translate. In any case, more on that in a few weeks, watch this space.

Godoflaziness

Jan 1, 2019
i need help
basically i havent played in a while and i just downloaded 1.12.1 and almost all the audio in-game is missing,
for example whenever i u click enter it says Audio/SE/Cursor2 missing
so if any amazing person would like to post a link or something to download all their (working) audio files for 1.12.1 like the Audio/BGM, Audio/BGS, and Audio/SE files
Reply As Soon As Possible
Thanks

skyreacher

Jan 23, 2018
Seems like there's interest in it. I've got commissions booked for the next couple weeks, but after that I'll see what I can do. Worst case scenario I just show you guys how to use Ytinasni's tool for translating the files and diff tools to spot differences between versions, which is basically how Dargoth does his translating right now. Or how he was, since he hasn't done anything in a couple months, lol. It has constraints, but they aren't too onerous if all you're setting out to do is translate. In any case, more on that in a few weeks, watch this space.
is Rogue planning on coming back into the buisness ? or his out for good ? :unsure:

The Big Boss

Jul 8, 2018
Any estimate at all for floor 7?

It feels like its been a really long wait so far.

I can appreciate Bo wants to do these complex floors but I dont know, I’d rather it be really simple, then a lot of content around the floor boss (like Cobra).

Amanwholive

Mar 30, 2018

I can appreciate Bo wants to do these complex floors but I dont know, I’d rather it be really simple, then a lot of content around the floor boss (like Cobra).
Being honest with everyone here i will give a good advice, play something else and come back in summer, then MAYBE 7F will be ready...

LeonOne994

Feb 15, 2018

well they said we will have floor 7, and an update or 2 near the same time, plus Koda has been working on floor 8 almost as long as Bo has on floor 8 so we might have some back to back content :D

skyreacher

Jan 23, 2018
*coppy paste from discord*
7F Progress Report tl;dr - Still working on it; will not be in :cautious:>March<:unsure: For a spoiler-free explanation for how long 7F is taking, scroll up and replace mentions of Karen/6F with 7F as the situation is very similar: Bo has had trouble finalizing the floor flow to his satisfaction. A bit more info on our progress and design style for 7F is below. ===(edited)

The main pivot with 7F is Bo wants to expand the scale of floor quest/exploration mechanics. While previous floors have a variety of mechanics, he feels they all essentially just ferry players from one ero-scene to another and wants to try something more organic. Even 6F, which introduced "quests" proper, basically just has you walk to spot X or interact with object Y. The compact method has merits, of course: it trims a lot of the fat on both ends, many players want to be ferried from one scene to another, and we recognize that tedious RPG mechanics are a pitfall to many otherwise-great ero-RPGs -- but ultimately Bo and I agree properly implemented mechanics add a lot to the lewdness and appeal of the game. And we don't see any reason to abandon our own ambition just because most other games don't seem to have found the right balance. On the other hand, if the floor flow is too opaque, everyone will simply ask for a guide/flowchart on release day, meaning we're also trying to ensure that there's a sufficiently satisfying "autopilot" path. This has a variety of benefits, such as a main thread to connect the floor, as well as more freedom/plausible-deniability to make more intense or specialized scenes in some areas on the basis that players will only find them if they go looking. Anyway, we think it's worth trying: before their respective implementations, the most requested features in the game were sniffing Scarlett and then Cobra's shoes. As far as we can tell, you all enjoy turning over rocks and finding something lewd as much as me and Bo, and we want to take that to the next level by making a floor with lots of nooks and crannies, and more elaborate outcomes than some easter-egg text or a quick ero scene. There's also the completely amazing mechanics I mentioned in the last update but still don't want to spoil, so continue to get hype (and apologies for constantly hitting hype's snooze button). ===

On my end, I'm working on some odds and ends in addition to 7F and 8F. Karen's puppy stuff is on the way, as well as a sort of overhaul/mini-expansion for Lady Cobra. Like Bo, I've been learning more about scripting in Ruby/RGSS3 (RPGM's language), which opens the path to a lot of features I wish I had a long time ago. And more flexibility in functionality gives more flexibility in storytelling. My plan is to add these changes along with 7F, but depending on how long 7F takes, they may be part of an intermediate release similar to the EX/Cleaning update from last year. We're aware that this is the longest gap between releases so far and not any more happy about it than you are, but ultimately the game itself takes priority. Thanks as always for everyone's patience and support.

I

believe he said March, not May.
yeap March just confirmed as i was sure of that to but well there you have it

4.40 star(s) 52 Votes