RPGM Tower of Trample [v1.18.0.4 + Standalone SC3] [Bo Wei/Koda]

4.40 star(s) 52 Votes

LEWDpyon

Aug 18, 2018
Not fire, but maybe make him understand that he needs to move his ass

Not fire koda but maybe hire someone to at least help koda in his shit programming

Koda isn’t the only one who can write/code you people sshould stop acting like he is unique and non replaceble

Like I said,Koda seems far worse than bo, but you cannot say that bo is basically stuck with koda, he enjoys the money and the fact that most lf the hate goes towards Koda.

i get what you want to say, truly I am, but people should be admitting that Bo shares a fair part of the delays and the fact that it has led to this situation
he's replaceable but I doubt that there's many people who would want to clean up or do much cleaning up unless Bo is able to pay them enough but even then, who's to say that they won't screw it up down the line anyway especially if Bo follows through with the 20 floors idea? Even then, with all the disdain and minor controversy surrounding them at this point, would there even be a real benefit to working with Boda?

Last edited:

Sylph Phoenix

Sep 24, 2018
One thing I keep hearing people say is that Bo is just the artist, "what can he do? bo is the artist koda the main programmer and writer" - he's not. Bo is entirely capable of doing coding and does a lot of it, but his code is bad. He's a bit of a chad in how broad his skillset is, he can find a way to do pretty much anything, but he has zero interest in polish. Anyone who's played Bo's older games will know that they are very buggy, very unbalanced, and Bo doesn't give a shit about bugs because he's already moved on to his next project. A bunch of CGs in Heelfall were impossible to access due to bugs, and Bo decided that Koda would fix them. The only redeeming feature about Koda, mostly invisible under his terrible choices and zero sense of responsibility, is that he's not content with a buggy product and makes an effort to bring the code and content to a standard that Bo doesn't have any patience for.

Don't give Bo a pass because 'hey, he's not a coder' - yeah he is, he just doesn't give a shit. He said Koda overcomplicates the code but those are the words of a sloppy developer naming code he doesn't understand as overcomplicated. I'd sit down and give a seminar on the most 'overcomplicated' parts of ToT and explain what it was before and why it's better now if I expected it could change minds.

Most criticisms of Koda will get a like from me because the man just won't accept any advice, and he has heard a lot of it from me, but christ, the man is the better coder of the two by far and it's because he's actually trying.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Mar 10, 2020
One thing I keep hearing people say is that Bo is just the artist, "what can he do? bo is the artist koda the main programmer and writer" - he's not. Bo is entirely capable of doing coding and does a lot of it, but his code is bad. He's a bit of a chad in how broad his skillset is, he can find a way to do pretty much anything, but he has zero interest in polish. Anyone who's played Bo's older games will know that they are very buggy, very unbalanced, and Bo doesn't give a shit about bugs because he's already moved on to his next project. A bunch of CGs in Heelfall were impossible to access due to bugs, and Bo decided that Koda would fix them. The only redeeming feature about Koda, mostly invisible under his terrible choices and zero sense of responsibility, is that he's not content with a buggy product and makes an effort to bring the code and content to a standard that Bo doesn't have any patience for.

Don't give Bo a pass because 'hey, he's not a coder' - yeah he is, he just doesn't give a shit. He said Koda overcomplicates the code but those are the words of a sloppy developer naming code he doesn't understand as overcomplicated. I'd sit down and give a seminar on the most 'overcomplicated' parts of ToT and explain what it was before and why it's better now if I expected it could change minds.

Most criticisms of Koda will get a like from me because the man just won't accept any advice, and he has heard a lot of it from me, but christ, the man is the better coder of the two by far and it's because he's actually trying.

Thanks for the insight. So Bo made Heelfall to give Koda time to finish the other projects left behind, but also expected Koda to fix any bugs to his new side project? I also read plenty of pages ago that some volunteered to code for Bo in hopes to replace Koda, but Bo was unsatisfied with the level of their programming in comparison to Koda. If Bo sees Koda's coding overcomplicated because he does not understand it, how can he say that while the volunteers' programming were good, it's inferior compared to Koda? Is Bo lying? Also, since you understand the intricacies of Koda's coding and the simple genius behind it, doesn't that make you qualify to replace him? Would you replace him? I heard you worked on Tiffany's Trap.

Sylph Phoenix

Sep 24, 2018
If Bo sees Koda's coding overcomplicated because he does not understand it, how can he say that while the volunteers' programming were good, it's inferior compared to Koda? Is Bo lying?
That Bo allegedly said Koda complicated the code with the implication that it is worse off has gotten my knickers in a twist because of how dishonest it is. I haven't seen the quotes or anything so I can't make much of a call on that though.

Also, since you understand the intricacies of Koda's coding and the simple genius behind it, doesn't that make you qualify to replace him? Would you replace him? I heard you worked on Tiffany's Trap.
I could, but it's not a very smart use of my time. I'm a full time software engineer, so I don't have a heap of free time. RPG Maker work isn't a great hobby to do consistently either, I've only done small contributions here and there. I'm uh... also a bit too expensive, but we don't need to go into that :BootyTime:

SSDiamond

Apr 20, 2020
I would argue that Bo taking F8 into his own hands is him forcing Koda to work. He isn’t allowed to touch F8 unless he at least finishes F7. As long as that continues I believe they will be moving in the right direction.

LEWDpyon

Aug 18, 2018
I would argue that Bo taking F8 into his own hands is him forcing Koda to work. He isn’t allowed to touch F8 unless he at least finishes F7. As long as that continues I believe they will be moving in the right direction.
Oh it is, but that doesn't stop Koda from touching it anyway. If I would guess what would happen is that F8 comes out first, becoming the new F7 it's alright but then regardless of any general progress even if he's 99.9999999% finished, will stop what he's doing to add in extra content or bug fixes. It's happened with Jessica, it happened with all of Bo's side projects (minus Hallow Mansion) even Heelfall where Bo tried to make it Koda free. So who's to say it doesn't happen here?

SSDiamond

Apr 20, 2020
Oh it is, but that doesn't stop Koda from touching it anyway. If I would guess what would happen is that F8 comes out first, becoming the new F7 it's alright but then regardless of any general progress even if he's 99.9999999% finished, will stop what he's doing to add in extra content or bug fixes. It's happened with Jessica, it happened with all of Bo's side projects (minus Hallow Mansion) even Heelfall where Bo tried to make it Koda free. So who's to say it doesn't happen here?
I have more faith this time precisely because he worked on heelfall and it spiraled out of control. Patrons weren’t happy about that at all. I really doubt Bo will cave and let him touch F8 before at least F7 is done.

John Bon Clay

Jul 14, 2020
It's all bullshit anyway, let's face it and look at facts first?
Floor 7 was promised like 2 years ago? and announced 3 years ago? or similar, a long time either way.
They have released heelfall? updated tiffany's trap and released that game with a witch (with big hat) and you just fail to get scenes? filler game deluxe? As they all are but that one is painfully filler!
Everyone wants tower of trample? and what do we get? not even a completion of crow? some jester jessica, is that one even complete? well we might another half made villainess too? We might get other semi-good games as heelfall too!

but what we will not get is tower of fucking trample floor 7 and above!
Either it's like milfy city or what it's called, doing other projects, but can't complete main project because the majority of patreons support that game and the dev can't compete with his masterpiece. So releasing sub games to ease the hate and gain more suckers for their patreons is the way to do it? commercially too.
Or he and boda ran out of ideas! then their business is history either way

bagofbats

Oct 18, 2020
I more compare this to the whole Pokemon Sword and Shield debacle where there are autists on both sides especially since there as this community is in an overall stagnant zone where it started off decent, Koda grew lazy, people got pissed but by then there has already been a community that blindly defend those decisions while on the other hand there are the pissed off people who take at every chance to bash the hell out of Boda's decisions becoming more annoying (hell one person apparently got depressed because of the delays :FacePalm:). Many people get bored, while the harshest defenders leave for better healthier pastures leaving a new generation of people doing the same electric boogaloo but with a different flavor. A great example is GearlessJoe one of the people here who was the most critical of Boda eventually deciding to give it a rest. Now it's a pattern of Boda revealing something cool, people look at it with complete hopes/cynicism, it gets delayed multiple times, people start talking about the pateron bashing the hell out of people who pay, one of the Pateron pledgers comes from the woodwork and tries to clap back only for the voices of the f95 people shout them down, while the reverse happens on the discord server where there are mods in both areas who end up deleting some of the discussions for whatever reason whether it makes sense or not. the product gets released if at all, people coonsoom, give their thoughts, then the cycle repeats. I just stay here just to randomly spark discussion, bring in my own 2 senses (even if what I have to say is often so long that you could turn it into a script), and generally lurk more than bashing boda at this point.

But I'd say that a part of that also comes from Koda's overall behavior as he often comes off as a lazy disingenuous ass that's easy to pick on often being compared to yanderedev. He knows he's the problem but never truly changes only getting worse. Bowei is better but not by much with tracing and plagiarism allegations on top of passively dealing with Koda's problem like how he doesn't want Koda to add extra things to his side projects and often tries to make it impossible only for Koda to do it anyway accomplishing nothing and wasting everyone's time. With how passive Bowei is about Koda, it's extremely easy to get the impression that he's mooching off of the slowly shrinking patron money.

Plus this is also a game that originally filled a niche that was often neglected or given much attention. So starved of that content, many want this project to flourish and not falter like many projects that attempted to fulfill that niche. Even then, the competitors don't really fill that niche the way Boda's works does (despite most of the competition are better with better devs behind the wheel).

And just like the Pokemon Sword and Shield decacle, there are people who try to make sense of this coming up with crazy theories, talking about things they have no complete understanding of, theorizing the possible mental issues of real-life people, Talking or acting like their word is objective fact to law, grandstanding, misrepresenting of arguments, stereotyping from both sides, moderators coming in threatening for order only for the voices to preemptively shoo them off, the spreading of misinformation, and assholes, assholes everywhere I'm an asshole you're an asshole the next person who posts after me is an asshole. It's a mess that's both entertaining and sad.
Thanks, very insightful :)

Reactions: bazelgeuse

bagofbats

Oct 18, 2020

Never saw RPGMaker code before but as a programmer myself this particular section is pretty easy to understand. But usually anything text based isn't too hard anyway. I guess something like Miss Claus' mistletoe parkour was complicated since the engine isn't made for action sequences and it looks shoehorned in and made from scratch.
I'm curious about the QTEs though. Is this a built RPGmaker framework or did Koda make it all by himself?

Tbh the whole code should go open source anyway. At this point money donations don't seem to bring the development forward but maybe some coders could make some worthwhile contributions. There's people who make entire open source software for free, I bet there's at least one person who would gladly work on the game just so it progresses.

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020
Jessica has a good ass and that’s mostly all that matters to me. She’s a bit chubby but not enough to be a turn off for me. Don’t really get the hate for her other than the fact that she came out during a bad time for the game.
Ngl, Jessica's ass is pretty full and enthralling. Not to mention, the spooky theme is also pretty enticing.

Isn't the game you're talking about the one with the yokais and the protagonist trying to climb a mountain ? Played it long ago, it was really good, even though I don't remember a lot about it. I guess that the existence of that game only reinforce the idea that this kind of gameplay would be doable and fun with the battler screen.

And concerning the idea of an overworld chase, it could be fun, but I don't think that any of the existing floors are complex or interesting enough that you could make a chase fun. Perhaps that floor 7 and 8 will have more complex structures but at this moment, adding such a gameplay change might need for Bo Wei and Koda to redesign some floors, which would definitely add to the development time and multiple delays that are still being experienced.
That would be the game. I've only played the first version up to the first boss. As for implementing a chase scene in ToT, I still think a chase scene could be implemented. While the floors are small, I think there is enough room for a girl could chase Ethan through them up/ down the tower. The key thing here is that if Ethan is caught he is caught in front of another warden who can add to his humiliation.

New CG from discord
Thank you for sharing this cg. I hope we will all be seeing more of her soon but sadly I think we all know how that is going to go... Yet again...

Reactions: Pic and fanboi

fanboi

Engaged Member
Apr 19, 2018
Ngl, Jessica's ass is pretty full and enthralling. Not to mention, the spooky theme is also pretty enticing.
Jessica's ass is incredible. I hope when they add more content for her somewhere down the line that you are allowed to sleep in her bed with your face in her crack, maybe if you are dressed as her dummy.

That would be the game. I've only played the first version up to the first boss. As for implementing a chase scene in ToT, I still think a chase scene could be implemented. While the floors are small, I think there is enough room for a girl could chase Ethan through them up/ down the tower. The key thing here is that if Ethan is caught he is caught in front of another warden who can add to his humiliation.
A chase scene like that sounds really cool and could be a vehicle for different wardens to interact.

Thank you for sharing this cg. I hope we will all be seeing more of her soon but sadly I think we all know how that is going to go... Yet again...
To be fair, it's Bo doing F8 and he's been much better when it comes to deadlines than Koda. Still wouldn't count on anything given the history of delays though.

Mar 18, 2018

That is actually pretty easy to understand. He's just made Lily a class which has variables for choosing different faces.

Reactions: PromiseSteele

Pic

May 13, 2017
Copy-Paste from Discord:

Koda May (7F) Progress Report
Hi everyone. Per the previous report, I have multiple stuck projects that progressing slowly in part because I keep switching between them. After consideration, I've decided to first focus on finally finishing 7F in ToT.

Aside from being a large floor that everyone has been waiting on for a long time, it's very important to me that it's finished before 8F.

This month I've finally migrated it to the current project file, fixing related bugs (database mismatches, deprecated scripts, etc.) as well as further refining the gameplay loop, polishing the many scenes, and especially trying to deepen the combat and post-game to fully realize the large map and concept.

The ETA is once again simply "before 8F" which Bo has scheduled by the end of July.

Apologies to folks still waiting for Level:0, as I know some patrons joined specifically for that. I intend to complete Level:0 after 7F, and Swan+Crow III after that. Please note this means both are still a few months out if it affects your interest in remaining subscribed.

Thanks as always for everyone's patience and support. If you're curious about 8F, see Bo's Patreon post which includes some yummy pictures. For 8F I am only helping with the screenplay for now, similar to Heelfall's initial release.

4.40 star(s) 52 Votes