2.30 star(s) 114 Votes

NakkiMuki

Dec 14, 2021
In previous versions

Cons
- I get more sexual content by reading the daily news in the newspaper.
- slowburn may be ok, but if that content doesn't exist at all and now I'm not talking about that shitty dream world.
- I was already throwing a towel in the ring a couple of times when nothing happens, but now in the new version the whole fucking ring is filled with towels just because there is a sandbox.

In this new version.

cons
- fucking sandbox. That's enough. I'm giving up. I ignored this game.

If something good has to be said, then the female characters are good-looking, but the fact that nothing happens kills the enthusiasm for them as well.

Is dev just crazy or an idiot. Or this its a way to kill a game and get an Abandoned tag on the door.

m0us3r

Nov 28, 2020
most retarded gameplay ever
Well said!

(1) Clicking 30 times where I shouldn't have to click at all.
(2) And still not finding how to progress.
(3) The second night the dream just repeats without any progress. What for?.. If I want to repeat an event I'll just reload it...

I am very grateful to 9thCrux for all his hard work...
And I hope he will change this approach.
In the current state it's unplayable.

JGNeon

Feb 24, 2021
In previous versions

Cons
- I get more sexual content by reading the daily news in the newspaper.
- slowburn may be ok, but if that content doesn't exist at all and now I'm not talking about that shitty dream world.
- I was already throwing a towel in the ring a couple of times when nothing happens, but now in the new version the whole fucking ring is filled with towels just because there is a sandbox.

In this new version.

cons
- fucking sandbox. That's enough. I'm giving up. I ignored this game.

If something good has to be said, then the female characters are good-looking, but the fact that nothing happens kills the enthusiasm for them as well.

Is dev just crazy or an idiot. Or this its a way to kill a game and get an Abandoned tag on the door.
I've yet to play the new update, but comments like yours tells me it might not be worth the effort (that's not on you, though, that's on the dev).

Sandbox can work, but only if it's done right, and the devs know what they're doing. Based only on what I've read in this thread so far about the new update, this is neither. Sandbox works as gameplay only if it isn't an endless grind to get any form of progress, and there's a proper hint system in place (where you can find tasks that will progress the game or a specific storyline in the game).

Up to the 0.25.1 update (the previous update, if I remember correctly), TP:TCND played out as a linear story, with a very slow burn (probably too slow, given how MC and his daughter already started experimenting at some points, and I remember that update ended with MC's ex visiting their house, putting a pause on the MC+daughter relationship, shortly before the "big line crossing" could happen.

Given what I'm reading about this new update, it will most likely discourage both existing and new players from downloading and playing this game/VN, which will also happen to the dev's supporters.

And yes, technically F95 is sometimes classed as a "pirate" site, but it isn't ONLY a pirate site, in that case. It's also a platform for devs/creators to market their games, stories, comics, etc. to a new crowd. If people like their stuff enough, that will convert to new financial supporters on Patreon/SubscribeStar (or other financial support platforms).

Abandoning a VN/game's story progression on a so-to-speak cliffhanger, just to change directions completely, is a surefire way to drop financial supporters very quickly, and at the same time discourage new potential supporters from forking over their hard-earned dough.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
And yes, technically F95 is sometimes classed as a "pirate" site,
Not technically, it IS a piracy site. That's what it was created for and that's it's intended purpose.

The only reason devs use it to advertise their game is because it has a massive amount of traffic and they can get their game noticed by more people but the sites main purpose is still to steal those games.

Springbuck

Jun 28, 2018
I have tried the new version of the game and find it to be frustrating. I liked the old version. I liked the characters and the story but I find no joy in this rework. I will continue to monitor this site but will not download any further content until the original style is restored. Im out.

BOBJevent

Feb 23, 2020
Thanks for the 'slow burn warning' on the OP page.
I'm just here for the pretty pictures so I'll have to go elsewhere for a frap. :ROFLMAO:

lordofevilcr

Donor
Oct 15, 2017
It doesn't look good as far as improvements but good for a shit show. I wanted to give the EX version a shot but it's pretty much the demo with a daily grind style tacked on. The dev keeps claiming EX was his plan all along, but every detail is tacked on after the fact. He claims both long-term planning and spontaneity as his development style. His latest post is pretty hilarious, related to the dialogue he's gotten a lot of flack for...

"There is something silly and amazing about writing like that; I can go back and read old episodes and it almost feels like someone else wrote them. Some people have complained that I don't follow typical story structure and that my dialogs are not like in real life.

In my defense, I should tell you that I'm not trying to show you the real world; I'm showing you how the world in my stories look like. I follow narrative structure but at my own pace and with my own quirks. Some have complained about my dialogs; they say "Who talks like that!?" My answer is very simple... they do, my characters do; that is how the talk in the world withing my story."

Honestly the dialogue did seem to improve a little grammar-wise but nothing near outside the realm of robots bleeping "hello, good food, yum, cute, time for class, hi MC, yes past troubles, sleepover?" There's one moment where the youngest, Emily, says "I unabashedly support all first-responders like policemen." LOL
Quite a while ago, I even tried to help the dev by trying to correct the script (they sent me bits of the script). Despite them initiating the need for feedback, they got really defensive when I gave a long list of improvements, proceeded to not use them, and said they've fixed it by paying for Grammarly...

I love the art in this game, but the dev is an asshat.

"CJ"

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 6, 2021
The Class Next Door: EX [v0.3.1] [9thCrux] crunched

Original / Compressed Size PC*: 1,28 GB / 216 MB - TCNDEX-0.3.1-pc-crunched.zip
Original / Compressed Size Mac: 1,xx GB / 182 MB - TCNDEX-0.3.1-mac-crunched.zip

Download (PC*/Mac): - -

(y)L O A D 'n' L I K E - If you L O A D it then L I K E it!(y) If not, like it anyway!(y) Thanks!;)

This compression is unofficial and untested, use at your own risk.
Compressing process reduces quality and can break the game.

*PC = Win+Linux

Tools: UnRen v.0.11-old(v2) (VepsrP/Sam@f95zone) - YAC v3.3 (hngg@f95zone) -

Last edited:

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
Every patch changelog "insert lewd-dream reference here". Everytime I see this game on update page is that.

I'm all in with slow burn, but this is cooking with sunlight. If only the story was good, or there was something to engage into game, but no. There's no substance.

I know the dev probably won't care anymore, but take a look for Summer's Gone for example. It's a great example of slow burn where the adult stuff is secondary and blends perfectly into the story. You're wasting your talents, specially with such good looking characters, and losing supporters due being stuborn, I'm sorry.

I don't want to derail because I'm pretty sure some will use this to simply brag against the dev, I don't want that. But man, at least see the criticism of people who try to give valid points and want to give a chance to your game. I don't want x content, I don't want scenes with y girl, I just want substance and base to enjoy your game. Because as I said, like this you're simply wasting your talents and losing patronage. But whatever, you're the one developping the game I guess.

Mikey Mike

Feb 18, 2018
WTF, I go to the antique store, restaurant, and hotel and click, click, click, on the gears and NOTHING happens. How can you advance in the game if it doesn't work?

NakkiMuki

Dec 14, 2021
I've yet to play the new update, but comments like yours tells me it might not be worth the effort (that's not on you, though, that's on the dev).

Sandbox can work, but only if it's done right, and the devs know what they're doing. Based only on what I've read in this thread so far about the new update, this is neither. Sandbox works as gameplay only if it isn't an endless grind to get any form of progress, and there's a proper hint system in place (where you can find tasks that will progress the game or a specific storyline in the game).

Up to the 0.25.1 update (the previous update, if I remember correctly), TP:TCND played out as a linear story, with a very slow burn (probably too slow, given how MC and his daughter already started experimenting at some points, and I remember that update ended with MC's ex visiting their house, putting a pause on the MC+daughter relationship, shortly before the "big line crossing" could happen.

Given what I'm reading about this new update, it will most likely discourage both existing and new players from downloading and playing this game/VN, which will also happen to the dev's supporters.

And yes, technically F95 is sometimes classed as a "pirate" site, but it isn't ONLY a pirate site, in that case. It's also a platform for devs/creators to market their games, stories, comics, etc. to a new crowd. If people like their stuff enough, that will convert to new financial supporters on Patreon/SubscribeStar (or other financial support platforms).

Abandoning a VN/game's story progression on a so-to-speak cliffhanger, just to change directions completely, is a surefire way to drop financial supporters very quickly, and at the same time discourage new potential supporters from forking over their hard-earned dough.
Although the F95 is a "pirate site", it still has a big impact on which direction the games go. That crowd here is big and if it yells, it always shakes things in some direction. The number of members who write here is only a fraction of how many people here move and download games. If the game loses players here, then it will definitely show up in the game’s support forces as well. There are 4.6 million members here.

It’s true that a sandbox can work, but it requires many things. One of them is navigation. Here it is badly ruined. For a long time you have to look for a game with even poorer navigation.

May 30, 2020
Wow..really..i men REALLY? Transforming a working decision based model to sandbox???
Why? Please elaborate.
Some hints, if you want to create a sandbox game follow some guidelines:

There should be some reason, dynamics, diversity of options, choices to make sandbox reasonable
Give a hint system (you cancelled rollback before decisions, after freeroam is started you dont have a clue what you wanted to do

Im so pissed off...it was a good game, slow burn but great characters, renders, story. Now you fucked up. Sincerely

2.30 star(s) 114 Votes