RPGM [Translation Request] Belial Red v1.0

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Since I so far had no luck in the other thread I might as well ask here.
I'm looking for testers for a DMTL prototype.
I basically just need someone to play through the game using my translation and to report problems, horrible translations, etc. by sending me screenshots of them and whenever possible save files to reproduce them.
If someone is willing to do that PM me. (Start Conversation)

I will not continue this project unless someone is actually willing to use it.

Edit: Project cancelled. Nobody cared enough and the files are completely outdated now.
Also sounds like it's getting an official translation.

Last edited:

Dima1999

Oct 20, 2018
Since I so far had no luck in the other thread I might as well ask here.
I'm looking for testers for a DMTL prototype.
I basically just need someone to play through the game using my translation and to report problems, horrible translations, etc. by sending me screenshots of them and whenever possible save files to reproduce them.
If someone is willing to do that PM me. (Start Conversation)

I will not continue this project unless someone is actually willing to use it.
Why don't you just share the patch for everyone to review? Bug checking by many people is much better than having just one person do it. Sorry if this is a dumb question but I don't really understand what the problem is.

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Why don't you just share the patch for everyone to review? Bug checking by many people is much better than having just one person do it. Sorry if this is a dumb question but I don't really understand what the problem is.
The problem is this forum's way of handling game threads.
People just take my translations and make Game-Release threads out of them without checking if it's broken, or not, and even if I get ownership of that thread I'm not allowed to change the download links myself, I can only request them to be updated and that has a long cooldown.
I'm a bit tired of waking up to an inbox of complaints about my "shitty broken translation" of entitled kids from the game thread who don't understand that I neither made the thread, nor can I fix it.
DeepL based stuff is super inconsistent. So it's very unlikely that everything works as intended from the start.

Also you make it sound like I have a cap on testers. Everyone can pm me saying they want to test the game and I'll send it to them. I just wont publish it openly in the thread unless it's tested.

Not a single person has offered to test this yet so I doubt there's a lot of demand anyways.
While pretty much all my projects are direct requests the original requester is sometimes long gone before I finish the translation.
So I just bring the request to an early prototype stage and then pause it until I have a person who cares enough about it to test it.
That way if I actually finish something there's at least one person who actually cared about it and I didn't waste my time.

Edit: That stuff wont be much of an issue in the future though because I'm pretty much getting rid of my time intensive DMTL format. It doesn't matter how much I polish them, they can't fully replace a proper translation, and so they get the same amount of hate as much lower quality stuff.
The replacement format (SLRMTL) has significantly worse translation quality, but it's so insanely consistent that I really don't have to worry about bugs and crashes, and it's still good enough to follow the story and not get stuck. I'm basically just trying to fulfill all my remaining DMTL requests while no longer taking new ones.

Last edited:

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
The problem is this forum's way of handling game threads.
People just take my translations and make Game-Release threads out of them without checking if it's broken, or not, and even if I get ownership of that thread I'm not allowed to change the download links myself, I can only request them to be updated and that has a long cooldown.
If you own the thread we have no problem with you changing links to fix bugs, or update the game version etc. If you own the thread you can do what you want as long as it follows the rules.

Unfortunately you are correct that many of my colleagues do not bother to properly test game threads when they make them especially so when people get harassed for shit they had no control over by the crybabies. That being said as the translator if a thread is created form a translation you created you can request ownership of the thread. I can't guarantee you will always get it since it isn't up to me or any uploader to make that call but it has been allowed in the past.

Might give you more control and lessen the hate mail. speaking of which, if you see hate mail coming from the same people report the messages whether they are DMs or in thread. Don't need to deal with people's bullshit. Fuck that shit. If people insist on harassing you they will find themselves getting their asses banned.

Reactions: Shisaye