RPGM [Translation Request] 異世界出身の私が歌舞伎町で闇バイト始めました [BBQ Lover]

BodaC

Jun 30, 2022
So played it. Amazing art as always from BBQ Lover. Just keep in mind the story isn't top tier or anything. It's actually below average, and even the gameplay feels grindier than Nebel Geisterjaeger. In Nebel, 2 hrs in (after learning curve) I had seen 5-7 unique, full CGs. The only full sized CGs for this game are the endings and two separate events, and those full CG scenes dont have any amazing dialogue in them. The majority of the scenes you will see are mini CGs that happen around town, and I think there are only 5 unique mini CGs for those. Memory Room has all those, I think 20, taking up most of the space.

BBQ Lover is definitely capable of making better. Devs even put an easter egg character in Memory Room that talks about their upcoming NTR work, and a literal 3D shooter lewd game that actually looks good. I won't lie and say I was expecting this. BBQ Lover priced Nebel at 13.09 on DLsite and this is sitting at 7.27 full price. I did play this game for half the amount of Nebel but I saw a quarter of the content in volume compared to Nebel. Mainly saying all this so ppl have the right expectations. Definitely look forward to BBQ Lover later works tho.

Also because of all the backgrounds that either looks IRL or is actually irl, and the lack of accommodating content, this game feels more like a love letter to Kabukicho than a fully fleshed out hentai game.

EDIT: THE ART IS AMAZING. I saw on DLSITE that it was Parial Ai use, but they only used Ai to help draw some of the environments. I was about to be a little more disappointed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blake639 and _Nero_

gfurst

Nov 6, 2019
BBQ Lover is definitely capable of making better. Devs even put an easter egg character in Memory Room that talks about their upcoming NTR work, and a literal 3D shooter lewd game that actually looks good. I won't lie and say I was expecting this. BBQ Lover priced Nebel at 13.09 on DLsite and this is sitting at 7.27 full price. I did play this game for half the amount of Nebel but I saw a quarter of the content in volume compared to Nebel. Mainly saying all this so ppl have the right expectations. Definitely look forward to BBQ Lover later works tho.

Also because of all the backgrounds that either looks IRL or is actually irl, and the lack of accommodating content, this game feels more like a love letter to Kabukicho than a fully fleshed out hentai game.
To be fair, they mentioned since the start of development that this was a small side project, really a love letter to his/her timer spent living there, they mentioned going around and gathering stories form inhabitants, even though not there wasn't as much degeneracy as they thought, the game somewhat reflects that, going around and hearing people's stories.

Imho, the game ended up being quite more than it promissed originally, it does take a bit of grind to get to the good stuff, but I think that was just me fumbling around aimlessly, they made rather complex job system for what was supposed to be a short game, but as usual they included tons of FAQ type info within the game. And of course being in japanese also can make it hard since some key info may be easily missed.

But as you mentioned, the main scenes will be open just at the end, and that's when you're locked into the "bad end" (meaning high lewd). all other H content is sprinkled around and somewhat random scenes, but they were good enough too imo, also worth noting most of these are anal only.

Either way I haven't finished it still, but might make a short guide later on if people are interested.

BodaC

Jun 30, 2022
To be fair, they mentioned since the start of development that this was a small side project, really a love letter to his/her timer spent living there, they mentioned going around and gathering stories form inhabitants, even though not there wasn't as much degeneracy as they thought, the game somewhat reflects that, going around and hearing people's stories.

Imho, the game ended up being quite more than it promissed originally, it does take a bit of grind to get to the good stuff, but I think that was just me fumbling around aimlessly, they made rather complex job system for what was supposed to be a short game, but as usual they included tons of FAQ type info within the game. And of course being in japanese also can make it hard since some key info may be easily missed.

But as you mentioned, the main scenes will be open just at the end, and that's when you're locked into the "bad end" (meaning high lewd). all other H content is sprinkled around and somewhat random scenes, but they were good enough too imo, also worth noting most of these are anal only.

Either way I haven't finished it still, but might make a short guide later on if people are interested.
After I typed up those comment's I went and played even more BBQ Lover games (Spirit Squeezing Devil, and Shokuo Shojo) I'm pretty sure that before this game, Spirit Squeezing devil was their lowest budget game, but this new game still doesn't change the fact that I have nothing but respect for the games BBQ makes. Maybe if I actually followed their ci-en or wherever they post I would've had the right expectations for this one. I barely played Nebel last month so the quality of BBQ's games was still fresh in my mind. Even if this game wasn't the best they could do (even with the lower budget) no one can argue that this still isn't a unique game with amazing art and a better management simulator than some other higher budget ones.

gfurst

Nov 6, 2019
Spirit Squeezing devil was their lowest budget game, but this new game still doesn't change the fact that I have nothing but respect for the games BBQ makes. Maybe if I actually followed their ci-en or wherever they post I would've had the right expectations for this one. I barely played Nebel last month so the quality of BBQ's games was still fresh in my mind.
I doubt the Devil one was their lowest budget, even tho it might be simplest one in terms of gameplay, just hiring a voice actor is already a big jump. I don't remember how they judged it back it the day, but I think it was a bit more of a experimentation with both NTR and ASMR elements.
The Tailed girl, was the most standard they've done yet, probably lower budget too, that was so well received that kicked off their other experiments, its also one of my favorites too, and imo, even though its a ntr focused game, the ntr scene was so good that it got them going down that route.
Besides that, Nebel was definitely their most ambitious project yet, and as one might a little bit too ambitius, but I'm glad they take the courage to experiment, And same with this one, even though it was done as side a project between other two, its quite unique indeed, and I hope they eventually get back to make a more focused management/slice-of-life type game again.

gfurst

Nov 6, 2019
So I finally got around to finish it yesterday, I have to say I was quite pleased with it, probably will go back to review those scene because they were some of the best in a long while.
Later it got me thinking, they mentioned in their ci-en the art inconsistency issue, which I really wasn't bothered about, but now I see, all of the base CG was still done by the previous artist (the one from Nebel), so he probably done that quite a long time ago, but they asked another random artist to do some of the generic poses/lewds, and there you can tell the difference in style. Also of note, this is not their new artist either, but the one working in the priest ntr game, also has some pretty decent art and I'm looking forward to it

On another topic, the game is fairly short and easy to get through, it took me near 10h, but that's probably me fumbling around the start, so I'll a quick guide to help future players.
  • the main stats are MP AP and Enjoyment*, the latter is the one inside the circle and what defines the lewd level, the steps are 200% 400% and 500%, it is raised by harassment events, however you do not need to grind it, because most good meals will increase it as well
  • initially only dirty jobs are available, that you can go by subway, you can work them until a warning that max bonus as been reached, from then out you will not get extra info or bonus out of them (there maybe exceptions like the construction place), but by then other places will open up
  • the Golden Gai area only offers temp jobs, they generally ask for cleaning consuming your AP, however sometimes it will consume MP and I couldn't figure out why, it takes a lot of AP but the reward ratio is generally higher, you need to go to the places via train, and sadly no train molestation scene either
  • there are two places you can eat at, I forgot the kanji, but some you will also get extra info while dining there, you can tell by hearing random dialog from other costumers, which in turn open more places where you can go, and imo waaay too much eating in this game.
    the higher grade foods are also fairly strong in regenerating AP and MP, and there is some more factors, like spicy food is stronger for MP, hearty food is better for AP, stuff like that which I really didn't remember too much, so don't worry about
  • there is also a flyer handing job you can do at one of main streets, and its also essential to progressing the story, so its a good idea to do these at night while working regular jobs at day, the girl that works with you will eventually go on to working a Nightclub which is also where you should go next,
    after 200% feels, you can start working other jobs, but the only ones that have scenes are tattoo parlor and the nightclub, you also need the bunny costume which you can buy at the shinto shrine (why would they sell that there?)
  • lastly, the doomsday clock doesn't tick up, unless you enter the nightclub with MP higher than feels, it is barely mentioned but apparently she has virgin shield in place, which only goes off on the BadEnd, until then its anal action only
    there are a few places where you can also go to a nameless street, and fight random thugs or yakuza, so its a good place to waste you MP on and/or get a few lewds early on
  • addendum, every time you sleep a portion of your MP goes to the final boss, and the difficulty sets how much, there is also the sidequest with the roommate and some other hidden scenes which can get you a lot of money, with 40万円 you can buy a ID which also opens up regular jobs in the main street to the east, but imo besides that there is not much to do with money, so spend away on those meals

timurotbasaroglu

May 24, 2018
Honestly, BBQ should have been further improve and develop Nebel, instead of this.
Cuz this game isn't even mediocre, it seems that he wasted his time...

The killing Goku

Oct 20, 2019
Damn man, this game is like 3 gigs huge, but according to the dlsite description there's barely any content at all.
At 12 CG I think you can barely call it a full size game to begin with, but still 3 gigs. That's just nuts.