RPGM [Translation Request] Sheath Shoujo ~Aloof Girl is Thrown Into Another Parallel World~ (RJ275785)

abane

Apr 18, 2017
1686278711479.png

Title: Sheath Shoujo ~Aloof Girl is Thrown Into Another Parallel World~

Store:
Censored: Yes
Version: 1.8
Language: Japanese (requesting JP to English TL)

Story: A BF turn-based RPG, Sayaka gets sent to another world where she has the potential to become a "sheathing sorcerer," able to use her many "sheaths," to satisfy mens "swords". With no others ways to earn a living in this new world, she fights "swordsmen" adventurers, her new reality slowly takes a turn for the depraved...

Download

Preview Images: 1686278419159.png 1686278431985.png 1686278749974.png 1686278453636.png

Reactions: Anthony151201

shiion1

Mar 1, 2017
Art looks good (also I think dev is releasing new game soon)
I saw that you request mtl from Shisaye.. will wait for it as well.

Reactions: abane

lusciousboy01

Nov 15, 2017
I tried translating this game using the CustomTranslationEngine plugin. But I couldn't figure out how to use "Defining Custom Values" feature of the plugin so I couldn't translate text from other plugins and plugin coded text. I would really appreciate if someone can help me in that regard or maybe suggest a similar plugin.

I pretty much didn't touch the base files of the game. So, you can face with bad translations becaue of my mistakes but you (theoratically) can't face a game-breaking bug. If you opened the game and it is completely in Japanese, make sure you set the game language to English in Options.

Translations are stored in www\languages folder. You can fix any mistake you find yourself from the EN.txt file easily. Untranslated version of the file, JP.txt, is in the same folder.

Lastly, there is a serious wordwrap problem in this game. Because the developer decided to use custom textboxes mostly. The default EN.txt is wordwrapped by me but if you don't like it I also left a No Wordwrap version in the same folder.

Note: I didn't playtest this game because I hate it. I just needed a random game to test how to use the plugin and I am regretting choosing this. Still, if you face a game-breaking bug aside from the listed ones, post here and I will try to help.

Link:

• Red Heart
Reactions: Nick_1357

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
I tried translating this game using the CustomTranslationEngine plugin. But I couldn't figure out how to use "Defining Custom Values" feature of the plugin so I couldn't translate text from other plugins and plugin coded text. I would really appreciate if someone can help me in that regard or maybe suggest a similar plugin.

I pretty much didn't touch the base files of the game. So, you can face with bad translations becaue of my mistakes but you (theoratically) can't face a game-breaking bug. If you opened the game and it is completely in Japanese, make sure you set the game language to English in Options.

Translations are stored in www\languages folder. You can fix any mistake you find yourself from the EN.txt file easily. Untranslated version of the file, JP.txt, is in the same folder.

Lastly, there is a serious wordwrap problem in this game. Because the developer decided to use custom textboxes mostly. The default EN.txt is wordwrapped by me but if you don't like it I also left a No Wordwrap version in the same folder.

Note: I didn't playtest this game because I hate it. I just needed a random game to test how to use the plugin and I am regretting choosing this. Still, if you face a game-breaking bug aside from the listed ones, post here and I will try to help.

Link:
After a specific request I was working on a SLRMTL for this. I'm not entirely sure about your method of translation. I tend to make a rough translation with Translator++ and then for the rest edit the game files directly.
I will stop my project for now.

What exactly is your translation missing?
How does that plugin work? What's the issue with the custom boxes?
This game has a lot of plugin text effect stuff like namepop, Info, activemessage, choicehelp, D_Text, etc. Does your method keep the formatting of that?

lusciousboy01

Nov 15, 2017
After a specific request I was working on a SLRMTL for this. I'm not entirely sure about your method of translation. I tend to make a rough translation with Translator++ and then for the rest edit the game files directly.
I will stop my project for now.

What exactly is your translation missing?
How does that plugin work? What's the issue with the custom boxes?
This game has a lot of plugin text effect stuff like namepop, Info, activemessage, choicehelp, D_Text, etc. Does your method keep the formatting of that?
CustomTranslationEngine plugin extracts the base game texts automatically. However for plugin coded texts such as "Sexual Status", floating texts, or custom options you need to use "Defining Custom Values" feature to add yourself.
The problem is the plugin is written with Javascript and I know next to nothing about it. That's why I couldn't use this feature even though the plugin writer included a guide in the plugin itself.

Not to mention the problem with the wordwrap. That custom textboxes are real headache because they cut the text completely when it pasts to the sides.

By custom textboxes I mean the ones that pops up during conversation above the characters heads. Short ones are still alright but long conversations are really a problem because sometimes that textboxes supports less than 50 characters.

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
After reading this:

and this:

I'd ask that you please, please don't stop your efforts, Shisaye
From what I've seen his translations are better than SLR.
So it makes more sense to try to complete his translation, if possible.

CustomTranslationEngine plugin extracts the base game texts automatically. However for plugin coded texts such as "Sexual Status", floating texts, or custom options you need to use "Defining Custom Values" feature to add yourself.
The problem is the plugin is written with Javascript and I know next to nothing about it. That's why I couldn't use this feature even though the plugin writer included a guide in the plugin itself.

Not to mention the problem with the wordwrap. That custom textboxes are real headache because they cut the text completely when it pasts to the sides.

By custom textboxes I mean the ones that pops up during conversation above the characters heads. Short ones are still alright but long conversations are really a problem because sometimes that textboxes supports less than 50 characters.
I've made some font changes for you to keep dialogue from cutting off as much.
It doesn't fix everything, but at least loading Save 2 the one NPC screaming at you about the Beast-Ear restaurant now has the full dialogue showing.

Edit: I'm also trying to change the box constraints to fix the rest, but it's not being cooperative, yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: tony8705

lusciousboy01

Nov 15, 2017

I've made some font changes for you to keep dialogue from cutting off as much.
It doesn't fix everything, but at least loading Save 2 the one NPC screaming at you about the Beast-Ear restaurant now has the full dialogue showing.

Edit: I'm also trying to change the box constraints to fix the rest, but it's not being cooperative, yet.
I have tried to change fonts and font size too, but had little success. Most of the fonts I tried looked ugly without earning me much character quota. Font size changing on the other hand, remained unsuccessfull.
Because it works similar to the "Defining Custom Values" feature and I couldn't make either of them work.

On the other hand, I have to start my internship in two days so I don't have much time spend with this game. That's why I uploaded unfinished translation.
You can try to fix this version if you want, I can try to help you as much as I can.
Or, you can completely discard this and focus on your own version.
I have no problem either way so whichever you like.

abane

Apr 18, 2017
Well that goes to show how little I actually know about any of this. I'll yield to you two more knowledgeable people.
And lusciousboy01 , I meant no offense, it just didn't sound like your heart was really in it. If I did, then I apologize.

lusciousboy01

Nov 15, 2017
Well that goes to show how little I actually know about any of this. I'll yield to you two more knowledgeable people.
And lusciousboy01 , I meant no offense, it just didn't sound like your heart was really in it. If I did, then I apologize.
Of course, there is no offense. I really hate this story because of several characters and I couldn't force myself to play it.

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Font size changing on the other hand, remained unsuccessfull.
Just in case you don't already know, in MV if you can't find the font size value anywhere you can add \} in front of any text and it will reduce it's displayed font size by a fixed amount. That also stacks, so \}\} makes it even smaller.
\{ makes things bigger.

Reactions: lusciousboy01

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
This game is a mess and even broken in the original version. (There's some full crashes during certain dialogue I had to fix.)
Also I have no idea what game version lusciousboy01 used so instead of merging I made a completely new translation that "might" work merged.
If you want to use the better dialogue from lusciousboy01 get his version, apply my patch from here and then apply this SLRMTL on top. But if that is not v1.8 you will most likely run into crashes at some point, or the dialogue wont even change.

Here's an edited SugoiV4 MTL for the original Japanese v1.8.

This is not a proofread format, please do not use this for a Game-Release thread.

Known issues:
Picture based text not translated. (The main menu is picture based.)
\r[Text] boxes not translated. (I could technically do that, but the sentences including them make no sense in MTL. Sugoi breaks.)

Installation:
Change your system locale to Japanese(Japan) to rule out Unicode errors. Locale Tutorial
To apply this translation you need to extract the game first.
You can do this by using the .
Just start the "EnigmaVBUnpacker.exe" choose the location of the game executable and click on "unpack". Please verify that this step worked correctly by launching the unpacked game once using the "Game.exe" inside the newly created folder "%DEFAULTFOLDER%" before merging my MTL into it.
Should you just get a white screen on startup rename the "%DEFAULTFOLDER%" to "DEFAULTFOLDER" and try again.
Then you can just extract the SLRMTL to your game folder and overwrite.

If you experience a crash, game-breaking bug, or seriously broken text please post me a screenshot and a short description when it happened. Providing a save just before the problem occurs would drastically increase the speed of the fixing process.

Last edited:

abane

Apr 18, 2017
Thank you for you efforts Shisaye , greatly appreciated! Also thanks for the instuctions on using both yours and lusciousboy's translations togethre. And thank you too lusciousboy01 for your efforts!