[Translation Request] Virgin Lode 2

RandomUser441

May 25, 2021
Hey, this is me just checking that this isn't my computer in the wrong, but I have a question.

I am currently using a MacBook Pro 2015 with Wine version 1.8.6. Some games just don't work with this setup (probably because it's an older version), so I'm not demanding an answer, and can accept if I just need to boot up my Windows Emulator to play this game (or I can't play it at all and I just need to go eat dirt XD).

However, I have run peperoncino games with no real issue on this version of Wine on this MacBook Pro before (including Virgin Lode 1), so it's odd that this one doesn't seem to work. An error message pops up (attached) with the game window being black with a message in Japanese (attached)

I have the patch you added added to the folder, but the top of the window is just a bunch of "???????" so I can't tell if the patch worked or not, but I have to assume it did at least take effect. Is this a locale error? Will going to my emulator with Japanese locale fix it all? Or is it something else?

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
Hey, this is me just checking that this isn't my computer in the wrong, but I have a question.

I am currently using a MacBook Pro 2015 with Wine version 1.8.6. Some games just don't work with this setup (probably because it's an older version), so I'm not demanding an answer, and can accept if I just need to boot up my Windows Emulator to play this game (or I can't play it at all and I just need to go eat dirt XD).

However, I have run peperoncino games with no real issue on this version of Wine on this MacBook Pro before (including Virgin Lode 1), so it's odd that this one doesn't seem to work. An error message pops up (attached) with the game window being black with a message in Japanese (attached)

I have the patch you added added to the folder, but the top of the window is just a bunch of "???????" so I can't tell if the patch worked or not, but I have to assume it did at least take effect. Is this a locale error? Will going to my emulator with Japanese locale fix it all? Or is it something else?
Seeing "????" in error messages is usually evidence of a localisation error. Given where it's failing based on the loading message, 99% sure that's what's happening. I'm not sure how Mac or Wine works, so can't help with how to fix that, but that's almost certainly the issue.

Reactions: RandomUser441

RandomUser441

May 25, 2021
Seeing "????" in error messages is usually evidence of a localisation error. Given where it's failing based on the loading message, 99% sure that's what's happening. I'm not sure how Mac or Wine works, so can't help with how to fix that, but that's almost certainly the issue.
I tried it with my Windows Emulator and it worked great! Thank you very much!

shiion1

Mar 1, 2017
TRANSLATION UPDATE

Alright, this is basically complete as far as an MTL goes. Gonna see how much progress gets made on cleaning up the MTL before I push an official release, but if you're okay with the MTL, this version has everything.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Yo man, thanks for all that translation work. I know its not a "proper 100% official one" but its a work nevertheless, am I right? Gonna check it out later today.

Reactions: MuninKai

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
Yo man, thanks for all that translation work. I know its not a "proper 100% official one" but its a work nevertheless, am I right? Gonna check it out later today.
It should work to the best of my knowledge. Enjoy!

Oct 29, 2020
TRANSLATION UPDATE

Alright, this is basically complete as far as an MTL goes. Gonna see how much progress gets made on cleaning up the MTL before I push an official release, but if you're okay with the MTL, this version has everything.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

is this 100% complete TL ?