None [Translation Request] [縁 -yukari-] Junk Seeker

nivak.mal

Jul 25, 2017
73145802_c687475package.jpg

Title:[縁 -yukari-] Junk Seeker

language: Japan

A rpg with amazing artwork from the Yukari circle and a ton of hardcore rape cgs.
A translation would be great, even if it's mtled. There's apparently a partially unfinished translation patch on the defunct hongfire which i'd appreciate if anyone had the patch
It's an RPG dungeon crawler with turn based combat with choices on the main hub so not really a visual novel.

Download link:

aev050d.jpg aev148e.jpg

Last edited:

PanOp

Jan 20, 2019
I worked on the localization a decade ago, mostly just using machine translation as a base and then manually editing every single line. I would like to see a full translation at some point but it was too much work. Machine Translation has come a long way and it could be combined with the work that was already done on the H-scenes. In my opinion, the main draw of the game is the hentai scenes themselves, not just because of their extreme content but how they are integrated into the main game.

My thoughts after that failed attempt at translating this a long time ago:

1. You make a decision early on which dooms the main female protagonist to the life of a meat toilet, so there are two totally different paths through the game.
  2. The editing of the game itself is pretty easy because it is KuriKuri like the rest of the Yukari games, but many tutorial messages and UI elements are untranslated, so there's a fair bit of work needed to do those and the file size would be too big for Hongfire.
  3. Yukari games have a long history of being terrible towards the female characters, but this is their one game to have a male protagonist, which made the creators way more willing to just give terrible bad ends to everybody constantly.
  4. I like the extra Bad Ending scenes that all of the bad endings converge to.
  5. The gameplay is not good, so I focused on just the hentai aspects of the game. The plot itself is an interesting setting with a really malicious and corrupt establishment.
  6. The game is very buggy. KuriKuri cannot support this type of dungeon crawler.
  7. The dungeon crawler at least has some interesting concepts in it but is super low budget even by Eroge Dungeon Crawler standards.
I've attached the version of the patch from my install directory.

Reactions: seraphiel722