Translation

The_Dante

Nov 10, 2017
Hello Guys,

i'm from germany and have a question..

The games here are in english, is there any way to translate it in german for example?
i want to translate it for my own

Best regards

Dante

Cyan

Jul 25, 2017
Hello Guys,

i'm from germany and have a question..

The games here are in english, is there any way to translate it in german for example?
i want to translate it for my own

Best regards

Dante
Unfortunately the only real way to do it, is to have someone (who is fluent in both languages), translate it. Dialog can be translated using google translate, or other services, but those typically aren't very good.

As for the module itself for any particular game, most developers will add a translation to a game if they are presented with the translated dialog. Just reach out to them and ask.

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
In the translation and the tools forums, there's a couple posts that tell you how to translate RPG Maker and QSP games and some of our members also know how to do that. Not only that, they know of resources like TFGamessite and ULMF. For Ren'Py, you can use Sams' unren and notepad++ to get that done for the ren'py games. For HTML or twine?? Again, notepad is a good fit for that.

My only thing I don't know of is a working tool that will rip the text, translate or let you translate it, and then put the translated text back into it. That's usually involving 2 or more programs and NUMEROUS steps.

The_Dante

Nov 10, 2017
In the translation and the tools forums, there's a couple posts that tell you how to translate RPG Maker and QSP games and some of our members also know how to do that. Not only that, they know of resources like TFGamessite and ULMF. For Ren'Py, you can use Sams' unren and notepad++ to get that done for the ren'py games. For HTML or twine?? Again, notepad is a good fit for that.

My only thing I don't know of is a working tool that will rip the text, translate or let you translate it, and then put the translated text back into it. That's usually involving 2 or more programs and NUMEROUS steps.
I think the easy way is the best.. I have to look in the section, maybe i find something to help me with this