Tool Others RPGM Translator++

iknownothing

Mar 15, 2019
So I follow this dev on ci-en, problem is the game still on development and throwing in the idea of translation is out of question until the game is finished, so I tried using this translator++ to "translate" it, mtl you know how it goes, the big issue here is the fact that I can't for the life of me, get this thing to work.

I heard that the game itself would run on the extracted files, so my thoughts were: Decrypt the data file, get the translation patch, copy paste on top of it, and remove the Game.rgss3a file from it. And while I no longer have the need to use locale emulator, the game itself still in japanese. Any idea what it could be?

Reactions: Bushwacker101

moocow

Jul 17, 2018
Translator ++ is a garbage program in its current state, even if you do get it to work, you'll just end up with bugs that break the game. If you just want a MTL just use a text hooking program like Textractor.

X_Machina

Jun 17, 2020
Well, I'll agree that Translator ++ is a bit finicky, but it works (At least for me).

The problem might stem from not actually translating and exporting the Data files correctly. If you don't properly patch the game or translate the files, your Data files might still be in Japanese. So when you run the program, it'll fetch the game info from System and then read all of the Data files which would still be in Japanese.
At least, that's my theory anyway.

madboy2009

May 29, 2017
Don't know if you all still care, but for the original problem with not being translated, ensure all the different files actually have translations in them (make sure the files have a non 0% translated). and do note that many UI elements won't be translated as they are often pictures not text. And make sure the translator knows that language it is to, and from (look in the settings).
It is possible that it's translator++ not reading the files as some RPGM Ace games it just fails to read them form the data folder, to check this see the list of files in translator++ and see if all the files in your data folder are in there.
Also the Movies folder you have is not standard RPGM Ace, it is from a plugin and if this contains text, translator++ can't find it. If this is the case you may have to translate the files manually or find, like said above said, a "text hooking program".

About the others saying translator++ breaks games, it's not entirely it's fault, as most RPGM games use what is called control characters that are replaced by info such as your characters name on runtime. (in can look like "/[0]" or "%1") these are often broken by translator engines, to fix this in older ones it's common to just not translate Scripts.rvdata* as it usually contains all of these, and is usually only used for combat, which not all games use. and in newer ones you usually have to go through manually.