Daz Translucency problem

c_n

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2018
Difficult to explain so a screen it's better...

screenshot.jpg
It's the same for the render.
I change the character, meaning make a new one from nothing (I note all the morph, shape, color,... I use for my characthers)
I change the morph -> adjustment for the hair, work a little if it's disapear "in the head"
I try to change some things on the "surface pane"... but, well, I'm lost and don't find what to do... too much option and not in my language :'(

Someone already have this problem and how to fix it ? :eek:

note : Hope my thread is in the right forum

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
I've tried rendering just the hair and it doesn't have that problem, so surely your problem will be that it doesn't exactly fit the character.
I suppose you've already tried the settings of your own hair, but you can try modifying the ones you can't see; right click on the "Parameters" tab and select "Show Hidden" to see and modify them.

c_n

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2018
Didn't find why but no longer have this problem in a new scene so I change the angle in this scene for a first person of view...
Thx mgomez0077 I try the hidden options but didn't find anything.

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
Its the angle of the light on the head allowing the scalp texture to bleed through, hence why changing the angle works as you change the lighting when you do so. To actually fix it, select the hair then Tools - Geometry editor and highlight the geometry on the side of the head where the problem is, it will select the hair, then right click and hide then delete or just delete (if you are using the latest DAZ) geometry. You need to delete it not just hide it, if you do it will be there next time as well after you save.

c_n

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2018
Thx for your answer mickydoo.
I already finished the bunch of renders I had to do in this scene but I will try. To know how it works ^^