Daz Transparent glitches/holes with Lickalicious tongue... (G8M)

Khan__

Jun 7, 2022
Hi,

Sorry for my english.

I have this weird bug with the tongue Lickalicious. I also have the dicktator but even on a bland G8M model with nothing except the Lickalicious, it's still buggy. I don't know what to do... Here is screenshots of the bug and my settings.

What did I do wrong ? :/

Thanks in advance for the help. You guys are my last hope haha I tried everything I knew + some Daz discords but still not fixed.

MidnightArrow

Aug 22, 2021
Hi,

Sorry for my english.

I have this weird bug with the tongue Lickalicious. I also have the dicktator but even on a bland G8M model with nothing except the Lickalicious, it's still buggy. I don't know what to do... Here is screenshots of the bug and my settings.

Thanks in advance for the help. You guys are my last hope haha I tried everything I knew + some Daz discords but still not fixed.
Daz Studio is just a shitty program. The viewport drawing sometimes doesn't do Z-ordering right, so you get back faces drawn before front faces. As long as it looks good in Iray (which isn't made by Daz3d) then just ignore it.

Khan__

Jun 7, 2022
Daz Studio is just a shitty program. The viewport drawing sometimes doesn't do Z-ordering right, so you get back faces drawn before front faces. As long as it looks good in Iray (which isn't made by Daz3d) then just ignore it.
Yeah it looks good in Iray. It's just sad that in viewport, which is useful for me to pose things correctly, that I can't solve this... Rendering takes time with my computer . I can ignore it the time it doesn't have a solution but if someone knows how to fix that, i'll Gladly take the solution ! It's just bugging me lol it's hard to ignore it for me :HideThePain:

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
Its got nothing to do with DAZ, its a shitty geo graft thingy, just dont use it, there isnt really a need, you can get simple tongue morphs.

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Daz Studio is just a shitty program
Blender does the same thing, though. As does what little I've used of Maya. Neither of which are what I'd consider a shitty software. It's consistent across any software that uses some sort of texture shaded-esque viewports.

MidnightArrow

Aug 22, 2021
Blender does the same thing, though. As does what little I've used of Maya. Neither of which are what I'd consider a shitty software. It's consistent across any software that uses some sort of texture shaded-esque viewports.
Where did you see this in Blender? I use it frequently and I've never seen a z-ordering bug like that.

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
Hi,

Sorry for my english.

If I had to make a bet, more likely to happen when a graft who already hide part of a mesh also use a cutout opacity map. Removing it while doing change and put it back until you're done should do the trick.

Yet single-handled a decade of CG VNs, giving a fair shot for everyone.
Cry harder.

Last edited:

Khan__

Jun 7, 2022
Its got nothing to do with DAZ, its a shitty geo graft thingy, just dont use it, there isnt really a need, you can get simple tongue morphs.
Hi,

Really? If you have some simple morphs to share, the name or such, do not hesitate to tell me please, i didn't found any... thanks^_^

Indeed it's really fucked up...

Khan__

Jun 7, 2022
If I had to make a bet, more likely to happen when a graft who already hide part of a mesh also use a cutout opacity map. Removing it while doing change and put it back until you're done should do the trick.
A graft who hide part of a mesh ? Which ? Sorry i'm a noob, it's really complicated for me haha, that's why if I have another tongue morph, i'll take it. Since it's really hard to pose a tongue.... Thanks !

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
A graft who hide part of a mesh ? Which ? Sorry i'm a noob, it's really complicated for me haha, that's why if I have another tongue morph, i'll take it. Since it's really hard to pose a tongue.... Thanks !
A graft is a 'new' mesh that replace and hide a part your figure mesh. Lickalicious hide the original tongue of your figure with its own. From the pics you posted, the new tongue also use a cutout opacity map which also hide a part of its own surface (and now make that weird glitch).

-> select Lickalicious tongue and go to the surface tab, look for something called 'cutout opacity' and remove the map that should be here (set to none) while you working on it. Put it back when you are done.

Khan__

Jun 7, 2022
A graft is a 'new' mesh that replace and hide a part your figure mesh. Lickalicious hide the original tongue of your figure with its own. From the pics you posted, the new tongue also use a cutout opacity map which also hide a part of its own surface (and now make that weird glitch).

-> select Lickalicious tongue and go to the surface tab, look for something called 'cutout opacity' and remove the map that should be here (set to none) while you working on it. Put it back when you are done.
What the... It actually worked ?! I'm really surprised, thanks a lot ! :D By the way, why do I need to put it back after ? It seems to works just fine, even in Iray ~~ Wow ^^

Khan__

Jun 7, 2022
Better safe than sorry as I'm not familiar with the asset :WeSmart:.
That said looking into it, looks safe to remove it, I'm not sure people render that far away in the mouth (or do they?).
Red part is what is hidden by the cutout opacity map :

View attachment 2195019
Oh I see ! Indeed I do not need to render that far away, indeed haha, thanks for the warning and explanation though. I'll remove it then !

Thanks again for solving my problem :D