Trap guys

Spirox

Jun 15, 2018
Hello guys,

Just wondering, who's down to play a game where you control the fate of a guy, who can become a very handsome guy and hit on girls or become a trap and hit on guys.
Do you think it would be a good VN ?

Thanks

Rastafoo

Jun 6, 2018
A good VN? No, because people prefer a sense that they control their fate. I mean maybe if it was similar to Doki Doki Transexperience it might sell...

But that concept does not exist as a game right now. The bisexual audience is not usually a community pandered towards.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: 83wulf and Spirox

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
You're probably better off just settling for one or the other, unless your core audience is exclusively bisexual males that prefer to bottom or some such.
I could be completely wrong but I don't think there's a lot of players that would be equally interested in both of the options you're offering.

83wulf

May 14, 2019
Just wondering, who's down to play a game where you control the fate of a guy, who can become a very handsome guy and hit on girls or become a trap and hit on guys.
Games with trap protagonists tend to be HTML-based prostitution- and slut-sim games, not VNs. A VN would be a refreshing and welcome change.
This game, The Red Room, used to be in the making, but looks dead now (hope I'm wrong). The game Duplicity is worth a look. It is still early days but it certainly is interesting.

If you want to make a game that fits your description, please do. I'll play it. But I cannot promise, based on the limited information you provide, that I'll like it. Especially if it is too much of a weakling's power fantasy. YMMV.

The bisexual audience is not usually a community pandered towards.
Unfortunately true. Nor are any other communities who like girls with a little extra, however they may be classified. Many guys who are sexually attracted to t-girls see themselves as heterosexual. (I'm bi myself).

Elsa-owo

Mar 28, 2019
Actually, I think it seems fun and pretty original. But only if it's well exploited in the game-play. (For example, if you have to be careful to not be discovered by your male interest while you are with your female interest, and vice versa.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Nurumimi

Adabelitoo

Jun 24, 2018
I wouldn't be interested on playing it (at least you can completely avoid the trap route and straight route seems good enough) but you do you and have fun, you will find your own audience eventually.

If you prefer to make cash with it more than having fun, then 100% no, study and stick to the market, but I highly don't recommend doing that

Last edited:

215303j

No, because it seems as if you are describing two very different personalities.

A story could be about a bisexual man who thinks about transitioning to woman. But transitioning isn't something done lightly so I doubt that would work either. After all, it's a rather profound change for a person.

On the other hand, a Ren'py game about transformation where the MC is in charge of his/her transformation does sound like a nice change of pace. Most are HTML and most are about forced transformation / sissyfication.

Nurumimi

Mar 25, 2020
I think it could be something but should be a bit more ellaborated, as said before.
Once you have to somehow "sneak" from one life to another or avoid certain people at certain moments, or ...
Add some kind of challenge at sight, to be simple!
I would like anyway to mix both ways, or try if game keeps them apart, but I know some most Straight audience would like to avoid completely trap/futa/gay/curious part.

lkey6

Feb 28, 2020
Yeah I would love it, those ways are basically the two I´m always looking for