VN - Ren'Py - Triple - R [v0.4b] [Cheesy Cookie Corp]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Fentin

Game works as intended hit's soooo many fetishes. the writer has spent a fair bit of time on minor detail and your choices really do matter in the longer term has a lot of paths to go down. think this games final version my have hundreds of endings when it's done.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Shadowwarden

Art's great. Story's intriguing. Dev's friendly. My only complaint is that calling it "Like Dark Souls" isn't very accurate when game overs exist in it.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

Verynaughtyhehehe

Well it is a great idea, good choices but not excellent, the amount of content is actually inside btw, but still a game isn'tjust about the quantity you know?
    If I were to suggest some things to improve and give it a 5 star review:

1: more character expressions, because as a visual novel it would be a great deal to make the characters a bit more close to reality. Instead of a static image...

2: The paths and content are locked behind some choices, I know it is something you planned? But its a bit frustrating to not be able to find a scenting path when seemingly tried everything else

3: The combat for the newest 2.8 version is super lackluster, inknow its quite difficult to make a fight scene in renpy of all places, but if it was a bit better maybe a bit of animations and sounds. Would make a world of difference!! Take Kilingan's treasure and Tavern of spear for great combat examples in renpy!

Good luck making this game man, it has potential!!
  4. 1.00 star(s)

Playfulpetfox

EDIT: Changed this review to 1 star because, after all this time, the game is still going for a gimmick that is purely there for attracting...someone, I guess? This game still claims to be a Dark Souls like Virtual Novel for exactly zero reasons, as you simply go straight to the main menu if you choose the wrong thing. The developer even told me that they would be " getting that "souls like" stuff out " back in February, yet even on their Itchio page, it still claims to be a Dark Souls Like VN. I seriously don't understand the purpose of a gimick that honestly could be kind of neat, yet not even bothering to follow through. Digressing, the writing and art are still dreadfully mediocre, and the content present is just not great for the...quality of what you're getting.

Sadly, the art, writing and execution of this whole thing is mediocre. It's not awful, but it's far from good.

The idea is that it's a..."Dark Souls-like Virtual Novel" where you get fucked instead of die, but instead of the game doing this correctly and continuing on, you still also "die" because you get a game over. If you didn't save before hand, you have to start all over.

Pair that dreadfully stupid gimmick that they don't even commit to with bland writing and worse art and you get the final product being something that's not really worth the time unless you are DESPERATE for a furry game.