VN - Ren'Py - Trouble at Home [Ep.3 v1.0] [CoolKittyRhymes]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Bigsy1

I was really surprised how good this AVN is. At first i thought that it will be another horny teenager MC with maybe a funny plot but boy was I wrong. The story is so good and deep and the LIs have real character with flaws and quirks and some are really hot. you can have different paths with a varied cast of pretty LIs. A really breath of fresh air in this genre of AVNs.
  2. 3.00 star(s)

kameohawk

Having played through the three episodes I’ve had another thought about the game. I’m not sure it changes my rating, but I think it flips from a low 3 to a high 3.

The game's ok but really it seems to exist only because everyone's stupid. People do stupid things and then it's not really explained why so you're left wondering if you've missed something in the story. It feels like a game of "here's a list of scenarios which happen to the MC. All of them are bad. Have fun though" and really by the 4th or 5th bad thing it kind of looses its impact and you're wondering why you're still playing. Like I get you need to break down to build up but it's like one bad thing after another and there's little to no respite from it so you're starting to get bummed out for the MC on his behalf. That… ultimately changes but the overall stupidity does seem to prevail. It’s like a soap opera at times. People don’t talk for the sake of plot only and few conversations seem to end with “I can’t tell you that” and that’s fine, but it happens a few times and after that you really start to not care.

Relationships seem weird. The good old "angry sister trope" is in there. Why's she angry at MC? Who knows. Is it justified? Hard to say. That gets fleshed out over time but like I mentioned above it goes on for way longer than it ever would in a normal situation. Parents just wouldn’t allow their kids to be that antagonistic towards each other. They just wouldn’t, or if they did they’d be bad parents. Given the game’s setting they don’t seem to be bad so it’s an odd thing and the more they interact, the more it reinforces how weird it is. The game also seems to suffer from magic dick syndrome where the MC has a positive “woman tamer” so everyone wants a piece. Now, there is a plot line where it’s kind of explained away which is good but it doesn’t explain why literally every woman of every age who interacts with the MC seem to want a piece. I mean honestly at one point the MC has 2 daughters AND the mother on a hook.

I'm probably being harsh, the game's ok. The characters look ok if a bit off in some angles (there's something weird going on with the jaws and mouths at times). If anything and it's probably not a good sign but I've actually found the game is more enjoyable when the focus isn't on the MC. There are a number of instances where it branches off and you get a scene with the focus on someone else and I find these much more engaging than the first few scenes with the MC who basically keeps having bad things happen to him.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

doc-jones

This is an amazing game.

Now I don't like how moronic the MC can be in his thought processes, but I came around to it just based on the history between things and what happened in the past, but for the most part, he is a top-notch guy and it's great playing as him.

There are a lot of love interests, but what I truly love is the choice involved. I have a feeling there will be a harem option and with games like that it can be hard for the author to let you turn down girls, but there are definitely girls I think make better friends, Emily is the ultimate pal and is instrumental in the MC changing his mindset and turning him into what he is at the end of Chapter 3.

There are too many potential end-game love interests to name, and I am worried about the colossal undertaking this game will be to tie up loose ends, but if the author can do it and do it well, they will have a fan for life.

I think this game is as close to a perfect game as you can get from the adult visual novel community, because if you took the sex out of it and just had the story, like if the sex scenes faded to black, this game would still be five-stars, and that says a lot about the game. 5 stars, 10 out of 10, keep it up!
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Dessolos

If I reviewed / played this before chapter 3 probably would be 3 or 3.5 stars. After playing Chapter 3 this is #2 on my top 10.

Things I liked
    • All the chapters are super lengthy
    • This game has some of the best character building / backstories ive seen so far
    • Likeable MC
    • For a game that has probably to many LI seem to balance the content pretty well with most of them
    • Average looking LI very few look like super models
    • Really god lewd scene animations one of the better animations ive seen
    Things I didn't like
    • The amount of LI is to much
    • Some of the LI not clear to me if they are just a side girl or what
    • The comedy , this is very subjective but very few moments I thought were funny cause alot of the comedy felt like it was meant to be funny through the best friend who I find annoying.
    • Mark the best friend is annoying
  5. 5.00 star(s)

bucolic666

I wasn't expecting much, but ended up enjoying the game VERY much. I love the story and all of the sub-plots, although it seems certain that some hearts will be broken. Just like in real life, I guess.

The renders are beautiful and expressive, the writing is wonderful and evokes emotions well, and it's not difficult to become invested in these young peoples' lives. I've got a soft-spot for Stacy, but all of the characters are likeable and interesting. And the main character has some nice qualities, too - just enough of a lack of self-confidence to not be silly given his 'attributes', and just empathetic enough to make it easy to wish you were him in some ways.

This is easily in myTop-10 games on this site. Well done to all involved. :)
  6. 5.00 star(s)

KristeGTR

Actually a great VN with a cohesive story, the episodes are great in lenght, the visuals are good and the mc is likeable. Overall I recommend checking it out, because I think a lot of people will like it.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Big fan of this through 3 chapters. The MC is written with some depth and realism and isn't as annoying as other games in the "school harem" genre. The plot is as good as you can expect in this genre - nothing groundbreaking, but it stays away from the tropes that have been beaten into the ground.

Renders and animations are excellent, UI is good (I don't understand the graffiti font plastered over everything, doesn't fit the vibe). The female models are rendered nicely and have some (not a lot) of diversity in body types. I worry that there's too many girls and we're not going to get as much time with the 3 or 4 that matter going forward (especially since there's a lot of either-or choices presented so far).

Overall, a very quality game that I'm looking forward to future versions of.
  8. 4.00 star(s)

sinbsd

Would be much better if you'd CHANGE MARK'S FACE TO NOT BE SO OBNOXIOUS TO LOOK AT please and thank you. The whole game rocks EXCEPT MARK who has the single most annoying looking face ever. Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Lord Drama

Wooh.. This is one of this game, when you sometimes just ignore the sexuality, just to know story of some character, like Emily for example. I really like this, but that doesn't mean it's not attractive women's here :)
  10. 5.00 star(s)

Moisthammer

Trouble at Home [Ep.3 v1.0] [CoolKittyRhymes]

This game is FIRE. I was hesitant about downloading this game because of early (negative) reviews and early negative comments, however, I was open-minded and I gave Trouble at Home an opportunity to change my initial opinion. The early negative reviews and comments have some validity, especially episode 1, but overall those comments are premature and wrong.

I hated the protagonist in episode one. The MC's attitude, demeanor, and facial expressions; however, those annoying characteristics are important to the story. Great storytelling requires characters to evolve and have a character arc. The protagonist evolves between the episodes from a kid with a shattered confidence that was in a toxic relationship to climbing the social hierarchy as more confident and sincere young adult.

Negative events happen to the protagonist (usually in bonus content) that some users may not necessarily like, but without those negative events occurring the protagonist wouldn't be able to have a realistic character arc. I appreciate that the storytelling is well developed and that the game developer actually mapped out the story and character progression into meaningful and realistic content.

I look forward to future updates.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

noun4

A good game that is not another unrealistic "im a chad that gets all the girls with no consequences", in this one u actually gonna face real life problems that usually devs are too afraid to put on the game because it might hurt their playerbase, and honestly this make the game even better and realistic, the story is very interesting and will keep u hooked since the beggining, the art and animation are amazing, very good quality, each person in the game has a very strong and unique personality, from shy and lovely to crazy and dislikable . Honestly i havent heard about this game before, i would probably put on my personal top10 avn's right now, huge potential to be even higher depending how the story develops and how the art and animation evolves
  12. 5.00 star(s)

Ornlian

One of the greatest VNs I've played in a good while.

The writing - The author has a real knack for writing believable dialogue and scenarios in an interesting way. In fact, this might just be the only VN I've ever read in which I didn't skip a single conversation or scene from the 3 episodes currently up.

What also impressed was how it feels like every love interest and every character has a distinct personality and good pacing of their scenes. Sometimes with character heavy VNs like this many of them will be left by the way-side or used as one-time convenient exposition dumps, not this time though.

Visuals - Absolutely pristine, right up my alley. And I don't think I've seen any other work with so many different stylish clothing options either, no clipping on any model that I saw and all of them are beautiful in different ways.

Animations - Admittedly there aren't many of these so far, but the ones we do get are really high quality. Smooth, no real jank to be seen.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

ImaginaryMe

The beginning of this game was a bit rough to get through because all of the dominoes were falling, but it really made me appreciate everything else after that.

I'm really enjoying the writing, characters and even their goofy looks. This is one of the better stories I've seen in awhile.

Also, I love redheads, but Sierra can go to hell.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

Saphfire

Yeah, this is one of the top games on this site by far.

Models are unique, renders are fine, animations are smooth but the best of it is the writing.
    Almost all characters feel "real" in this story.It has everything, first crush of a lovely shy girl, cheating, betraying, sad storys and humor
    MC is not a beta, he ist just sensible and trys to get back on his feet.

I recommend it.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

frozengrimm

I love NTR games.
    That's the reason I tried out this game.
    But this isn't NTR focused at all.
    And that's actually a GOOD thing.
    I enjoyed the writing, the story and the characters.
    And some characters can really make your blood boil.
    It's nice that it takes its time to build up the characters and not just go straight to a sex scene. Maybe would love to have a longer & hotter sex scenes when it does happen though.

Overall, I think it's really worth checking out.
    Can't wait for the next update.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

BrianMullenFan

Easily one of the best new games on this site. It is well-written and the renders are great. What I really love is the girls look real and feel real. From the clothes to their different appearances/backstory, you can really put yourself into the story as the MC. I think this game will get really big if it continues on this path.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

iamvenom

"Murk" is DA MAN! More of him please! Also Emily is the most unique character in all of the hundreds of 18+ games I've played. I was expecting it so Milo's death was a lil less painful...... I'm hoping we wouldn't have to choose any one girl and ditch the rest but if it comes to that my choice would be easy. It'd be a very easy Emily, despite of there being prettier girls. Overall a 10/10!
  18. 3.00 star(s)

BarvarianDave

I only really paid attention to the first episode and then pretty much skipped through the rest of the game because I didn't want to waste my time.

I mostly play VNs because I like good stories and well written and developed characters. I would say the characters in this VN are decent, but the story I really didn't like. Maybe this is just me being overly empathetic, but it was very stressful going through the first episode with all the bad things that happen to the MC while he just feels miserable and sad. And to add to that, he and his friends just make the stupidest decisions (which you have no control over). Based on what I played, your choices only affect the relationships with the girls and don't really have an impact on the story/events.

The MC seems to be a good guy; I think he is charismatic enough, and the sense of humour of the VN is decent. The best friend of the MC is well-intentioned but so damned stupid that I wish there was an option to punch him in the face haha. The interactions with the MC's sister are all predetermined, and the MC always acts like a cuck. I think this VN would be enjoyable if you could actually decide how the MC behaves and how things happen, not just who to sleep with.

The graphic quality is good, but it is true that most of the characters look like overgrown toddlers, and that's a bit creepy. Personally, I wouldn't play it again nor recommend it. It's a “meh”.
  19. 3.00 star(s)

ObsessivelyAroused

Short summary:

There is some content here, but the story seems derivative and not very engaging. Mostly terrible facial expressions. Later on in the story renders improve a bit and you start getting ok animations. Though author doesn’t know much about eroticism.

Good Things

• Lots of content, though mostly unimaginative
    • Occasional sexy girl or render
    • Some later animations are good, with nice soft body
    • Writing is inconsistent, but in general seems good

Bad points

• Atrocious expressions on many models. Seriously, its so bad, made me not engage with the story
    • Most models look very dated and not hot at all
    • Male models look like overgrown toddlers
    • Many scenes seem low effort, when it comes to lighting and setup
  20. 4.00 star(s)

cumsumnida

I think this is solid work from a relatively new dev. Props to them being able to put out this much content over the past year (from first release in 2022).

Story:
    • The premise is last year of highschool, lets have fun and get MC dick wet, etc. The main conflict is between the MC and his sister, but there's no incest planned because dev is on Patreon still...Otherwise, the story isn't really compelling.
    • The story tone is meant to be whacky, where the MC is the passive grumpy 'straight man' that deals with some absurd people and things happening to him, but there aren't enough fun or funny things going on to support this.
    • There's no real sense of time and the events and encounters in the game feel too random, with way too many women in the game. There are these 'bonus' content scenes that focus on other characters and some of it is unimportant.
    • You get to make choices that unlock certain scenes, but the MC still feels passive.

Visuals:
    • There are good, solid clean renders and solid animations here. I can definitely see the dev improve to make this look really good with their own style.
    • The characters have sort of a cartoony proportions, where their heads are noticeably bigger than normal. The exaggerated facial expressions also really add to the cartoony, over the top feeling, which might put players off.

Characters
    • The MC is actually sort of a tragic figure, where his past explains his current disposition but unfortunately the game only explains why and his conflict with the sister waaay later in the game.
    • Main appeal of the game is the sister Kayla. She's the hottest one and there's a conflict between with her and the MC and there's no incest planned at this. Unfortunately, you don't get to love/hate fuck her.
    • Everyone else varies between well written and likeable like Emily, or barely established. There are too many female characters in the mix.

UI, other stuff, etc
    • The game puts the dialogue decisions in the middle of the screen, which is annoying.
    • There's music and sfx that support the story and are ok.
    Overall, I think the writing is where this needs most improvement. Reordering scenes, putting more focus on the important story lines, culling the unimportant characters and focusing on fewer key characters and making them more likeable is where the dev can really elevate this.