Trouble with Japanese game

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
Hi guys sorry if this was already asked but I didn't notice a similar thread.

I'm having an issue running/installing a japanese game. I usually don't have these issues, I normaly fix by changing regional settings, language or even using stuff like NTLEA, and basicly was able to run every game so far by using one of those options.

However this game always gives the warning "This game game can only be run in Japan". This isn't the normal unicode issue, but rather a warning textbox, be it with regional settings changed or not.

I have no idea of how (if possible) to bypass this. Any tip of what's provoking the issue? Thanks in advance.

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
Maybe the game checks your timezone, or it connects to a Japanese server and sends your IP. In the first case you may try to change your system settings, in the second case I guess you need a VPN or stuff like that.
I also googled "This Game is Japan Only": is your game made with Siglus Engine (e.g.: Rewrite, Angel Beats)? If so, some players have solved their issue by using either "SiglusEngine-gaijinhack.exe" or "NoRegion Loader.exe".

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
I already did that as I mentioned on my post, otherwise I wouldn't be bothering asking...

I understand it's annoying having people all the time asking this question, with many not even bothering reading guides or tutorials, but please read the post at least.

Maybe the game checks your timezone, or it connects to a Japanese server and sends your IP. In the first case you may try to change your system settings, in the second case I guess you need a VPN or stuff like that.
I also googled "This Game is Japan Only": is your game made with Siglus Engine (e.g.: Rewrite, Angel Beats)? If so, some players have solved their issue by using either "SiglusEngine-gaijinhack.exe" or "NoRegion Loader.exe".
That may be possibility, although I doubt it, since it isn't a big company, but I will try that, thanks. And nope, it isn't any of those.

Last edited: