VN - Others - Completed - TroubleDays [v1.0.0H] [qureate & iMel Inc.]

1. 2.00 star(s)

toak

Hmm a moege. It's been a while since I've last played one. The main goal is to "fall in love" with the character. Did I fall in love? Well, the score speaks for itself.

Story 3/10

Lovelia is a succubus who's come to the world to eat "technoforce" which as far as I can tell is "sexual energy." Not semen, but sexual energy. Lovelia states that she can sustain herself with just kisses, although it's less efficient.

Lovelia knows the ways of the world but she learned mostly from BDSM and extreme sex play media. Thus she thinks all males are beasts and gets lost in her own fantasies. On the other hand she's a very considerate and caring individual.

Over the course of the story, you and her fall in love. And in the good ending she eventually turns human and you live happily ever after.

Yes, that's it. It's a moege. What else did you expect?

Gameplay 2/10

This game is a hallway simulator. The choices make very little difference. Per choice there's maybe like 50 line of dialogue difference and the story continues in the same direction.

In a visual novel, without meaningful branches, there's just no gameplay.

There's three separate endings and it's not clear through the choices which ending you're going toward because there's very little difference in outcome from each choice. An example of one these choices is, "Do you clean the tub or fold the laundry?" Not exactly riveting choices here.

Art 5/10

As a moege, Lovelia is cute. Art is kind of the entire thing so the art is going to be pretty good. For the regular standing art, they created a type of animated figure. It's a nice touch.

However, they didn't add any other character art. When Lovelia is talking with other characters, they have no art. It's kind of jarring and the lack of detail is not great.

The CGIs are pretty lacking. In total there are 18 CGIs with a very low amount of variation CGIs. Again Lovelia is cute, but there's not a lot of scenes to display her cuteness.

Overall 3/10

Trouble Days is a short 5 hour game with a cuteish succubus that kind of falls flat.

Every part of the game was kind of lacking. Even the main draw, the art, was just too few in number. I'm not an artist but it wouldn't surprise me if it took an artist less than a week to create all of the character art for this game.
  2. 3.00 star(s)

Sinphil

While artwork and concept as fun as their other titles the delivery fell short. Most of the angst was ridiculously contrived and simply stupid and dragged on because the actual story and characters really lacked depth. It is a shame because the concept really was good and the dual self sacrifice would have worked if done properly.
  3. 3.00 star(s)

youmustbejoking

This turned out to be a bit different than expected. I expected a nukige and got a moege instead. This is a pure love story between your average MC and a cute succubus named Lovelia. I had my eyes on this VN for a while now after seeing how cute the girl looked.

This is a short VN (about 6 hours to complete at a brisk pace) so don't expect an epic romance plot. But for what it is it manages to achieve what it sets out to and it definitely brings in the feels. The premise is simple: one night you are awakened from your sleep by a cute succubus who want to do ecchi things with you. She says that she is a succubus in training and her job is to extract technoforce from men. Unfortunately, because of things that happened in the past, she has trouble being around the opposite sex. Being the Nice Guy that you are you allow her to live with you and help her get rid of her anxiety.

There are essentially only two characters: the MC (whom you can name yourself for that extra immersion factor) and Lovelia. Only she has an in-game sprite and voice acting. Every other character is just text. A bit disappointing, but this is a budget title after all. I suppose the story could have been extended upon. For example there could have been a potential love triangle sub-plot with one other girl, but unfortunately that gets resolved as soon as it comes about.

Lovelia is a moe succubus, who is more than she appears to be. Or perhaps she is exactly as she appears to be, depending on your perspective. I love her character design and her moe personality. For being a succubus she is shy and reserved, at least until she gets to know Ningen-san a bit better ;-)

There are three endings in total: a neutral one, a bad one, and a good one. You will want to get the bad one as well as it comes with its own scene and CGs. Personally I liked all of the endings. They all brought the story to a satisfying conclusion in their own way. The good one was lovey-dovey as you can expect. The neutral was surprisingly moving. As for the bad one ... well, you'll see ;-)

There are several uncensored H-scenes and they are mostly vanilla. Mostly. You'll see ;-) They also have just the right length for my taste. Sometimes developers make these long drawn out H-scenes in order to pad out the length of the VN, but luckily this is not the case here.

From a technical perspective the game is impeccable, especially considering the budget. The backgrounds and CGs are gorgeous. As I said, Lovelia is the only character with an in-game sprite, however she is very well animated and voice acted. The music is typical for this type of VN. The controls are perfect and I easily managed to adjust the text exactly to my liking. So many VNs manage to screw this up, you'd be surprised...

Overall this isn't a groundbreaking product by any stretch of the imagination, however it does have good production values, and the writing does manage to pull you in and make you feel that you're living out a romantic story. And hey, who wouldn't want a cute succubus for a girlfriend? :)

This is a good title for fans of moeges and succubuses. Three solid stars.

PS: Taxi Driver A was the real MVP
  4. 5.00 star(s)

somhtam

Man I just went in with zero expectations since this got so little attention here. But the story was a brutal punch in the feels.
    It's one of those very few h-games that legitimately kept me more interested in the story than regular vidya with storyfocus.
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.