Seeking Troubles with finding games for a niche in a niche.

ObsidianShard

Jun 13, 2020
I've got an interest in dominant male MC and xeno/teraphilia. I usually have to roll with monster girls but they have a habit of either leaning too hard on the "girl" and not enough on the "monster" for my tastes. When I do find monster enough girls they usually end up in a femdom/male feminization kink which isn't something I'm interested in, and when there's some actual monster content it usually has female MC or furry MC or Suppa gay™.

I've found some diamonds in the rough like Teraurge but development progression is snail vs geriatric turtle. There's some odd titles like "sex with the devil" and "lust from beyond" but they're some wordy mess and their xeno/tera content is almost like they're designed to make the player uncomfortable not actually intended to accomplish targeting a sexual preference (or the aforementioned gay content).

There's some games like "defeating monster girls in another world with cock" but that leans too much toward just bestiality at times and has the jank machine translation and pixel censorship often found in most h-games.

I get thrown a bone in popular titles like "summertime saga" with the "seasuck" scene or the plant that craves cum from "space rescue:code pink" but that's a definite exception.

Just wondering if anyone knows of any titles that lean toward the insane specifications of "dominant male human MC on literal monsters that can preferably hold a conversation and doesn't have any capability/desire to put a penis or tentacles in the MC" or if anyone else ever has immense frustration in having bizarrely specific tastes and just having to "make do"?

Last edited:
Reactions: Cas888 and LS47

Crimson Delight Games

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2020
Your title says it all, that kind of content is super niche and almost impossible to find.

I was about to suggest Teraurge, but I see you're already familiar with it. Gotta say it's not my cup of tea, but kudos to the dev for the art style and content, I think that game has the potential to surpass its niche and capture a wider audience just from how unique it is (tho I gotta admit I'm a sucker for bizarre aesthetics like in Planescape: Torment, Kenshi, Pathologic, and very few games scratch that itch).

I don't have any suggestions for you, but I can give your thread a friendly bump! ;)

LS47

Oct 5, 2021
I wanted to suggest Teraurge too, I guess it is really a unique game in its own genre. The only other instance I know of with a girl more monster than girl is a character named , although she appears late in the alpha and she doesn't have much content.

I've been considering joining the community and contribute a game myself for a while now, and I've been inspired a lot by Teraurge in many of my drafts, so... Be the change you want to see in the world, I guess lol

• Thinking Face
Reactions: ObsidianShard

ObsidianShard

Jun 13, 2020
I wanted to suggest Teraurge too, I guess it is really a unique game in its own genre. The only other instance I know of with a girl more monster than girl is a character named , although she appears late in the alpha and she doesn't have much content.

I've been considering joining the community and contribute a game myself for a while now, and I've been inspired a lot by Teraurge in many of my drafts, so... Be the change you want to see in the world, I guess lol
I'll have to try that out. I've heard of the game but never got around to trying it. I definitely understand the idea of making your own game. I've got a decent level of experience when it comes to writing and a functional level of computer design skill but I'm too shakey from medical issues to really make proper use of most art/game design tools without it getting frustrating fast. Still trying my hand at something but it's a long way from playable. My plan was to make a rudimentary framework for a game and then when the proof of concept has something I think is worth playing, I'll put it out on the internet for free and see if fan support can let me direct the assets/script to a team with a bit more consistency to make the concept less "scribble rpg maker" and actually bring a decent level of quality control and consistency to the finished passion product. As much as I love teraurge I could never do that kind of timetable to people.

Crimson Delight Games

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2020
I've got a decent level of experience when it comes to writing and a functional level of computer design skill but I'm too shakey from medical issues to really make proper use of most art/game design tools without it getting frustrating fast. Still trying my hand at something but it's a long way from playable.
You could always try doing a text-only game, those don't need any art. Could be a good way to get into gamedev without a lot of pressure from players (most delays in ero-game releases stem from congested art pipelines, and text games don't have that issue).

ObsidianShard

Jun 13, 2020
You could always try doing a text-only game, those don't need any art. Could be a good way to get into gamedev without a lot of pressure from players (most delays in ero-game releases stem from congested art pipelines, and text games don't have that issue).
Valid point. I'd thought about trying out Twine as I'd heard it's pretty reliable and "copycoder" friendly. I've enjoyed quite a few story driven games people have made and I've been putting it off in hopes of getting somewhere with my main project but honestly a more barebones experience that's purely writing focused sounds like a nice change of pace.

LS47

Oct 5, 2021
I'll have to try that out. I've heard of the game but never got around to trying it.
A bit late, but for a "vanilla" monster girl game, it's pretty good. If you've liked games like Monster Girl Quest, you'll probably love this one even more, since it has much, MUCH better and consistent artstyles, and the characters suffer less from the typical Japanese tropes you see in most VNs. It even has a male MC, although there's barely any male dominant scene.

Although I really wish someone would step up and actually try to break the mold of the MG genre, because seeing the same monster girls in the same anime style, with no nuance to the artstyle, the story or the characters... I wonder if it will soon become a dying genre with all those clones shat one after the other. Believe me, while the setting of Dreams is nice, ou won't play it for the story sadly. Nothing you haven't seen multiple times in other monster girl games.

ObsidianShard

Jun 13, 2020
A bit late, but for a "vanilla" monster girl game, it's pretty good. If you've liked games like Monster Girl Quest, you'll probably love this one even more, since it has much, MUCH better and consistent artstyles, and the characters suffer less from the typical Japanese tropes you see in most VNs. It even has a male MC, although there's barely any male dominant scene.

Although I really wish someone would step up and actually try to break the mold of the MG genre, because seeing the same monster girls in the same anime style, with no nuance to the artstyle, the story or the characters... I wonder if it will soon become a dying genre with all those clones shat one after the other. Believe me, while the setting of Dreams is nice, ou won't play it for the story sadly. Nothing you haven't seen multiple times in other monster girl games.
Yeah, I've noticed the tendency for MG games to have a more than significant overlap in content and themes. I will say "Monster Girl Club:Bifrost" wasn't too bad and tried to do something different, it still followed a pretty standard artstyle for a MG game but you could tell some actual effort was put in, so it wasn't a bad experience. Really wasn't what I'm looking for in the end though and even if it was the whole game has an undercurrent of NTR/pimping that isn't something I'm personally a fan of.

Xymma

Feb 14, 2018
I was literally considering asking for recommendations on this very niche. I have also been frustrated with monstergirl designs favoring the mundane (I mean people consider an Elf a monstergirl wtf). I will say I don't mind mild femdom and feminization but that's neither here nor there. While Monster Girl 1000 has mostly mundane monstergirls, there are a few hidden gems and the dev has said that as the story continues more bizarre MGs will surface.(Though I'm not sure it will ever hit Teraurge levels tbh). An outlier that might be of interest to you is Slugs and Bugs Conversion, while it is technically Male MC and there are some pretty unique and alien monstergirls, the emphasis of the game is corrupting and transforming human females into MGs and it's PC isn't directly involved, being more of an overseer and observer most of the time. I'd highly recommend giving it a try anyway, as it is strongly representative of teratophilia. If you end up liking it, I'd recommend looking into more titles by the same author, The Anax is a fantastic dev, and his later works(Earlier ones are photo manip, 3dcg is relatively new for him by comparison) are phenomenal, even if all but the one I stated earlier are Female Protag.