Trying to Building distributions but no EXE.

Deleted member 824785

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2018
Hey, guys

So I've just made my first game everything runs perfectly.
I use the Renpy Distributions and it works great.
As soon as I go to test if the exe launches the game i can only see 2 exe which dont even load or launch and are titled "renpy".
Am I missing something? I thought the Building distributions option was meant to create an "intertia.exe" for you or something similar.
inertia.jpg

It's probably an easy fix and I think I've missed something but this has been bugging me for hours.
Thankyou

Madmanator99

May 1, 2018
I just hit the Build Distribution button on my game and it output the zip file with the regular stuff in it. This is what I get :
renpy.jpg
Not sure why you get those renpy files :( I didn't change any of the renpy settings, just made my game, with a few hundred rpy files/images, then hit the Build Distrib and it outputs the zip file.
PS: I'm running renpy 7.3.5

Last edited:

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
I thought the Building distributions option was meant to create an "intertia.exe" for you or something similar.
"renpy.exe" and "renpy-32.exe" ? You're using the version 7.4.0, right ?
I haven't had the time to test it yet, but it's a step in the transition to 64bits and Python 3.x ; there's a lot of rewriting and a lot of changes, and bugs, to expect. As long as it's the sole issue you encounter, it's not really a problem. Either you deal with it, or you fall back to the version 7.3.5

Deleted member 824785

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2018
Damn, I wasn't even aware the version was an issue... I fixed it by renaming the renpy.exe files to "gamename.exe" and that launched it but it's still rather annoying.

Thanks, guys
Dob

Reactions: Madmanator99