Trying to create my first game

ismama

Jul 6, 2019
Hi guys and girls hope you are all having a great Time

Just recently I started to create my first Project..
Im new to renpy machine and How It works but I know python language very well so I don't think i ll have problems with coding.
The game I start to create will have incest theme (Im a huge fan ) and it wont have ntr.
Since its my first Project don't expect too much of a content ,it will be Just a story with static images. My budget allow me to hire an animator but I keep this for later.
My native language is not English But I ll Have it checked by others.

The reason I post here is to ask.
What kind of incest games do you Like regardin the building of the story and why.??
Don't tell me about animation and models.
All I want to know is for the story Building Now.
I have Something in mind of course but I want to know other peoples prefercences

Syr96

Aug 5, 2019
Storybuilding is a complex matter, and you generally provide too little information for adequate help. It's best if you first answer the following questions:

1. Sandbox or VN (Visual Novel)?
  2. Should decisions influence the story, or just determine which love interest you get and whether certain scenes are unlocked?
  3. Do you want to tell a normal story, or should it involve corruption? Are there other themes you want to include? Should they be optional or not?
Without such information, it's difficult to give a proper response.

woody554

Jan 20, 2018
the following only applies to the specific genre of incest house:

my favourite type is building it around soccer mom/mundane home life, which I believe is the core of incest games. I think there's real value (in this genre) for having mom doing chores around the house, ironing clothes, loading washer etc, without making it instantly sexual. because the whole point is the sexual tension arising in normal home setting between people that should never engage in that.

so mom and sisters should never dress like strippers, the house shouldn't be a billionaire luxury villa, and the family shouldn't be rich. also none of them should be predisposed to perversions. in fact the further away you can keep them from weird stuff the better. a single mom with debt and shitty job trying to get through the day is the perfect setup.

the more 'soccer mom' you can make things, the better it's gonna hit when you somehow talk mom into anal while tied & gagged or the sister sitting on your lap without panties on dinner. it's all about the contrast of normal family life and secret perversions.

the second people try make it about some external plot, like a mob story, disappeared father, mc's memory loss etc, the incest story becomes secondary while we still can't give a shit about the mob story. it undermines the incest.

it's not why we downloaded the game, nobody searches 'mob story' when they look for incest. and even the games themselves often forget that 'mob story' the second there's a chance to go shopping for clothes with the women. nobody cares about the external plot, it's just pointless crap that's distracting from the incest.

the downside is it's REALLY tough to write without that external artificial conflict a mob story etc gives. if you have, say, mom, son, sister, aunt, and they're all nice people, you must be REALLY good at writing characters to avoid boredom. which almost none of us are. this is beckett land, and none of us are becketts.

my own compromise is keeping the mundane home life central, but adding ministories that can go anywhere from mob conflicts to alien abduction. they just shouldn't ever sideline the homelife (except momentarily).

edit: I completely forgot you wanted to limit the scope. smart move. this was more for an ambitious sandbox setting.

but it would work just as well on a cabin with mom and no one else. just focus on two people, find them nice things to do, make them gradually blur the lines until they slip. limit all outside characters to super restricted, don't give them scope or suddenly you'll have a large sandbox. no throwaway pussy, use that time to develop relationship with mom.

Last edited:

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
I think there's real value (in this genre) for having mom doing chores around the house, ironing clothes, loading washer etc, without making it instantly sexual. because the whole point is the sexual tension arising in normal home setting between people that should never engage in that.
I agree, it open the gate to more scenes, both during the introduction part, then during the slow corruption one. Something that permit to spread the corruption on a slow pace while still providing some eye candy pictures for the players.

She can be involuntarily seductive just by the move she'd to do, or by the clothes she'll wear ; you don't clean the house in a knee long full covering dress, especially during summer. And if no one is expected in the house, even a perfect housewife will just wear a loose large shirt over her panties to do this. Something that can bring some involuntary flashing scene to the son coming back home early, and be the reason why he starts to see his mother differently.
Then, when the corruption starts, those scene would be perfect to express the change in the mother mind. She would then slowly starts to wear more loose, or skimpier, clothes, arguing with reason that it's more comfortable for what she do or the current weather. And, precisely because her reason is perfectly legit, this would still make the son wonder if his mother is more sexually opened, or just feel more comfortable being a normal person when he's home. Then after some time she would exaggerate the seductive poses, arching more her back, raising a bit more her butt, what would starts to answer the question.

so mom and sisters should never dress like strippers, [...] a single mom with debt and shitty job trying to get through the day is the perfect setup.
She can even be a bit religious. This would explain why she haven't dated once divorced, even more if she's a widow. Her celibacy life would then serve as model for her daughters, who can be sexually active, but by love, not by lust. They would then dress to please the guy/girl they date, not to attract male/female attention.
Then, once again, this can serve as representation of their slow corruption, especially coupled to what I said above regarding the mother. They would starts to dress in a more sexy (but not slutty) way, trying to attract their brother attention. But it would blend with the way their mother herself dress at home. What would again lead to the same question; do they just feel more at ease, or are they trying to seduce him ?

the more 'soccer mom' you can make things, the better it's gonna hit when you somehow talk mom into anal while tied & gagged or the sister sitting on your lap without panties on dinner. it's all about the contrast of normal family life and secret perversions.
Here again, the "bit religious" part would accentuate the contrast. She wouldn't just open to incest, but also to her own sexuality.
I picture her wanting to turn off the light before anything a bit sexual, because it would be inappropriate to look at a naked body. And the first time she would agree to innocently let her son share her bed, she wouldn't be naked (she never slept naked, even when in couple) and already deeply tucked in the bed, cover up to the neck, when he join her. Once again a way show that she's more and more corrupted, by slowly passing from this to a more natural, then more perverted, attitude.

the second people try make it about some external plot, like a mob story, disappeared father, mc's memory loss etc, the incest story becomes secondary while we still can't give a shit about the mob story. it undermines the incest.
I would be less categorical on this. It depend how it's done. One can have a background story, to hook up the players. But precisely, it have to be a background story. Something in the spirit of Sisterly lust by example, where the more they advance, the more they have to face the morality rise in the society.

The mother broke her car, and to buy a new one she had to borrow money to an annoying coworker, neighbor or whoever, who thought that it's a way to get in her pants. She can afford the monthly payback, but the guy is often in the background, trying to pressure her because he don't really care about the money, it's her that she want.
This could even be an interesting story if you couple it with the slow corruption. She's more open, discovering the power of her body, finding it pleasant to feel the eyes of people looking at her. He'll think that his plan is working, that she's doing this for him, therefore he'll try to be more and more present. But she's totally clueless, for her he's a burden to whom she owes some money only because she had no other choice, not a potential lover. Therefore she always either ignore, or dodge, all his moves, what will surely annoy him. She'll can ha finished to pay him back before the end of the game, but he'll still insist to be part of her life, to continue helping her, even giving her money; "It's nothing, just one hundred bucks, you don't need to pay me back for so few". And, of course, with him on their back, they would need to be careful with their incestuous relationship.
It's enough to bring tension in the story and actually hook up the players, while still having a story exclusively focused on the incest.

Just one, really annoying, downside... With the number of idiots that can, alas, be found here, it would probably be mandatory to prepare a "there will be no NTR in this game" macro.

Reactions: woody554

woody554

Jan 20, 2018
She can even be a bit religious.
I always love the religious, strict, reserved, uptight moms and it was my original plan as well. but I had another big thing I wanted to do differently from most games, which was making the characters show a lot of tenderness and emotion through casual touching and others ways. but I didn't really understand those two aspects are in polar opposition, so now my mom is still religious but there's very little left of the strictness and reservation I originally wanted her to show.

I'll still try to add more strictness to her through her religious morals, but I know already I can't make her as cold as I'd want while having her still show as much warmth as I want. it's one of those choices you probably need to make in the beginning, do you want an empathetic mom or a strict mom.

lfgals1

Sep 7, 2022
I kinda feel like Incest games generally fall into one of two categories.

• Romance: Mom and son fall for eachother in a way that is depicted as wholesome and emotional. The sex can get kinky, but the dialogue and structure is largely vanilla with just a bit of Taboo. Often in these games the narrative treats the MC as somewhat passive, the sex just happens as a natural result of the growing closeness.
  • Corruption: Mom and son find themselves in a hedonistic spiral as they pursue the pleasures of the flesh. This centers the taboo element and everything is intrinsically kinky because the game doesn't treat it like a normal relationship. Generally the MC in this is a manipulative driving force behind the sex.
Of the two I vastly prefer the corruption version. But I prefer male lead corruption stories of all stripes. There are a ton more of the romance style incest games out there on the market, so think I am probably in the minority there.

Reactions: McFuckyy96

woody554

Jan 20, 2018
There are a ton more of the romance style incest games out there on the market, so think I am probably in the minority there.
I think it's more caused by the patreon effect. the old incest games before patreon crackdown used to be all about blackmail, sleep rape and forced reluctant penetration until she was broken. (hard rape with victim kicking and screaming wasn't that common even back then.)

now there's very few devs willing to just go there because it's such a hassle and milder things are so much easier to hide to be modded later.

if we had a hassle-free way to publish the stories we really want to write there would be a lot more dark stories.

McFuckyy96

Aug 7, 2022
I also prefer corruption. Adding romance to incest has always been kinda weird to me. Like I get it you love your mom/sis but now you're "in-love" with them? I feel like the biggest issue with romance with your family in incest games is that they take it to seriously as in the game stops being about corruption or family roles and the characters just turn into generic love interests. Whatever personality or quirks they had are gone, the suspense and tension is gone, the stigma of the taboo is gone, whatever drive to continue to corrupt them is gone, all the remains is a bland love interest NPC.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
[...] but I didn't really understand those two aspects are in polar opposition, so now my mom is still religious but there's very little left of the strictness and reservation I originally wanted her to show.

I'll still try to add more strictness to her through her religious morals, but I know already I can't make her as cold as I'd want while having her still show as much warmth as I want. [...]
Perhaps is it a cultural gap, but I don't really get it.

The reserved part, alright, it's the main point of the religious part. But the strictness and coldness, what this have to do with her being religious ?
Believing is caring and loving, therefore being warm. Being religious, she's a dedicated and loving mother, just not extravagant, nor too demonstrative.
This while you don't need to be strict with your children if you raised them correctly; they'll follow your example, and therefore act "in the go(o)d way" by themselves. At most a "it's not right" once in a while when something fall outside of the basic, but that's all. By example, you don't need to ground your daughter because the missed the curfew, because she know by herself that she should not do it. And if by hazard it happen, she'll have phoned previously, to warn about it and explain why she'll be late.
Being cold and strict isn't being religious, it's being a dick. And I tell this as someone who come from a very religious family. The most devoted believer in my family is the one of my uncles that have a lesbian as a daughter, and I can assure you that he's both really devoted to his belief (I've seen, more than one, him walk an hour or so just to not miss the Sunday mass), and really loving and caring for her.

So, from my point of view, and based on what you said, you wrote her correctly as a religious mother.

woody554

Jan 20, 2018
The reserved part, alright, it's the main point of the religious part. But the strictness and coldness, what this have to do with her being religious ?
I didn't mean those as a single character but more a spectrum of the type of moms I most like to see. so with religious I don't mean just any person of faith, I mean a sort of uptight nun who's gonna reprimand you for any transgressions. a strict teacher, a career mom. (I'm not looking for femdom, just the general uptight temperament.)

someone cold, who still has scorching passion inside she fiercely denies. and for a while she succeeds, until she doesn't. so the game is always about pushing her until she cracks.

Cartman-Brah

Jul 8, 2024
try to make the story realistic. i don't know how realistic an incest story can be, but seeing mothers fantasizing about their son's dick from the very beginning of the game seems illogical to me. i think this kind of thing should be built slowly.

Mxiio

Jul 30, 2024
I prefer stories to be centered around developing dependency and intimacy slowly - similar to Bottle Biosphere, Teaching Feeling etc. add in incest between Older Brother and Little Sister or Father and Daughter.

ismama

Jul 6, 2019
Thank you all for spending time to respond to me.
I will share here some of the things I plan.
The story wont be a sandbox.
Although I know how to Make them I ll Make a linear story as a vn .
Later on if I see that ppl prefer my game (s) I ll try to Make a sandbox.
The game wont be short But not Long either.
2-3 updated at max .
The theme will be f/d..
My inspirations are the comics bucket list and photoshoot by jab so expect a lot of common elements.
However every critic and opinions are more than acceptable for me
I know I cant satisfy all of the ppl here but ll try my best

lfgals1

Sep 7, 2022
I'm seeing a ton of good indicators here.
  • You have a small scale and clear focus in mind.
  • You are sticking to a simple VN.
  • You have a plan to finish something.
Even if it is a more 'romantic' than 'corruption' game, I'll definitely still give it a look.

That being said, here are a few thoughts.
  • You might want to get someone to thoroughly edit your work for punctuation and phrasing.
  • Lean into the slow burn and away from the "easy sex with side characters".

Reactions: ismama