Trying to gauge interest in "erotic stories with images" or "Visual Novel" content

LadyLilith-3D

Dec 16, 2020
I'm new to this forum and relatively new to the creator side of adult content although I've been writing erotic literature for some time now (Not professionally but more of a hobby standpoint). I've recently dove into the waters of 3D art and have been starting with Daz Studios to get my feet wet. My current plan is to take my writing skills and merge them with renders I create with Daz. Both types of content will be of great erotic detail as that's the type of stuff that interests me. I may move into the visual novel space or even create a game similar T.I.T.S (Trials in tainted space) I have some background knowledge in c# and the unity game engine but I figured I would start out small first.

Of course like anything I would in the future like to make money doing my passion projects but that's not even something I'm focusing on right now. Just want to create content and get it out there for free and for everyone to enjoy. I was thinking of small stories to begin with (20-30 pages with multiple scenes and visuals) then branch out from there. I already have a 300 page novel that I've been sitting on for over a year but haven't done anything with it. Below is a little sample of the type of content I would be producing.

The literature is from the novel I mentioned before (it's a futa story about a succubus). The image attached is the first image I've created in Daz/Photoshop. Still getting the hang of Daz so it's just a basic render. No erotic poses just yet but I plan on diving into that soon just trying to get the render and quality down first. Quality is the name of the game for me for sure. Let me know your thoughts (negative or positive, all is welcome).
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I can smell your lust from a mile away, my sweetie. Your craving needing to be satisfied. How many days has it been? 4….5?” She speaks in a soft, seductive voice.

“How many days since what?”

“Since you’ve had your last meal silly,” She says smiling. Making her way over and joining me under the warm shower. The muscles in her thick legs flex with each stride. The water wets her hair, turning it from fiery to blood red. It runs down her immaculate physique, soaking her from head to toe. She's about 6 feet tall, which is only slightly taller than myself. Her abs visible and well defined. She's the typical pear shape woman, slender up top but bigger from the waist down. All I can think about is burying my face between those thick thighs and sucking on her meaty cock.

“Last meal…. I ate at lunch which was like an hour ago.” I say

She laughs and places her finger on my collarbone, running it slowly down to my right breast and circling my nipple. “Darling, I mean your last sexual meal. The last time you fed?”

Sexual meal? Fed? What on earth is she talking about? I'm starting to think she’s bat shit crazy.

I stare at her with a confused look upon my face. “I don’t understand what you're talking about Ms. Reed.”

“Hmmm, what a predicament we have here. It seems you haven’t been fully released since you don’t understand the basic concept of feeding. I've never seen a human stay in control before, how exciting. I'll tell you what cutie, how about I give you a crash course? My treat.”

Her hands firmly grab my tits as she pushes me back against the shower wall. I don’t know what she's getting at but as soon as her skin touches mine it feels like sexual electricity jolting through my body. It feels so good, so right. I nod my head yes.

“Excellent, I've been watching and waiting for your inner self to come to fruition. For the last week, your pheromones have been getting stronger by the day. I knew something must be different. So, let's start off with a little fun while I tell you about your new-found self. On your knees my pet!”

I hesitate for a split second but I can’t resist her. I gaze into her eyes, pupils now as blood red as her hair. They lure me in, captivating my eternal desire for…. power. Power is what I hunger for. Power to force my will upon others. Power to mold this mortal realm how I see fit. Power to seize what’s rightfully mine.

“Yes Ms. Reed,” I oblige, dropping onto my knees.

“Oh my pet, please call me Leviathan.”

A chill runs down my spine, sending goose bumps spreading throughout my body as she says her name. I’ve never heard it before but there’s a feeling I know it from somewhere. a familiar ring to it.

She places one hand on the top of my head and gives me a little wink. Her stimulating and intoxicating voice entices me to do anything for her. Please her in every possible manner. I wrap my hand around her flaccid dick that's staring me straight in the face. Wasting no time, I bring it to my mouth and wrap my lips around the tip. I feel it already starting to harden as the blood flows through its bulging veins. As it expands its size in my mouth and hand, the hornier I become. My hand moves up and down, stroking the shaft while doing the same with my mouth. Trying to mimic what Kelly was doing to me last weekend. It's the first time I've ever had a dick in my mouth and it's exhilarating. I never thought I could get so much pleasure from doing this.

“Yes my sweet play thing, mmmmmmmmm. Suck on that big cock and I'll tell you all about your new found desires,” She says while letting out a few moans in between.

I shove my head down, taking as much as I can in my mouth. It's not much but it's all I can handle without gagging. My right hand still wrapped around her makes an extension of my mouth like Kelly did. Then I wrap my left hand around her just below the right. With my mouth taking in 5 inches or so and both my hands wrapped around her, I cover just about all her cock but an inch at the base. I get myself in a rhythmic motion. Bobbing my head up and down while moving my hands in the same motion. The saliva makes them slip easily across her shaft and since she pushed me back against the wall, we’re out of the way of the shower.

“Oh honey, you're going to make this girl cum if you keep that up,” She says with her hand still on top of my head following its motion.

LadyLilith-3D

Dec 16, 2020
Sorry I'm new here but I guess this should have been placed in general chat and not "off-topic". Anyway I can move this? Not seeing the options to do so. Thanks in advanced.

freedom.call

Donor
Mar 8, 2018
You have to contact staff/moderator to move it. Your story is very detailed and nice, are you going for a kinetic novel (no player input)?

LadyLilith-3D

Dec 16, 2020
You have to contact staff/moderator to move it. Your story is very detailed and nice, are you going for a kinetic novel (no player input)?
I'm used to writing stories in the first person view but I would like to get away from the static nature of story telling and add in some dynamic elements like player choice. I think to start off with it would be static just to gauge interest in my work. Then from there move to a visual novel standpoint with player input / choice.

Any thoughts?

freedom.call

Donor
Mar 8, 2018
I'm used to writing stories in the first person view but I would like to get away from the static nature of story telling and add in some dynamic elements like player choice. I think to start off with it would be static just to gauge interest in my work. Then from there move to a visual novel standpoint with player input / choice.

Any thoughts?
I'm afraid my only advice is rather useless, make the game you want and the way you want it.

Many games start off with little or no choices in the demo, that's fine. We're likely to become more engaged when we have a say later on though.

I wish you luck. :)

Reactions: LadyLilith-3D

Oir

Nov 5, 2018
If you're actually serious about going full-out in this genre, then aside from the 3D work itself (including texturing, human anatomy, facial studies) you'll also want to focus on storyboarding, composition, and really setting up a scene. 3D-modeling allows you to skip out on some art fundamentals such as rendering and perspective (both of which are taken care of for you by the render engine of your choice) but you'd be surprised at how much these skills will make a difference in conveying an erotic atmosphere and story.

On the note of your writing, if you're looking for critiques I'll put them in spoilers below. I kinda word it harshly I guess? Not meaning any offense. Check them if you'd like to and take them for what they are; some internet rando's single subjective opinion.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

On another note, your writing has a lot of personality and I really like the playfulness you're able to convey through character dialogue. Probably your greatest writing strength and I'm guessing your comfort zone?

The 3D model you attached is also very well done and would put you miles ahead many already-successful 3D H-games/novels if you're able to keep up that level of quality in dynamic poses.

Last edited:

freedom.call

Donor
Mar 8, 2018
On the note of your writing, if you're looking for critiques I'll put them in spoilers below. I kinda word it harshly I guess? Not meaning any offense. Check them out and take them for what they are; some internet rando's single subjective opinion.
I think you quoted the wrong guy. :)

LadyLilith-3D

Dec 16, 2020
If you're actually serious about going full-out in this genre, then aside from the 3D work itself (including texturing, human anatomy, facial studies) you'll also want to focus on storyboarding, composition, and really setting up a scene. 3D-modeling allows you to skip out on some art fundamentals such as rendering and perspective (both of which are taken care of for you by the render engine of your choice) but you'd be surprised at how much these skills will make a difference in conveying an erotic atmosphere and story.

On the note of your writing, if you're looking for critiques I'll put them in spoilers below. I kinda word it harshly I guess? Not meaning any offense. Check them if you'd like to and take them for what they are; some internet rando's single subjective opinion

Thanks for taking the time to respond, I really do appreciate it. If you don't mind, I just wanted to add a few things since I have the chance and your a English teacher :). I 100% agree on the show / don't tell and being descriptive (which i've been getting a bit better at over time but still need to improve for sure). I have two general thoughts on this.

(1) As a first person view, the story is told through her eyes, her words and her thoughts. So some of the blanket statements like (feels so good) is her relaying her thoughts, just in the same context as the narration. This could be placed into its own context like I also do sometimes but it seemed to fit there. Thoughts on this?

(2) There's a point where I actually dislike to much detail as a reader. While detail is good, I dont want to read a page of text about how a kiss felt. It's a pair of lips touching, give some detail and move on. I will start to skim past sections when small moments like that seem to carry on forever. That may just be a personal preference of mine though but it does carry over in my writing. Saying that, im nowhere near that and could still add in more detail for sure.

Oir

Nov 5, 2018
Thanks for taking the time to respond, I really do appreciate it. If you don't mind, I just wanted to add a few things since I have the chance and your a English teacher :). I 100% agree on the show / don't tell and being descriptive (which i've been getting a bit better at over time but still need to improve for sure). I have two general thoughts on this.

(1) As a first person view, the story is told through her eyes, her words and her thoughts. So some of the blanket statements like (feels so good) is her relaying her thoughts, just in the same context as the narration. This could be placed into its own context like I also do sometimes but it seemed to fit there. Thoughts on this?

(2) There's a point where I actually dislike to much detail as a reader. While detail is good, I dont want to read a page of text about how a kiss felt. It's a pair of lips touching, give some detail and move on. I will start to skim past sections when small moments like that seem to carry on forever. That may just be a personal preference of mine though but it does carry over in my writing. Saying that, im nowhere near that and could still add in more detail for sure.
No problem at all! I'm happy that people find passions in writing, no matter where that might take them.

Your point one would be definitely something to consider in academia or in the context of a paper where your central goal is to help the reader identify with the character and her personality. Like I said though, I think this is a pretty strong area for you already. Rather, in the context of erotica, it's almost always 99% about atmosphere and imagery. Descriptions are inherently stimulating (hence why it's often a meme/joke to over-describe something to make it seem lewd).

"This feels so good" may technically be an accurate representation of her thoughts. But it (in my opinion) breaks atmosphere and skimps on imagery. The moment that the succubus touches the protagonist very much reads as if it's supposed to be an impactful moment. But the quick one-liner semi-description reads as an unimportant fleeting moment and that sort of whiplash breaks immersion.

Your second point is quite subjective for sure. Some modern greats such as Tolkien are known to "ramble" in their descriptions and it's definitely not everybody's cup of tea. Certainly tailor this to fit your own preferences. But as you're doing so, think about the importance of each moment and how much the reader is supposed to identify or react with this moment. As you said, I personally don't think you're quite at this point yet and could go a bit further but everyone has a preference in this regard.

Erotica is one of the most difficult forms of writing and definitely not something touched upon in schools. I very much hope this makes sense.

LadyLilith-3D

Dec 16, 2020
No problem at all! I'm happy that people find passions in writing, no matter where that might take them.

Your point one would be definitely something to consider in academia or in the context of a paper where your central goal is to help the reader identify with the character and her personality. Like I said though, I think this is a pretty strong area for you already. Rather, in the context of erotica, it's almost always 99% about atmosphere and imagery. Descriptions are inherently stimulating (hence why it's often a meme/joke to over-describe something to make it seem lewd).

"This feels so good" may technically be an accurate representation of her thoughts. But it (in my opinion) breaks atmosphere and skimps on imagery. The moment that the succubus touches the protagonist very much reads as if it's supposed to be an impactful moment. But the quick one-liner semi-description reads as an unimportant fleeting moment and that sort of whiplash breaks immersion.

Your second point is quite subjective for sure. Some modern greats such as Tolkien are known to "ramble" in their descriptions and it's definitely not everybody's cup of tea. Certainly tailor this to fit your own preferences. But as you're doing so, think about the importance of each moment and how much the reader is supposed to identify or react with this moment. As you said, I personally don't think you're quite at this point yet and could go a bit further but everyone has a preference in this regard.

Erotica is one of the most difficult forms of writing and definitely not something touched upon in schools. I very much hope this makes sense.
You make perfect sense on both of those points. I never really considered that those quick "one liners" may break immersion. You may be on to something and I'll definitely take it into consideration. Thanks again for your options on the matter. Much appreciated.

Reactions: Oir

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Let me know your thoughts (negative or positive, all is welcome).
On the render side, there's not much to say, but on the writing side it's something else.

Your Ms Reed lack of constancy. By themselves her dialog lines aren't wrong, but they show a radical twist in her personality.
She start with short direct innuendos, making her look like a cat wanting to play with her food. He's her prey, she'll take her pleasure from him, whatever if he agree or not.
“I can smell your lust from a mile away, my sweetie. Your craving needing to be satisfied. How many days has it been? 4….5?”
[...]
“Since you’ve had your last meal silly,”
[...]
“Darling, I mean your last sexual meal. The last time you fed?”
Then, boom. She take 10 steps back with the long over explicit descriptions that follow. Have the predator a sudden conscience crisis ?
“Hmmm, what a predicament we have here. It seems you haven’t been fully released since you don’t understand the basic concept of feeding. I've never seen a human stay in control before, how exciting. I'll tell you what cutie, how about I give you a crash course? My treat.”
[...]
“Excellent, I've been watching and waiting for your inner self to come to fruition. For the last week, your pheromones have been getting stronger by the day. I knew something must be different. So, let's start off with a little fun while I tell you about your new-found self. On your knees my pet!”
This exactly at the moment when her personality, as shown initially, should have made her answer with a simple "I'll show you. Let me do... my pet". Potentially followed by some lines like :
The Pet "Do what ?"
Ms. Reed "Don't be afraid, you'll love it. And now, on your knew."

You also have to understand that, while what you shown is good for a textual game like Tits, if you decide to later go on the visual novel route, then you'll have to forget everything you know about writing. It's as different as writing a book and writing a movie scenario.
In visual novel, the narration is supposed to disappear and be replaced by the visual. Therefore, in place of things like, "she speaks in a soft, seductive voice", it's the CG (computer graphic) that have to lead the reader to the understanding that, right now, her voice is soft and seductive. And in place of narration like, "she laughs and places her finger on my collarbone, running it slowly down to my right breast and circling my nipple", it's the dialog line ("How funny you are") that should express her laugh, while the CG show the action.

LadyLilith-3D

Dec 16, 2020
On the render side, there's not much to say, but on the writing side it's something else.

Your Ms Reed lack of constancy. By themselves her dialog lines aren't wrong, but they show a radical twist in her personality.
She start with short direct innuendos, making her look like a cat wanting to play with her food. He's her prey, she'll take her pleasure from him, whatever if he agree or not.

Then, boom. She take 10 steps back with the long over explicit descriptions that follow. Have the predator a sudden conscience crisis ?

This exactly at the moment when her personality, as shown initially, should have made her answer with a simple "I'll show you. Let me do... my pet". Potentially followed by some lines like :
The Pet "Do what ?"
Ms. Reed "Don't be afraid, you'll love it. And now, on your knew."

You also have to understand that, while what you shown is good for a textual game like Tits, if you decide to later go on the visual novel route, then you'll have to forget everything you know about writing. It's as different as writing a book and writing a movie scenario.
In visual novel, the narration is supposed to disappear and be replaced by the visual. Therefore, in place of things like, "she speaks in a soft, seductive voice", it's the CG (computer graphic) that have to lead the reader to the understanding that, right now, her voice is soft and seductive. And in place of narration like, "she laughs and places her finger on my collarbone, running it slowly down to my right breast and circling my nipple", it's the dialog line ("How funny you are") that should express her laugh, while the CG show the action.
To comment directly about the writing style itself (or lack of constancy). The block of text I pulled does not do it justice without the 50 pages that came before it. The (Ms. Reed) character does have inconsistencies with her by design (She's a legendary succubus that escaped imprisonment). Her desires fluctuate widely but for this particular scene, she's toying with the MC at first but plans on teaching her about her abilities in her own way. She wants to mold the MC to her liking. Anyway, I do get your point though for sure.

Secondly, Visual Novels are not something I have much experience with. My realm is mostly erotic literature, comics, stills and some games. I brang up VN because it seemed to be a happy (medium) that I could possibly achieve as one person and fit into my skill set. I'll take any advice you have to offer on this subject for sure haha. Oir was saying something similar as well about my writing style so it seems I have some more brushing up on VN if that's the route I want to take (Which honestly I'm not even sure). All I know is I like to write erotica and enjoy creating images. I would love to dabble in short animation as well but I figure one thing at a time. I have some (limited) game design experience with Unreal and Unity but that's also another side passion of mine that I would like to devote some time to. Combining all of this is what I'm trying to do. Just trying to find my place in this space because it's something I enjoy creating. I figured maybe if I showed some fellow enthusiasts what I have to offer, maybe I can narrow that down :).