Trying to get into digital art

the4thtoenter

Aug 12, 2017
I've had tablet since I was in like 4th or 5th grade or something but it's unusable, not because it's outdated but because I lost the pen for it during a move, maybe 6 years ago Now I'm at college age and I thought it would be a good time to get back into digital art. I was hoping someone could give me some starting tips with what tablets to look at, as well as just digital art tips in general.

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
the best brand of tablet you can get is Wacom, the intuos pro series is pretty good if you are starting out but depends on your budget. the best is the cintiques because you are drawing on a screen so you can see you hand and is easier to draw, however a good one of these costs over $2000, one of the best ones you can get is a portable tablet (like an ipad on steroids) the top tier one is like a high end gaming laptop but also you can draw on it. if you want good un-biased review of their products search for them on the youtube channel Draw with Jazza.

P.s. interesting choice of place to ask this though :p

the4thtoenter

Aug 12, 2017
the best brand of tablet you can get is Wacom, the intuos pro series is pretty good if you are starting out but depends on your budget. the best is the cintiques because you are drawing on a screen so you can see you hand and is easier to draw, however a good one of these costs over $2000, one of the best ones you can get is a portable tablet (like an ipad on steroids) the top tier one is like a high end gaming laptop but also you can draw on it. if you want good un-biased review of their products search for them on the youtube channel Draw with Jazza.

P.s. interesting choice of place to ask this though :p
Thanks for the advice m8. I'm pretty poor but I'll start saving up, I'll check out that youtube channel too.

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
Thanks for the advice m8. I'm pretty poor but I'll start saving up, I'll check out that youtube channel too.
all good, if you just wanna get started i suggest buying a pen for your current tablet, or buying one second hand for an affordable price. like a good intuos pro is $300-400 but depending how poor you are that might be a crapton.

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
You kids today don't know how lucky you are with these little drawing tablets. My first digitizer was 4ft wide and you needed a forklift to move it.

Reactions: letitbleed

letitbleed

Jun 8, 2017
think before you go buying some expensive hardware you may want to settle on which software you plan to work with.

will you be doing 3D art or illustrations? a tablet wont be that great for the 3D but is important to illustrations.

also depending on what kind of work you prefer will also make some things more or less useful such as the difference between architectural, character, background or some combination of these points to different hardware and software.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I think that, since you are in college, a good 2 in 1 touchscreen laptop with a stylus should be able to get you started. That way, you can fold the keyboard back and use it in tablet mode when drawing, yet still have a 'regular laptop' for your other class work. You mentioned being on a budget, so I think this would be a decent solution for you, for now anyways.

This link might be a good read for you:

the4thtoenter

Aug 12, 2017
I think that, since you are in college, a good 2 in 1 touchscreen laptop with a stylus should be able to get you started. That way, you can fold the keyboard back and use it in tablet mode when drawing, yet still have a 'regular laptop' for your other class work. You mentioned being on a budget, so I think this would be a decent solution for you, for now anyways.

This link might be a good read for you:
Thanks, I'll look into that.

luckyk2

Feb 17, 2019
Hi,
I myself am a digital creator. I have some digital arts with me. Where can I sell them?
If anyone has any idea please do let me know. Not all the pictures are lewd.